Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:58:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BE A PART OF THE WORLDS FIRST BITCOIN MT. EVEREST TREK  (Read 895 times)
Mt.EverestBitcoinTrek (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:47:43 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2015, 12:34:49 PM by Mt.EverestBitcoinTrek

HELP ME TAKE BITCOIN TO MT. EVEREST!

If your more comfortable donating bitcoins you can be to the following wallet. At the end of each month all bitcoins donated this wallet will be transferred by me to the Go Fund Me account all transactions will be made public. Bitcoin To Everest Fund: 1Dini2uAzGw6zXwengytD11tHANUwPKp5n

BECOME A PART OF BITCOIN HISTORY ON THE WOLRDS FIRST BITCOIN TO  MOUNT EVEREST JOURNEY.

WHAT:

I will create a large Bitcoin flag designed specifically for the trek along with a Cassius coin with GPS tracker that will be taken and left atop Mt. Everest. The entire trip will be documented and uploaded via satellite internet connection (both video and images daily). For all supporters who donate above $65 your name, nickname, or business will be placed upon both the flag and imbedded on the flash drive containing the Bitcoin reward left atop the Everest summit, All supporters of over $1000 will receive a Bitcoin tee-shirt and flag with either your nickname, business, or name with the title: I helped take Bitcoin to the top of the world, along with being on flag and Cassius USB prize. The top 20 supporters will receive exclusive rights to specific request that will be broad cast live. Ex) shout outs to friends, family, business. The top 20 supporters will also have their logo, nickname, or name imprinted on my outer most layer of clothing at all times and included in all broadcasts and photos.

WHY: To me Bitcoin is the single most important technological creation in the financial sector of my time. Its fundamental monetary properties will prove revolutionary in the ever progressing goal to free 90% of the world stuck in centralized banking cartels.  By implanting the Bitcoin currency atop the world’s largest peak it will symbolize strength and resilience least not a lasting positive impression throughout the world. Not to mention create much needed publicity for a currency that's still in such infancy.

HOW:

The entire trip will be funded through Go-Fund Me. The calculated cost of $120,000 is to cover the entire trip and equipment, including a cameras, computers, gear, etc. This trip will require me to leave school and my current career. These are all risks I'm willing and happy to take. An entire audit of the trip and how funds will be spent is available upon request.

WHEN:

Everest Trip Guide

WHEN:

Everest Trip Guide

March 27-June 3, 2016

The trip will be for at total of 60 days

-Itinerary -

Day 0: Arrive in Kathmandu, Nepal

Day 1: Team meeting in Kathmandu.

Day 2: Pick up climbing permits. Fee day to explore Kathmandu and visit temples.

Day 3: Fly to Lukla where we will meet our Sherpa team and start the hike to Base Camp (BC).

Day 4: Hike to Namche Bazaar at 11,300ft.

Day 5: Acclimatization day in Namche.

Day 6: Trek to Tengboche.

Day 7: Trek to Dingboche.

Day 8-9: Acclimatization day in area.

Day 10: Trek to Lobuche.

Day 11: Trek to Gorak Shep.

Day 12: Hike to Base Camp.

Day 13-17: We will acclimate and recover in Base Camp for several days. During this time we will have our Puja (an important ceremony with our Sherpa team) and practice some climbing skills (ladder crossing) before heading up the Khumbu Icefall.

Day 18-22: First rotation up to Camp 1 and then Camp 2.

Day 23-25: Rest and recover in base camp.

Day 26-30: Second rotation up to Camp 2 and a hike to Camp 3.

Day 31-38: Rest and recovery. We will descend to the village of Dingboche at about 14,000 ft/4,250 m to get a well-deserved rest before the summit push.

Day 39-58: Summit attempt. We will be watching the weather closely in anticipation of our summit attempt. The typical summit window is in the last weeks of May.

Day 58: Depart BC and trek to Lukla.

Day 59: Fy from Lukla to Kathmandu.

Day 60 : Depart Kathmandu for home.

WHERE: This trip will be for the highest summit on Everest.

About Me

I've climbed 2 peaks above 6500 M along with multiple below that. I grew up in Michigan taking 3 week long snow shoe treks sense age 14 in 18+ inches of snow. One of my current hobbies is sky diving. I have a very athletic build and consider myself to be in excellent shape for this journey.

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buybtc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:26:41 PM

Ambitious project no doubt  Smiley
anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:31:37 PM

Woah that is a serious climb.  And exciting.  I really like this idea, it looks a bit like a gimmick, but a gimmick that will bring some positive publicity to bitcoins and cryptos in general.  I am really sorry to hear that you got goxed.  Best of luck in your venture, and climb safe!

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:56:05 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 08:08:27 PM by Mt.EverestBitcoinTrek

Indeed a very intense trip 60 days in total. Please understand this is not a gimmick. I'm still working on transparency as there is still a lot of work to do and plan for. I plan to show total transparency with everything including any and all questions or inquires along with audit trail of all funds. Mt. Gox thing stinks but a lot of people lost way more than I did. Thinking about bringing a Mark Kaples sucks flag too Wink

Thanks for the positive feed back!
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:08:06 PM

Maybe if I had the time to do something like this id come along the trek and support this project myself however never manage to get that much time off work to do such a big project. Would be cool to do something like this over 60 days but that sure is a long time to do a trek  2 months is long time to do but well worth it for the the amount of travel that's involved once in a life time adventure to do.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:00:01 PM

Rite on. I'm lucky rite now to be in a position of no wife, girlfriend, or children holding me down to one specific place. I will be forced to leave my career, but luckily young enough to find something better or equivalent as I have experience in my field. Anyone that feels they have insight or something to offer please let me know. I feel as much as a once in a life time trip this will be the same is true for bitcoin.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

buybtc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:38:02 PM

Rite on. I'm lucky rite now to be in a position of no wife, girlfriend, or children holding me down to one specific place. I will be forced to leave my career, but luckily young enough to find something better or equivalent as I have experience in my field. Anyone that feels they have insight or something to offer please let me know. I feel as much as a once in a life time trip this will be the same is true for bitcoin.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Hopefully, you didn't die in that earthquake/avalanche ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: