News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Gavin a CIA mole?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gavin Andresen undercover for the CIA?  (Read 7075 times)
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 07:06:34 PM

I heard they shackled Gavin in a room with all kinds of pulsating lights and techno music until his ears started bleeding to turn him.  He held out longer than any top dog CIA officials thought he would. :p

Sounds like a Die Antwoord concert

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:09:54 PM

A lot of our users are very very dumb then if they think that gavin could be a mole. It is just a part of the newbie experience I guess thinking bitcoin is a spy world or some part of a conspiracy.

You need a new account MR. CIA shill. This one was burned in the fork dicussion. You're a known ugly Gavin-shill. Best to stop posting with that account.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:10:29 PM

I heard they shackled Gavin in a room with all kinds of pulsating lights and techno music until his ears started bleeding to turn him.  He held out longer than any top dog CIA officials thought he would. :p

Sounds like a Die Antwoord concert
Bingo...as a matter of fact the 'secret put him under phrase' is:
"I Fink your Sexy and I like you alot!!"

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:02:43 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 09:13:33 PM by AGD

I think it is possible. CIA had interest in Bitcoin pretty early for a reason and they could've seen the need to take control at an early stage, before someone else does it. It's not even about what they can do at that moment, but what might be possible in the future. I also think, they have pretty good arguments to convince people to keep things secret, so Gavin will not come back from the meeting and tell everyone "Hey, I am working with the CIA now and we are working on some cool exploits now", but he will continue working as usual until the CIA wants to change the parameters. Maybe they found an exploit, that will only work when the Blocksize is bigger? That could be the reason for Gavin's overreaction, when many people questioned his idea. Speculation, but makes sense to me....

edit: The CIA knew about Bitcoin about that time of the Wikileaks story in 2010. At that time they wanted to stop Wikileaks from recieving donations. They shut down their Visa and PayPal and as a reaction Wikileaks started to accept Bitcoin. Now what would the CIA do then to stop Wikileaks? Satoshi didn't like the hype, because of the bad image and he thought it was too early for Bitcoin to get media attention. When the CIA contacted Gavin, they were not only trying to understand the technical aspect of Bitcoin, but they wanted control over the whole damn thing.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:24:17 PM

I think it is possible. CIA had interest in Bitcoin pretty early for a reason and they could've seen the need to take control at an early stage, before someone else does it. It's not even about what they can do at that moment, but what might be possible in the future. I also think, they have pretty good arguments to convince people to keep things secret, so Gavin will not come back from the meeting and tell everyone "Hey, I am working with the CIA now and we are working on some cool exploits now", but he will continue working as usual until the CIA wants to change the parameters. Maybe they found an exploit, that will only work when the Blocksize is bigger? That could be the reason for Gavin's overreaction, when many people questioned his idea. Speculation, but makes sense to me....

Now this should just be a printed and hung up example of FUD
Fear:Maybe they found an exploit, that will only work when the Blocksize is bigger?
Uncertainty:That could be the reason for Gavin's overreaction, when many people questioned his idea.
Doubt: Speculation, but makes sense to me....

So you really think, the CIA contacted Gavin in 2011 only to get a quick lession in Bitcoin and that was it?
Don't you think they wanted to stop Wikileaks from getting donations?
Now if the only donations possible were in Bitcoin, don't you think they can come up with the idea to take control over a developing global currency or at least to be able to stop the donations?

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:25:45 PM

I love how we use a vote to determine the truth. lol It's how scientists figured out the world is flat.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:29:14 PM

@kingcolex
How about you just stop posting on the thread, bro? You're annoying as fuck.

Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:33:25 PM

@kingcolex

Just like bitcoin thankfully you don't have the ability to freeze my account. How about you logically put forward your opinion and tell me why and how you disagree with me so we can progress?

It's a barren thing to discuss with you.

AGD
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:38:02 PM

@kingcolex

Well a discussion has always more than only one point of view. If he is shill, ok good for him. Maybe he is Gavins buddy or Gavin himself. Possible that he is a CIA shill or whatever. We are here to discuss this topic and when he is able to convince me with better arguments, it's ok with me. My point of view is, that it is quite possible, that the CIA finds Bitcoin important enough to take control over it. What is better for this goal to get the main developers into the team?

Derek492

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:38:09 PM

It all depends on what you think Bitcoin should be. Bitcoin cannot be all things to all people, IMO. Gavin wants it to something, others don't want to go that route. It is interesting situation.

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:46:59 PM

Just two links about the reason why the CIA wanted to know about Bitcoin:

20.04.2011:
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2011/0509/technology-psilocybin-bitcoins-gavin-andresen-crypto-currency.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2011/06/14/wikileaks-asks-for-anonymous-bitcoin-donations/

TruthBear (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:13:44 AM

edit: The CIA knew about Bitcoin about that time of the Wikileaks story in 2010. At that time they wanted to stop Wikileaks from recieving donations. They shut down their Visa and PayPal and as a reaction Wikileaks started to accept Bitcoin. Now what would the CIA do then to stop Wikileaks? Satoshi didn't like the hype, because of the bad image and he thought it was too early for Bitcoin to get media attention. When the CIA contacted Gavin, they were not only trying to understand the technical aspect of Bitcoin, but they wanted control over the whole damn thing.

+1

Overwhelmingly the users of the forum agree with this statement. We are fast approaching the death of bitcoin. It is being killed from within.
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:15:58 AM

+1

Overwhelmingly the users of the forum agree with this statement. We are fast approaching the death of bitcoin. It is being killed from within.

We have actually a consensus on it (since 51% around here is obviously a consensus already)!

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:16:24 AM

When Gavin went to see the CIA, do you think they turned him? Is this why Satoshi left? Maybe this has been USA's plan from the beginning, which is why they don't fear BTC. Gavin is on a secret mission to tear the community into two; thus the death of bitcoin from the core v XT debate.

Thoughts? I'm genuinely worried what this will do to bitcoin, I don't know if I should dump or not. If Gavin goes to XT, does that mean we're all bag holders of a worthless altcoin, or is XT considered an altcoin? What is real anymore?

You win USA. Bitcoin is a failure; that was a smart move from the CIA. Checkmate, Satoshi.

Cool.  See you all in Litecoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:35:15 AM

+1

I don't understand, why the involvement of the CIA = death of Bitcoin
The source code is still open and everybody can get involved. Why not the CIA?

TruthBear (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:38:35 AM

+1

If you haven't noticed. 90% of bitcoiners hate the government (I'm in the other 10%). This destroys any confidence in the system. There are hundreds of alt coins but none are as big as bitcoin because they lack confidence.
TruthBear (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:52:31 AM

+1

If you haven't noticed. 90% of bitcoiners hate the government (I'm in the other 10%). This destroys any confidence in the system. There are hundreds of alt coins but none are as big as bitcoin because they lack confidence.

do you know what open source means you piece of shit?

And speak for yourself regarding your stand againt government.

open source = success?

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Logic right there... Who will support anything bitcoin when this stupid shit happens? Bitcoin is trying to solve something that doesn't need solving. Have fun with your worthless sea shells.
TruthBear (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:06:17 AM

+1

do you know what open source means you piece of shit?

And speak for yourself regarding your stand againt government.

open source = success?

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Logic right there... Who will support anything bitcoin when this stupid shit happens? Bitcoin is trying to solve something that doesn't need solving. Have fun with your worthless sea shells.

ah so now you show your true skin. You're not making this thread in good faith, what a piece of shit.

Please refrain from crude language. Your motives are clear after reading your post history. Thanks for the laugh before though, next time i want to be successful, I'll just open source it.
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:02:24 AM

Where would most of you guys be without your government that protects your ass? There are some nice countries in the world that show, how things go when the government is incapable. Life looks so easy, when everything is in balance and you have your fridge filled, but history has shown countless times, that things can change rapidly...

Kprawn
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:15:01 AM

There is a huge difference between consulting with the CIA and working for them. In those days MANY of these "hackers" were Anti-government or Anti-regime. They worked underground on projects to communicate privately {Anon-mailers and PGP encryption ... real 007 shit}

A project like Bitcoin would have flagged a lot of attention and the CIA would do anything to get there hands on the people behind this project.

I think, and this is my opinion... Gavin got flagged and he decided that it would be better to communicate with them directly. You do not want to be red flagged by these people... He went there to state his case and to clear the air.

If I was put in the same situation, I would most probably have done the same. {It will be bad for you to get a internal exam, every time you fly from one city to the next}  Wink

Go there... explain things and go on with your life.  Roll Eyes

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED & PLAYER-OWNED CASINO
.EARNBET..EARN BITCOIN: DIVIDENDS
FOR-LIFETIME & MUCH MORE.
. BET WITH: BTCETHEOSLTCBCHWAXXRPBNB
.JOIN US: GITLABTWITTERTELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: