Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:21:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't my trust green despite the fact that I have received some positives??  (Read 763 times)
vvikkass (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:58:10 PM

How does this thing work?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 01:59:56 PM

Because they aren't in your trust list, so their feedback is untrusted.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
vvikkass (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:05:12 PM

Can I add them in my trust list sir? If yes, how?
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:07:01 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust (You can locate this page on anyones trust page its called "trust settings")

Add the names into the field there. However, anyone without the users in their trust list will not see your trust as green.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 02:25:20 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust (You can locate this page on anyones trust page its called "trust settings")

Add the names into the field there. However, anyone without the users in their trust list will not see your trust as green.

You should add them to your trust list only if you really trust them. If you want to add them so you're green it doesn't make much sense because only you would see yourself as green, nobody else will unless they add them to their trust list too. You must create your own trust list depending on whose feedback you trust and not on who has left you a positive feedback.

vvikkass (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:28:12 PM

I gave a pos rating to a person who gave me pos rating some days ago. But still I'm not seeing the green hulk in my profile. Also is it legal to ask for trust rating for any service in open or in private?
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:28:30 PM

You should add them to your trust list only if you really trust them. If you want to add them so you're green it doesn't make much sense because only you would see yourself as green, nobody else will unless they add them to their trust list too. You must create your own trust list depending on whose feedback you trust and not on who has left you a positive feedback.

like he said if you want a positive green so that everyone can see you need someone who is on the default trust list to give you positive trust. If you add them to your list only you and others who added them will see it as green
vvikkass (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:30:29 PM

like he said if you want a positive green so that everyone can see you need someone who is on the default trust list to give you positive trust. If you add them to your list only you and others who added them will see it as green

Ok got that very clearly. Smiley
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:34:27 PM

How the trust system works:

The trust system isn't heavily moderated, anyone can leave anyone else feedback, you do not need to trade or anything.

Due to this, some feedback can be fake. To prevent this, we use a trust list. Each user has a list of people who they think leave other users "real", accurate feedback, called a trust list. When you view someone elses trust page or score, you will only see feedback from people who are in your trust list.

By default, users start with a list called DefaultTrust. You can add or remove people here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust

Adding or removing people only changes the way scores appear to you, not anyone else. Other people who look at your trust page will see a different score depending on who they have in their trust list. Someone might have a user who left you positive in their trust list and then see a green score, however someone else could have a user who left you negative in their list and see a red score.

So to answer your question, the reason you do not have a green score is you are (probably) looking at your profile with DefaultTrust and do not have have positive feedback from anyone on DefaultTrust. Someone else who looks at your profile with a different trust list might see red,green, orange etc.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 11:43:52 PM

I gave a pos rating to a person who gave me pos rating some days ago. But still I'm not seeing the green hulk in my profile. Also is it legal to ask for trust rating for any service in open or in private?
This is because that person is
1. not on your trust list
2. not trusted on the trust depth you've set it to on your trust settings (default: 2)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: