Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Slap, slap, slap!  (Read 2375 times)
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 04:12:27 PM

You guys really don't reallize you're being slapped around by hackers and early adopters. They will keep on doing these 2-5k dumps until the resistance is so low it triggers a cascade. They will buy back at the bottom, wait for you all to pump back the price again in ignorance and repeat.

Handy info thanks. We need more threads like this with handy info and stuff

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:49:10 PM

I don't think the price is relevant itself aside from it's price versus where you got in (or out, if trading was your game).

Depending on your time frame, I'd say that long term it's done pretty well.  Astoundingly so actually.  If you were in before the bubble(s) then you're up, and added to that the inflation factor of FIAT (I mean, we all know food and other commodities are going up, whilst at the same time the banking system is near zero or possibly negative, so a double steal).  I'm happy to keep some resources in BTC, even though I've spent a large chunk of what I had which on paper wouldn't be good if looking through the lense of a FIAT currency.

I would suggest looking at it from a multi-year point of view, rather than from a peak price down approach.  Statistics can be manipulated to support any argument someone wants.

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:07:27 PM

Ahahah, early adopters sure. L2T
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:20:10 PM

You guys really don't reallize you're being slapped around by hackers and early adopters. They will keep on doing these 2-5k dumps until the resistance is so low it triggers a cascade. They will buy back at the bottom, wait for you all to pump back the price again in ignorance and repeat.

Those that holds a lot will always have advantage to do something with them. It is same anywhere you look or go.
But if you talk just about dumping then, they can dump only once, then they become empty handed.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:32:58 PM

ahahah definitely they are
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:22:09 PM

I rather be a bag holder, and letting the people wanting this coin to better the financial system which is a chance.

Then not having a chance, similar to buying a lottery ticket, you cant get lucky without participating in it. Of course, this is just some levels based on their own risk on what they can or cant handle.
ProsperousCoins

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:29:57 AM

Tension or not we've seen better days.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:44:26 AM

I rather be a bag holder, and letting the people wanting this coin to better the financial system which is a chance.

Then not having a chance, similar to buying a lottery ticket, you cant get lucky without participating in it. Of course, this is just some levels based on their own risk on what they can or cant handle.

nothing wrong with being a bagholder. at some point you will benefit. something that doesn't look very good right now will pay off later.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:11:10 AM

not all of them, some have bought at 100 and sold at 1200, are those early adopters in your eye?

the true is there are professional traiders interested to the bitcoin market, expect more of those guys in the future
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:10:15 AM

not all of them, some have bought at 100 and sold at 1200, are those early adopters in your eye?

the true is there are professional traiders interested to the bitcoin market, expect more of those guys in the future

that sounds nice.

But Id assume it was a rare case for a few people.

I would assume they would sell while it was rising at like $500 ish and didnt know it would go much higher.

Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:16:41 AM

how can they know what will be the bottom? It not as orchestrated as many think, the today dump is not because of early adopters, is more about the tx limit

Doubtful. We are in a long term downtrend, clearly. Yesterday's dump is no different than today's or six months before. Simple supply and demand. Maybe that will change soon, but I think the block size issue is being very much over-hyped. TA says the long term downtrend is still in full effect, so IMO that is where the pressure comes from.

bonipper

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:18:16 AM

that sounds nice.

I would assume they would sell while it was rising at like $500 ish and didnt know it would go much higher.

Most rallies have dips where people sell because they think the price has peaked. It's extremely difficult to hold your coins until the overall peak price and ignore the dips. There must have been many people who sold at or below $500 thinking that was the peak price.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:36:20 AM

that sounds nice.

Most rallies have dips where people sell because they think the price has peaked. It's extremely difficult to hold your coins until the overall peak price and ignore the dips. There must have been many people who sold at or below $500 thinking that was the peak price.

why is it hard to hold coins? it's not hard, people make it look hard while it isn't. small traders trying to sell their stash for just a tiny profit are wasting time.
Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:50:36 AM

why is it hard to hold coins? it's not hard, people make it look hard while it isn't. small traders trying to sell their stash for just a tiny profit are wasting time.

Profit is profit, not time wasted. Perhaps it is those that are sitting in long term positions that are wasting their time (as they watch the price and wait). Time will tell.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: