Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:47:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 1462 times)
TheBitcoinMiner (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:18:01 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 08:25:07 PM by TheBitcoinMiner

NO MORE
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 07:19:40 PM

Is this going to be like how Namecoin DNS works, where you must configure your browser to be able to properly access websites with the extension? I have doubts that you'd just be able to convince IANA to let you procure a new GTLD so that you could start giving them out for free (afaik there'd be an ICANN fee anyway?) on Bitcointalk...

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 07:28:29 PM

Is this going to be like how Namecoin DNS works, where you must configure your browser to be able to properly access websites with the extension? I have doubts that you'd just be able to convince IANA to let you procure a new GTLD so that you could start giving them out for free (afaik there'd be an ICANN fee anyway?) on Bitcointalk...

I am not done with it yet but it works still.

Well, .btc isn't a TLD (it'd fall under being a GTLD I believe) so I'm not sure how you could make it so that anyone could be able to type website.btc and have it resolve correctly. You know, there's a lot of DNS servers involved there. Surely you are using some kind of workaround where people have to install a plugin or configure something like Namecoin DNS - which is annoying and why not many websites use a Namecoin domain.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: