Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:41:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't wait until AI takes over the world  (Read 517 times)
celestio (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:16:39 AM

Think about it, we have religion, cults, corrupt governments/leaders, and all the other nonsense that plagues this world and creates divide, oppression, and more for the people. If a AI took over, who in this hypothetical situation, we can assume is friendly, they would do away with such evils and create a much more harmonic world.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 09:32:50 AM

How could you guarantee that the elite wouldn't finance implanted backdoors into the AI? We'd actually need the AI to easily pass the Turing test and even then we couldn't guarantee what it would do.
Corruption is even legal in America.
Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tu32CCA_Ig

We can't hope that AI will magically solve all the problems of today. Humans are fundamentally flawed and this is why we are where we are. There is enough money in the world to find solutions to poverty, cancer and such. The problem is that if someone develops a $20 bottle of pills that cures cancer forever, then the pharmaceutical companies will lose billions of dollars. Hopefully you will understand what I'm getting at. The majority of people (and mostly the elite) are driven by greed.

There is a decent thread (if you exclude the useless posts made by signature campaign spammers) on the downsides of AI:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318001.0

Society will have to evolve into a model that doesn't require one to work in order to survive.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BitcoinIsAlgebraic

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:52:32 PM

why do you think this is even possible? brainwashed by tv
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:55:19 PM

... they would do away with such evils and create a much more harmonic world.

I think this could happen. Just about the time the last humans are being exterminated by the kill-bots we will enter a period of digital harmony.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 03:14:02 PM

well,  i hope that will not happen but that topic reminds me of the film "Ex Machina". you should watch it  Smiley

celestio (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:04:11 PM

How could you guarantee that the elite wouldn't finance implanted backdoors into the AI? We'd actually need the AI to easily pass the Turing test and even then we couldn't guarantee what it would do.
Corruption is even legal in America.
Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tu32CCA_Ig

We can't hope that AI will magically solve all the problems of today. Humans are fundamentally flawed and this is why we are where we are. There is enough money in the world to find solutions to poverty, cancer and such. The problem is that if someone develops a $20 bottle of pills that cures cancer forever, then the pharmaceutical companies will lose billions of dollars. Hopefully you will understand what I'm getting at. The majority of people (and mostly the elite) are driven by greed.

There is a decent thread (if you exclude the useless posts made by signature campaign spammers) on the downsides of AI:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318001.0

Society will have to evolve into a model that doesn't require one to work in order to survive.

Oh I wasn't nearly specific enough, but when talking about A.I, I meant "superintelligent" A.I, where it's "intelligence" far exceeds that of a human's. A human implanting a backdoor and it working in a "superintelligent" A.I could be akin to a rabbit outsmarting a human in using it's opposable thumbs to write with a pencil and play piano.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
celestio (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:06:11 PM

why do you think this is even possible? brainwashed by tv

Many things are already A.I(programmed with specific tasks), such as the algo googles uses in it's search engine, Siri, etc. This scenario just requires a A.I with above human level "intelligence".

JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:59:57 PM

Think about it, we have religion, cults, corrupt governments/leaders, and all the other nonsense that plagues this world and creates divide, oppression, and more for the people. If a AI took over, who in this hypothetical situation, we can assume is friendly, they would do away with such evils and create a much more harmonic world.

how do you know AI hasnt really already took over and we are just part of game they play :-P
Alien Artificial Intelligence theory- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbSivuqxoYY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: