Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:12:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you like to see in a Bitcoin Digital Marketplace & Freelancer site?  (Read 635 times)
deepbtc (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:16:55 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 12:59:26 PM by deepbtc

I want to start a Bitcoin digital marketplace and a freelancer site as it will help the community tremendously. What features would you like to see implemented in these sites? What fee structures? I'm thinking of 10-30% fees for the digital marketplace and 10-20% fee for the freelancer marketplace.

What do you think?

Features:

1. Exclusively Bitcoin
2. Quality review for both digital products and freelancers
3. Anti piracy system for the digital products
4. Affiliate program
5. Rating & reviews
6. Escrow
7. Free marketing for products & services
8. Services (article writing, landing page creation,  SEO, etc. )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buybtc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:21:38 PM

I want to start a Bitcoin digital marketplace and a freelancer site as it will help the community tremendously. What features would you like to see implemented in these sites? What fee structures? I'm thinking of 10-30% fees for the digital marketplace and 10-20% fee for the freelancer marketplace.

What do you think?

Features:

1. Exclusively Bitcoin

I like what you are doing there. Let me know how I can help thanks!
SirLolicon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:35:52 AM

I'm a musician and sound engineer, and I'd love to make money out of the sounds and music I make.
I want to be sure that the places I sell my music make sure that my rights are upheld. (Fair use, Royalties and all that)

Also that it doesn't look shabby so people would actually want to visit the site and buy digital goods.
So yeah. that's pretty much it.

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 06:17:02 AM

What do you think?

Features:

1. Exclusively Bitcoin

Nice idea. How about escrow? reputation?
You have a beta site?

I'm a musician and sound engineer, and I'd love to make money out of the sounds and music I make.
I want to be sure that the places I sell my music make sure that my rights are upheld. (Fair use, Royalties and all that)

Also that it doesn't look shabby so people would actually want to visit the site and buy digital goods.
So yeah. that's pretty much it.

Sell your music? You can also try this one: http://www.bittunes.com/

~iki
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:37:05 AM

I really like this idea.  I would try to include a few major altcoins for payment as well if you can.  I know this might not be done right away while you are setting everything up but eventually it would be a good feature to have.

You should look at other sites for ideas.  Check out fivrr for example, you could borrow a lot from them and perhaps improve upon some of their ideas.

Oh and one more thing, have a section for regional or local freelancing, even stuff like mowing a lawn or helping someone move.  This too would be difficult to implement.  I guess you would have to track where many of your users are concentrated and start there.

Best of luck I would love to see this happen!
deepbtc (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:47:36 AM

Thanks for all your replies.  I'm also looking into implementing an affiliate program for both marketplaces.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 10:54:24 AM

As an experienced software and web developer, I like your idea and project. Actually, you should focus on creating a good integrated escrow service. This is one of the most important features for such an site in my opinion. There are too many scammers out there.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 06:40:46 PM

for it to be opensource.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Pages: [1]
  Print