Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:12:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Problems Bitcoins frozen  (Read 1880 times)
bitcometrader (OP)

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:07:07 PM

Hi I am trading on the Cryptsy Trading Platform and sold recently +-350000 Ripples which gave me +- 13 Bitcoins. All in a sudden Cryptsy is withholding funds and is not paying out anymore. After asking what the reasons are for not paying anymore they wrote: "Due to not having 2FA enabled, more information is required before we can process your withdrawal".
Than they asked me for the security question which I also answered. I am still waiting for some reaction.
Is this normal with Cryptsy ?
Has anyone had similar problems like this with Cryptsy before?
Thanks for the reply

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:30:07 PM

i'm trying it right now with a small amount(about 1k ripple, waiting for the deposit), but i think in your case the amount is bigger and they require more info
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:41:35 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 09:37:30 PM by pedrog

It looks like a hacking prevention measure, you see a lot of people bitching around because their accounts got hacked and they didn't even had 2FA on, good to see Cryptsy is being proactive trying to secure users' funds.

bitcometrader (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:43:18 PM

If cryptsy withholding my funds without reason than this is the same like hacking
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:53:40 PM

It's just their action to prevent hacking since you didn't enable 2FA
I'm sure you'll get your bitcoin soon, but sometimes their response is very slow
bitcometrader (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:55:50 PM

Seems I am not the only one

Ignacio Lopez
said 31 minutes ago

Yeah, it seems like they block our founds for no good reason...

I'm triying to withdraw my USDs without sucess... almost 5 days now.
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:01:21 PM

If cryptsy withholding my funds without reason than this is the same like hacking

I've had hassle with Cryptsy withdrawals before so I understand how frustrating it can be but in this case I think they are just being precautious due to you not having 2FA enabled (2FA is a no brainer, not really sure why you aren't using it). Also if your account there is new, deposits and withdrawals take longer as a security measure. Keep pestering support, I'm sure they'll get back to you soon.
bitcometrader (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:35:15 PM

There are many victims because cryptsy especially about withdraw without 2FA or identity verification
If you keep contacting them & proof that you are the owner of that account, you will able get your bitcoin. But, it could take few weeks Sad
Seems to me this is their trick, if one wants to withdraw large ammounts they ask you for your security question if you dont remember this one they take your cash.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:52:27 PM

well mine, went through at the end, but i enabled 2fa, so it must be an addition to the security system

or because your amount is above a certain limit, there is no other explanation really...
funbitcoins

Activity: 191

Let's have fun!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 06:55:40 PM

Hi I am trading on the Cryptsy Trading Platform and sold recently +-350000 Ripples which gave me +- 13 Bitcoins. All in a sudden Cryptsy is withholding funds and is not paying out anymore. After asking what the reasons are for not paying anymore they wrote: "Due to not having 2FA enabled, more information is required before we can process your withdrawal".
Than they asked me for the security question which I also answered. I am still waiting for some reaction.
Thanks for the reply

I don't have problem trading with other alts. Maybe Ripples is now on their radar. I don't trade any Ripples recently.

It is also so easy to enable 2FA..... If you were Cryptsy, you might also be wondering why people trade a good amount of Ripples without 2FA.
bitcometrader (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:01:14 PM

Thanks for the reply

I don't have problem trading with other alts. Maybe Ripples is now on their radar. I don't trade any Ripples recently.

It is also so easy to enable 2FA..... If you were Cryptsy, you might also be wondering why people trade a good amount of Ripples without 2FA.
If Cryptsy want people to enable 2FA than they should make it compulsory right from the beginning and not if you make a transaction which they dont like. It is plain mopping nothing else. This was the last time I used Cryptsy.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:38:24 PM

There are many victims because cryptsy especially about withdraw without 2FA or identity verification
If you keep contacting them & proof that you are the owner of that account, you will able get your bitcoin. But, it could take few weeks Sad
Seems to me this is their trick, if one wants to withdraw large ammounts they ask you for your security question if you dont remember this one they take your cash.

If you don't 'remember' maybe the account is not yours...

bitcometrader (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:29:26 PM

If Cryptsy want people to enable 2FA than they should make it compulsory right from the beginning and not if you make a transaction which they dont like. It is plain mopping nothing else. This was the last time I used Cryptsy.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:39:37 PM

What exactly qualifies as a 'transaction which they don't like'? They are an exchange, they like all transactions, that's how they make money...

DebitMe
Legendary

Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:42:14 PM

I am having my own problems with cryptsy that I am still trying to resolve.  After the forum was hacked, my cryptsy account was hacked (using the same login credentials, I know, I know, don't need a lecture). But the withdrawal was not processed by cryptsy yet by the time I got on in the morning.  I quickly contacted support and changed my password. Soon after, my account was "Locked".  I have sent in multiple support tickets that keep going unanswered and I have no idea how to get my money back since they won't reply to me.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
michinzx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 10:18:28 PM

most likely they are requiring 2FA because you are trying to withdraw such a large amount, and since the transaction wont be reversible, they just want to make sure the funds are going to the right person.
bitcollins85

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 11:44:04 PM

Dude there must be something wrong with your account I always get responce on tickets within 4hrs or so.. and they always solve things for me fast
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 01:15:02 AM

This is surprising that a company would hold your funds for so long.  In my opinion it is totally unacceptable for them to do this.  I would send a mail and call by phone at least once a day until this is resolved.  13 btc is not chump change and I would be pretty upset if it got frozen for no good reason.  Thanks for posting this on the forums, I now know to avoid them in the future.
bitcometrader (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:21:01 AM

What exactly qualifies as a 'transaction which they don't like'? They are an exchange, they like all transactions, that's how they make money...
Maybe they do not have enough liquid bitcoins or you dumping to much rubbish coins, if one dumps rubbish coins on a trading platform the owner of the platform is sitting with that rubbish. I am sure the owner of crypsy prefers to have Bitcoin and not Copperlark in his portfolio.
clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:30:35 AM

I faced this problem, decided to support this issue in one day.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: