Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:02:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning about Carra23 -  (Read 1527 times)
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:49:10 PM

The link is in their email addresses. All of the emails match the handles of their bitcointalk.org accounts.

This is not a claim of a scam. It is merely a warning to others that Carra23 is not as anti-spam as he claims to be

Clutching at straws mate.

This really isn't proof of anything, I'd have thought matching emails with account names is quite common (for the record mine is). Carra23 may have just wanted his email kept private which is understandable on a forum like this.

BTW my btc address is also from Cryptsy, does that make me an alt? Nope

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 08:57:19 PM

I think this thread was in reputation before, I wonder why the OP moved it.

It doesn't look like any scam is even being accused in this thread. It does look like there may be some conflict of interest in his avatar campaign though.

I reported this thread to be moved to Scam Accusations + OP is a Newbie so I'm guessing a Patroller moved it, not OP. Scam Accusations seems like the right place for it, Reputation is more of a place for people to place their personal rep threads. I mean, it seems warnings are usually posted in Scam Accusations anyway, so it seems this is better suited here than in Reputation.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
warning re carra23 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:45:26 AM

The link is in their email addresses. All of the emails match the handles of their bitcointalk.org accounts.

This is not a claim of a scam. It is merely a warning to others that Carra23 is not as anti-spam as he claims to be

This really isn't proof of anything, I'd have thought matching emails with account names is quite common (for the record mine is). Carra23 may have just wanted his email kept private which is understandable on a forum like this.

A cloud mining company detected that several people created accounts with the emailes in the first post were the same person. The fact that they all use cryptsy addresses only strengthen the connection.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:14:55 AM

A cloud mining company detected that several people created accounts with the emailes in the first post were the same person. The fact that they all use cryptsy addresses only strengthen the connection.

Can you give us more details pls?
There is a thread who is talking about?
If yes, can you post title or link?
Who is the cloud mining company?
Thanx

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:23:29 AM

Can you give us more details pls?
There is a thread who is talking about?
If yes, can you post title or link?
Who is the cloud mining company?
Thanx

This company https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1065453.0 . The thread about this has been deleted/move to trashcan I think, I could not find it anymore

But I dont think people that use cryptsy address + people using same email as their username is a same person, could be a different person too because people are always into giveaway
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 07:52:31 AM

All address coming from same exchange doesn't make prove he is behind all these. However, this is very suspicious.

Another anonymous warrior. Well, I don't blame ya I suppose, that's fair enough.

I trust Carra though, I don't think he'd have any reason to have alts. He's a pretty stand-up guy and I'm fairly sure he gets a decent enough revenue from managing signature campaigns that he wouldn't want to risk that for...this...?

No offence to you but this kind of thing is not an excuse IMHO. Scammers* can easily exploit this. This is the same reason I saw in ndhnc's thread for giving him a benefit of doubt, in fact, telling it was framing. I still couldn't come to a conclusion about ndnhc but I maybe able to draw a conclusion if he can prove that address is from a shared wallet which he couldn't do so far.

* Not saying Carra and ndnhc are scammers.

The forum has enough finger pointing for this month. Give this a rest please. OP gives proof of a few forum accounts who uses cryptsy addresses. The link of these accounts to carra23 is weak. There must be many other members using exchange addresses for sig campaigns, then all of them must belong to carra23?

I think theymos could help us to understand if the behaviour if carra23 and his signature farming if is true or not.
He can scan in deep the log of each account and let US know the truth.
I hope theymos read this thread and post some info

Having multiple accounts whether they're on the same campaign or not isn't against the forum rules though individual campaigns may disallow it, but that's up to the owners or the campaign managers to police not the staff or admins. Maybe they might get involved if there's some evidence or suspicion of wrongdoing/scamming but this doesn't really look like a scam accusation either.
I think this thread was in reputation before, I wonder why the OP moved it.

It doesn't look like any scam is even being accused in this thread. It does look like there may be some conflict of interest in his avatar campaign though.

I have asked this in Meta and one of the staff said 'Reputation' sub-board is commonly used for reputation threads that we can see currently but not for criticisms.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: