Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:45:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do we need more escrow providers or do we have enough?
Yes - We Need More - 9 (50%)
No - We Have Enough - 6 (33.3%)
This Poll is a Waste of Time - 3 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] Escrow - Do we need more escrow providers or do we have enough?  (Read 643 times)
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 03:33:26 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 11:55:26 AM by Blazedout419

Lately I have been escrowing more and more for users here and wondered...do we need more escrow providers? I have never offered an escrow service or asked to escrow in any threads, but seem to be getting asked pretty often. I always provide the escrow when asked just to help keep people safe. I assumed I was being asked because other providers did not respond or are too busy? Anyways just curious for the users who need escrow often if they have issues finding escrows in a timely fashion or not? (I rarely escrow so I am not sure)

Please reply and tell me what you think or say something snarky  Tongue

Escrow is always a good thing so make sure you use it!

Edit: I am not asking if I should become an escrow or not. I was seeing if we needed more or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:28:04 AM

Interesting project for multi-sig escrow:
https://www.bitrated.com

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:31:58 AM

Although he have many escrows in this forums, but there is never enough escrows. If you are a trusted member, go ahead and make your own escrow service.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 09:57:39 AM

It is good to have as many trusted escrows as possible here. Please make an official announcement so that people can know. Good luck and be safe!

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 10:21:53 AM

you can't have enough. more escrows = lower risk of one running with lots of funds.

Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:44:03 AM

You have a nice trust, better to open your escrow service. Escrow is very important I think, more safe too.
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 11:52:27 AM

Oh...I was not planning on offering an escrow service. I was just curious if we needed more since I was being asked. I do not mind doing it for people every now and then, but I am not really wanting to do a bunch of them.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:47:08 PM

Always good to have a wide variety of escrows available, to cover different time zones, peoples preferences and expertises. I'm also like you though, I only offer my services when requested and have only expressed interest a few times. I just don't like the idea of conducting multiple deals with potentially large amount of Bitcoin/entities at the same time.

Even the small amount of escrows which I have provided, they do take a lot of time up and normally take more than a day to complete due to some of the reasons stated above.
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:36:04 PM

There is going to be ~$5 Billion worth of escrow needed to cover the new TNT coin purchases, so I would think there needs to be some expansion in escrow service providers.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066969.0

Escrow option:

Finalize the escrow the buyer want to use ( only trusted escrow service will be accepted )===> inform us how many coins u want to buy ==> we will send the coins to escrow and buyer will send the BTC to Escrow===> Escrow will hold the fund equal to 1$/coin for 3 months. :-) ( If the buyer want to sell back the coin they can contact escrow for the same and get back the funds by giving back the coins he bought and stake generated)

Note: Only buy coin using escrow. Else don't buy at all.

He is totally cereal. No really, cereally. Here he explains the operation a bit more clearly:

Here is Wunkbone admitting that TNTswap "exchange" is a scam. The asshole literally laughs when confronted with the evidence that TNTswap is simply a scam to get people to deposit coins in his Cryptsy account:

Who pays for the escrow service? If all coins are purchased through escrow, where exactly is the dumping of staked coins happening? If you can use or dump this coin, that means it must be tradable on exchanges. If it is being traded on exchanges, that means that coins are being bought and sold without escrow. Nothing you are saying makes any sense. If funds to purchase TNT coins are sent to you, what is stopping YOU from just keeping those funds and disappearing before you send it to the escrow service? Who are you? Where are you (India)? Why are you pretending to be multiple people, when it is obvious you are Coldcoiner from Hashtalk?

Also: Have you found that address of the 10,000 XPY bounty yet? Still waiting. Prove that you actually have these coins or remove all mention of the bounty, apologize for wasting people's time, and remove any insinuation that this fake bounty proves that your exchange is secure.

P.S: The person having trouble with the English language is you, not me, so please give that bullshit a break.

R u mentally retarded several times it was cleared that:

The user will send the fund to escrow they prefer and escrow will keep the funds.  and keep in mind none of the user will choose us for escrow they will choose btcpop or escrow.ms or other escrow service they like.

Either you are mentally retarded or spreading FUD so all your further post will be ignored

So, it has come to light that TNTswap is not an exchange at all, you just want people to deposit coins in your Cryptsy account. WTF? You have some explaining to do. Let us know how you are going to explain that your exchange is nothing more than you wanting people to deposit coins in your Cryptsy account. And, your explanation of how the escrow is going to work is bullshit. Answer the questions. Who pays the escrow fee? If ALL coins are purchased through escrow, how do people dump them, as you say can be done? How can the coin be used if all purchases are done through escrow? The coin is either traded on exchanges, or it isn't. Please answer the questions and stop being an asshole and attacking people.

Now he is refusing to prove that they are in possession of 10,000 XPY as they are claiming to be offered as a bounty for checking their security. This is the most worthless bunch of chumps to launch an XPY scam in quite a while.

Apparently they just store the coins on cryptsy and process withdrawals manually.

PJagaQFptPkmHQjHg3Czhg7pRiUAcVfwzT

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xpy/address.dws?PJagaQFptPkmHQjHg3Czhg7pRiUAcVfwzT.htm:

Source code for the exchange appears to be here https://github.com/btcexch1/ecoinstrader

IP address is 192.99.1.95.

Alternate web addresses are

(Note: the certificate will be from tntswap.com)

WTF? Seriously? This is a blatant scam, and means that everything that has been stated about TNTswap is a brazen fucking lie.

Grin

And here is Wunkbone admitting that he is actually Hashtalk member Coldcoiner, along with his other sockpuppet account here, TNTswap:

This was brought up:

Now he is refusing to prove that they are in possession of 10,000 XPY as they are claiming to be offered as a bounty for checking their security. This is the most worthless bunch of chumps to launch an XPY scam in quite a while.

Apparently they just store the coins on cryptsy and process withdrawals manually.

PJagaQFptPkmHQjHg3Czhg7pRiUAcVfwzT

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xpy/address.dws?PJagaQFptPkmHQjHg3Czhg7pRiUAcVfwzT.htm:

Source code for the exchange appears to be here https://github.com/btcexch1/ecoinstrader

IP address is 192.99.1.95.

Alternate web addresses are

(Note: the certificate will be from tntswap.com)

So, TNTswap is not an exchange at all, you just want people to deposit coins in your Cryptsy account. WTF? Seriously? This is one of the most blatant scams I have seen in quite a while. Please explain this, since it is completely different that you were claiming this "exchange" to be.

And PLEASE stop posting with multiple accounts, Coildcoiner. Everyone knows that there is one person running this scam.

Ok we all are coldcoiner then what ?

Already told you we are not able to stop you from assuming what ever you want.

Finally. Thank you for admitting that you are Coldcoiner. Now, what is your explanation of the revelation that your TNTswap exchange is nothing more than a scam to get people to deposit funds into your Cryptsy accounts?

This guy is a GAW/Paycoin scam victim who has decided to try to do to others what was done to him. Stay away from this coin and everything that Coldcoiner and his sockpuppet accounts TNTswap, and Wunkbone are involved in.

Some random unidentified guy in India, associated with known scammer Josh Garza. Seems legit.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 11:49:28 PM

I guess no escrow is really "trustworthy enough" as for this is a bitcoin forum and anonymity is a factor...
It all depends on who you trust online, and so, if both parties mutually trust a user that is not an escrow, that user could still escrow that specific deal. 
In conclusion, we never have enough escrows!
TriggerX

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 12:09:15 AM

There are already a fair amount of escrow. Many of them are already trusted and run signature campaigns. I personally think we have more than enough.

Hi!
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 09:09:15 AM

Actually thats something i wonder about too. I mean there are really alot escrows. And each week a not small number of new escrow services are offered. I really wonder who should use them. Though i "know" that some of these escrow threads post reviews and trust with accounts they own themself actually.

I though automated escrows will take much of these trades away but it seems escrows, that actively advertise themselfes with their own thread or post a lot, so that they are known very well, get a not small amount of interested users.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
GhanaGamboy

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

Dadice Fixed Rate.

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:19:13 AM

The few times I have needed escrow takes hours to find one online or who replies in time for the deal to continue. I will be honest out of a few of them I have had to start the trade without because of the waiting around and just do the trade in smaller parts, always has worked out but we need more trusted escrow services or projects like BitHalo smartcontracting to be used more.
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 11:22:08 AM

More escrow is better, but i think the most important is the trustable escrow
To be honest, it could become better if there are automatic or semi-automatic escrow, so the process before more faster & efficient

More escrow isn't better. More escrows means more chance of being scammed. I'd rather have a handful of very trusted escrowers than hundreds of less trusted ones. Call me sceptical but when I see users on here pop up with next to no trades offering escrow my first question is always "why?" It's not like you can really make a business out of it or earn passive income because most do it for free or rely on tips (and most people are too tight to send any even though you've just protected them from getting ripped off). I think far too many are offering escrow services as soon as they hit Senior member and its only a matter of time before one of them runs off with someones funds (though I hope I'm wrong and am just being cynical) but that's why I would only use a very trusted and established one over all these new or fairly newcommers.
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 12:03:07 PM

Well it seems more escrows are wanted so long as they have a ton of trade history then. I will leave this up for 1 more day then let it die off.
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:07:32 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 08:58:41 AM by Finchy

I think they need to have both lots of trades and be an very active forum member as that rep goes a long way. Some of these new escrows that pop up its the first time I've ever seen their name. Senior and Hero accounts are very easy to buy but active / respected members usually don't sell their accounts or it is very uncommon (though not impossible) so I think actual forum rep goes along way (in addition to lots of previous trades too).
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 12:28:48 PM

I think they need to have both lots of trades and be an very active forum member as that rep goes a long way. Some of these new escrows that pop up its the first time I've ever seen their name. Senior and Hero accounts are very easy to buy but active / respected members usually don't sell their accounts or it is very uncommon (though not impossible) so I think actual forum rep goes along way (in addition to lots if previous trades too).

I agree with you it should be users who are obviously active and solid traders.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: