Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:44:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big picture..  (Read 4641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
inca (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:04:05 PM

It is just a matter of time before the inevitable occurs..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:09:24 PM

Accumulation phase just started for me.

inca (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:19:17 PM

Yep I have been buying weekly from circle since January. I was lucky enough to receive an unexpected large tax refund which is sat as a juicy bid just in case Smiley
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:25:33 PM

So why should they be able to predict the end of a bear trend? All they can do is say 'line on a chart points up' or 'line on a chart points down'. Smiley

Literally the only thing bears have going for them is the 'line on a chart points down'.

Bitcoin only goes down because line on a chart points..oh shit.

Huh  Huh  Huh

So, you think Bitcoin will go up , coz lines on a charts tells you?

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:30:35 PM

Nope because bitcoin becomes more and more useful + being scarce = the obvious.

Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:37:30 PM

"Obvious in retrospect," yes, exactly that.

One important mental exercise most people never take the time to do is to consider a future scenario fully, really pretend that it's actually now happened. It's no longer uncertain, because it is a fact of history: "The Bitcoin price is at XXXX." Really think through that, get comfortable with the idea that this has actually happened and the other possibilities that could have happened have simply not happened.

Only then, only when you have completed the illusion of certainty and really convinced yourself, consider how realistic it feels. What would the headlines say? What would these people say? What would be the consequences? How would that relate to this issue and that issue?

Consider the success scenario fully, then reset and consider the failure scenario fully. Go back and forth between them often. Keep weighing them against each other to see which seems more correct, which seems more internally consistent, which explains more data that we already know about. In the failure scenario, many of the things you were hoping about necessarily end up being nothing. In the failure scenario, many of the things you were worried about turn out to be trifling. Every theory is tested from both angles.

At this point I find the success scenario quite a bit more realistic-feeling overall. It might take a while of sideways movement around these prices, but I'm getting the feeling that the next rise is "locked and loaded."
fonzie

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:39:34 PM

Nope because bitcoin becomes more and more useful + being scarce = the obvious.

Then why is he using those nasty & immoral lines to support his theory?

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:57:21 PM

inca (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:28:25 PM

Hey nice chart..
uhoh

Activity: 742

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:33:59 PM

So why should they be able to predict the end of a bear trend? All they can do is say 'line on a chart points up' or 'line on a chart points down'. Smiley

Literally the only thing bears have going for them is the 'line on a chart points down'.

Bitcoin only goes down because line on a chart points..oh shit.

Huh  Huh  Huh

Slightly hypocritical considering your love of posting Igorr's old chart
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:07:45 PM

OP it seems that you forgot that sub 200 has already happened, so what's the point of this, it will end in the same way, sub 200 for 1 seconds and then again above the 200 floor

this is why you can call it rock solid
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:11:26 PM

So we are still in the overestimation phase?

Accumulation phase is about to start for me. I expect the price to remain like this for a while, so I have the time Smiley
inca (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:28:20 PM

So we are still in the overestimation phase?

Accumulation phase is about to start for me. I expect the price to remain like this for a while, so I have the time Smiley

Here is hoping that my bid gets hit. My cold storage will be getting substantial then Smiley
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 10:55:17 PM

I'm slowly getting worried that even though BTC will perform very well this year it will not be because bitcoin is so awesome and its opponents suddenly start to see the light but instead because some large scale shit will happen that brings down the conventional markets. When bad things start to happen they will happen all at once. Yes your bitcoins will be worth millions of dollars but at what cost? at what cost?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
fonzie

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:57:35 PM

I'm slowly getting worried that even though BTC will perform very well this year it will not be because bitcoin is so awesome and its opponents suddenly start to see the light but instead because some large scale shit will happen that brings down the conventional markets. When bad things start to happen they will happen all at once. Yes your bitcoins will be worth millions of dollars but at what cost? at what cost?

Thanks for your non selfish concerns! Appreciated!  Cry Cry

jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:23:55 PM

The markets should go into bear territory later this year when interest rates rise.  However for a crash to happen you need a catalyst like a major war or other political event, or for a major company to fail.  It is not inevitable.  I hope it doesn't happen even though it might benefit me in some ways.  Lots of people will get hurt in the process.

The bitcoin price is dropping fast right now.  I think it is because of the 20mb feud.  People who don't understand what is going on think that the sky is falling and pull all of their money out.  This is fine for me because i am patient and I love a chance to buy low.  When this thing is resolved expect the price to shoot back up.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 12:19:44 AM

I can arbitrarily place the little historical plot too! Except mine portrays the failed exponential trend line and the space below.

The point is, this picture as well as the original is completely useless. It is basically an opinion (hope?)

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 02:13:18 AM

I can arbitrarily place the little historical plot too! Except mine portrays the failed exponential trend line and the space below.

The point is, this picture as well as the original is completely useless. It is basically an opinion (hope?)

This original pic is not useless, it's a fact. Bitcoin's infrastructure and technological productivity developing goes hand in hand. i mean, do you look more than just the Bitcoin price?

You blue line is pure trolling beceause the price is dropping? Ppl do strange things when the're depressed.
acharias

Activity: 209
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 02:56:39 AM

waiting down at under 200$
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:24:38 AM

This original pic is not useless, it's a fact. Bitcoin's infrastructure and technological productivity developing goes hand in hand. i mean, do you look more than just the Bitcoin price?

You blue line is pure trolling beceause the price is dropping? Ppl do strange things when the're depressed.

Absolutely not trolling. I get how the yellow and green lines relate, and I understand the curve of development. As I said, the point at which the Bitcoin price history plot (that is what that red line is, right?) was placed on the technological S-curve is arbitrary. How can you say that the function of the curve is absolute for that piece of price data? There are no X/Y coordinates so it is just stuck there. What's to say that the entire history of Bitcoin wouldn't fit into one pixel on that pic? Or that the price is not already past the start of the rise of the curve and needs to catch up? Indeed where I stuck it is arbitrary, but I guess what I want to know is, how did you come to your conclusion?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: