Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:21:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Victim of LocalBitcoin Scam (Out of Escrow)  (Read 817 times)
jack101 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:03:16 PM

Hi guys,

I have unfortunately being the victim of a scam out of escrow for €7,000. I had many good trades with this individual before. I don't have all his details but I'm building a better picture of him each day, he is from Ireland but currently living in Canada. I'm not sure how best to go about this, is there any legal trouble I might get into if I mention his name here on the forum etc? Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:41:32 PM

Hi guys,

I have unfortunately being the victim of a scam out of escrow for €7,000. I had many good trades with this individual before. I don't have all his details but I'm building a better picture of him each day, he is from Ireland but currently living in Canada. I'm not sure how best to go about this, is there any legal trouble I might get into if I mention his name here on the forum etc? Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Doxxing or mentioning names of users is not allowed on the forum anymore. You can however post his username on localbitcoin to warn other members who might trade with him, along with the proof of trade. How did he scam out of escrow ? Did he win the dispute ?
antonioserrano72

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Impossible

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:44:19 PM

please explain, how was it u got scammed on lbc? what do u mean by out of escrow?

i thought escrow on lbc was mostly safe
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 12:23:43 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks

Doxxing or mentioning names of users is not allowed on the forum anymore. You can however post his username on localbitcoin to warn other members who might trade with him, along with the proof of trade. How did he scam out of escrow ? Did he win the dispute ?
I think doxing and releasing names are allowed here, i've only seen mods remove highly sensitive data such as SSNs and bank account information

Dox threads

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1071281.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=704289.0

as you can see in the first link, mods only removes the ssn

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
jack101 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 02:50:06 PM

When I said out of escrow I meant the trade was initiated through localbitcoins local cash ad, the escrow was never enabled. I had trade with this user on several occasions outside and within escrow, all trades were done through bank transfer. Maybe mentioning localbitcoins in the title was wrong as it is not a localbitcoin issue. The person in question is not very active on localbitcoins, hasn't logged in 2 months.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:08:58 PM

Can you elaborate this more? Did you sent him bitcoins or bank wire?
You can post his details on forum and bitcoin address etc too, You can contact localbitcoins and ask about his IP address/mobile number and email ID etc, I'm sure they will help you.
Ps: Never ever go first with anyone unless you have sufficient info about buyer/seller and you are capable of recovering your money if something goes wrong.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:12:13 PM

When I said out of escrow I meant the trade was initiated through localbitcoins local cash ad, the escrow was never enabled. I had trade with this user on several occasions outside and within escrow, all trades were done through bank transfer. Maybe mentioning localbitcoins in the title was wrong as it is not a localbitcoin issue. The person in question is not very active on localbitcoins, hasn't logged in 2 months.

Ouch, sorry for the loss.

But, def even doing cash deals I`d still do escrow option more heavily next time, despite the # of transactions. Also, if its a connection you made through localbitcoins and started to trade off that site and started to do wire transfers?

Unfortunately the reverse wire transfers is before the recipient actually get the funds, but thats not the case here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: