Bitcoin Forum
December 15, 2017, 03:18:33 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Golden section ratio: Phi  (Read 449 times)
remotemass
Legendary

Activity: 934

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:05:04 PM

http://www.maths.surrey.ac.uk/hosted-sites/R.Knott/Fibonacci/phi.html

Would be great there was a torrent file of all referenced materials of the paper: "How to Build Time-Lock Encryption" by Tibor Jager. And having its magnet link published on bitcoin blockchain!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1203

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:58:16 PM

It's pretty amazing how much we see fibonacci numbers and Phi in the natural world, for instance in Nautilus shells, sunflower seeds and the human body.

Some people would argue that this shows evidence of intelligent design, personally I believe that nature evolved to utilise Phi due to its mathematical properties, such as being able to pack as many sunflower seeds as possible onto the seed head.

Off-topic, I'm also really interested in other examples of maths in strange places, such as the mathematical relationship between the frequencies of musical notes, and with rhythm in music.

Guess I'll make that my sig, all the cool kids have one...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.