Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:46:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is mining worth trying ?  (Read 2200 times)
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:12:10 PM

mining and current price are not exactly the right combination. it's much better for you just to buy bitcoin. it saves you a lot time, hassle and money.

and noise and cooling ..!!!
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:16:54 AM

I personally enjoy mining.  It is very fun time for me.  I espically like tinkering with miners.  In some places it is a little harder with summer here.

If you have decent priced electricity it's still worth it, or other options is hosting, or cloud mining.   With these 3 main options there's kinda a option for anyone out there.

I suggest starting small and building up if you enjoy it.  For me I love it.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:22:03 AM

Easiest way to start mining Bitcoin is to buy cloudmining power. However, most cloudmining site is ponzi-based. So, choose wisely before you rent or buy hashrate from a cloudmining company.

I wont suggest you to mine Bitcoin.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:55:48 AM

I want to know how to mine BitCoin ? and
Is it profitable to mine coin?
What are expenses and how much do we get from mining ?

Its profitable only if you can get the hardware and have cheap electricity. Mining on a traditional PC is not profitable anymore, you need dedicated hardware. Mining is a race, so you need to buy lots of hardware. Once you have the hardware the expenses are electricity, rent and new hardware.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Relex

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:18:32 AM

Not worth it mate would cost more for electric.
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:34:33 AM

What is the Easiest (passive) way to earn BTC ?
Mine bitcoin is not profitable any more if you can find very very cheap power.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:43:10 AM

i always recommend bitfinex and cloudthink.io as the first option for any kind of bitcoin investing

How can you "always recommend" cloudthink.io when they have only been going for five minutes?

It wouldn't have anything to do with you having just sold him something, probably an account?

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:28:49 AM

CLOUDMINING is better to get more profit in mining but high risk
RENTRENTAL is better if you want to try before buy hardware you can compare pool by pool
HARDWARE MINING is better if you ready to calculate electric cost, difficult and Price

@shad_90 why you not try this ?
rent RIG to know how much you get
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:41:18 AM

No, don't lose your time mining bitcoin

you may try yo mine altcoins, but it is not much profitable any more
futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:44:48 AM

If you really want to mine for fun, try one of the altcoins - you can usually mine them with your CPU or GPU without investing in an ASIC.
hendra147

Merit: 509

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:03:49 AM

if mining wrong altcoin you will not receive any thing
burn your money

need more research before mining altcoin
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:26:36 AM

if mining wrong altcoin you will not receive any thing
burn your money

need more research before mining altcoin

There is a lot of pump/dump coins out there.  This makes alt coin mining hard (partially hard as it's been using the same gear for quite a while).   

I personally would suggest mining BTC and buy altcoins if you want to play with them.  At this point in mining that seems to be best to me personally.
mayflor2

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:41:28 AM

If you really want to mine for fun, try one of the altcoins - you can usually mine them with your CPU or GPU without investing in an ASIC.

Yeah, except in the rare occasion that a coin shoots up in value, almost nothing is profitable to mine with CPU/GPU.     Then that goes away with the inevitable diff increase associated with everyone trying to mine it.

svein

Activity: 298

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:50:24 AM

i always recommend bitfinex and cloudthink.io as the first option for any kind of bitcoin investing

they don't actually sell bitcoin mining, bitfinex is based on trading but cloudthink gives you some very simple options to earn daily bitcoins but with a decent return

is cloudthink a cloudmining company?

Don't go for them because most of them are ponzies and because there is no fun in mining without your own hardware
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:06:47 AM

they don't actually sell bitcoin mining, bitfinex is based on trading but cloudthink gives you some very simple options to earn daily bitcoins but with a decent return

Don't go for them because most of them are ponzies and because there is no fun in mining without your own hardware

there is also no fun in consuming electrcity when with cloud you can avoid that completely, not to mention the dust and everythign related to the maintanace, i don't find that fun to be honest

the only fun part is when you see your earning rising

and anyway some of them are legit, their problem is the same as mining in general, reaching roi is too hard, nothing else
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:57:35 AM

Look, not everything is a ponzi.  I just checked out there website: They guarantee a payout.  This is a bad sign right? What do they guarantee?  3%.  Ok, so I made that at hasnest in the first 10 days, and they give themselves 6 months for that return.  The expected profit is 6-10%.  Pretty good, that is 12-20% a year.  If you got that much in your 401k you would be filthy stinking rich by the time you retire.   But they don't guarantee that much.  This is only one of their plans.  Their referral rate is 5%.  Pretty big but not exactly impossible.

If you look at some of their other plans they start to guarantee 20% or even 30%.  This is starting to look a little suspicious.  However I can't say that it is a ponzi.  These numbers are possible for a well managed mine.  When I bought in at hasnest my time to break even was something like 250 days.  Lets just assume that the difficulty etc is static.  After 250 days I can sell back all my hash and I basically have a 100% profit.  I wont do the math for you but you can earn a crapload of money with a 100% yearly return.  Of course it isn't so simple but the point is that the numbers from cloudthink do not necessarily scream ponzi.  That does not mean they are legit, I have no idea.  I would need to research it further.  The point is that you shouldn't go around saying things like this about a potentially legit business.  If it is legit then lots of money and hard work have gone into making this company.  If it fails because of FUD it would be a shame for the employees and investors wouldn't it?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:38:54 AM

there is also no fun in consuming electrcity when with cloud you can avoid that completely, not to mention the dust and everythign related to the maintanace, i don't find that fun to be honest

the only fun part is when you see your earning rising

and anyway some of them are legit, their problem is the same as mining in general, reaching roi is too hard, nothing else

I enjoy tinkering and playing with the hardware personally.  It's a very fun hobby.

ROI is based on many factors, electricity is one big one.  Those of us with decent electricity it can be done, but yes some would need to host elsewhere or cloud sadly as their electricity is to high.

This summer has actually been amazing with miners.  Some guessed a massive amount of change on the difficulty but jumps have been not to large in most cases.  And we have had a number of negative changes, including the last one.

So there is lot's of good going on in mining area in my view.
KimNam

Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:39:33 AM

if you want mine for fun, just do it and start mine for now, you'll enjoy mining bitcoin and learn how it works Smiley

But if you want mine for profit, I think you should avoid mining bitcoin since it's not good anymore for home scale mining / personal mining at home Sad

Difficulty increase so high and in other hand, bitcoin price drop so low are most notable factor for reducing mining profitability.

Many user sell their mining hardware to reduce their losses, meanwhile another miner still mining bitcoin as their hobby.
Do some research and determine which one do you choose Cheesy

Don't ever try cloud mining to hope earn passive money, most of them are scammer, or not profitable because high fees
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:39:35 AM

if you already have a mining hardware and also have access to free electricity, you can mine and profit from it. but other than that if you do solo mining you only lose money rather than earning it.

if you are so interested in mining you can try mining altcoins or find a good cloudmining service and use it. always do your research before you invest

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
eyeknock

Activity: 381

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:32:07 AM

from my point of view, solo mining is no profitable anymore, is only profitable if you have cheap electricity, but you can always join in a pool, maybe thats the best chooise for you.

btw you can always rent some hw and use it, sometimes is a good idea Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: