no - 4 (20%)
not enough proof - 3 (15%)
yes but its something else - 1 (5%)
ugh... - 6 (30%)
aliens - 2 (10%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bigfoot - Could he be found soon?  (Read 1352 times)
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:32:52 PM

Op, you can quote this for future reference. If bigfoot is found I will give you one bitcoin.
Now I don't mean found as in a blurry photo, I mean found dead or alive and studied.

People seem to think there is an unexplored wilderness in the U.S. In reality scientists have documented every salamander, vole, or other creature. Sure there are some insects that could be categorized, but a giant primate? No way. There has never been a single hair, bone, or dropping found as evidence. It's really quite preposterous.

If I'm proven wrong it will be perhaps the greatest scientific discovery of my lifetime. Well worth 1BTC!
what is satoshi nakamoto is a bigfoot? does that count for my 1 btc?

hi
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 06:17:05 AM

It's the very fact that people can't approach things with a critical and independent mind that people post this stupid stuff still even today and why I still have to have arguments with idiots.

are you saying my posts are stupid? thats not very nice

If you don't want me saying posts are stupid then people everywhere should stop making such stupid posts, look, I don't have any problem in reality with people posting crap, but when they expect me to legitimately go along with it and treat it as if it's something clever and intelligent? No, fuck off, if it makes you feel any better I treat religious people the exact same way.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:58:26 PM

Op, you can quote this for future reference. If bigfoot is found I will give you one bitcoin.
Now I don't mean found as in a blurry photo, I mean found dead or alive and studied.

People seem to think there is an unexplored wilderness in the U.S. In reality scientists have documented every salamander, vole, or other creature. Sure there are some insects that could be categorized, but a giant primate? No way. There has never been a single hair, bone, or dropping found as evidence. It's really quite preposterous.

If I'm proven wrong it will be perhaps the greatest scientific discovery of my lifetime. Well worth 1BTC!
what is satoshi nakamoto is a bigfoot? does that count for my 1 btc?
Yes. That would be one smart ape, no wonder we can't find him.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:13:32 AM

I'm more of a Yeti fan myself. More remote and inscrutable. I'll bet you one ms paint drawing of a friendly snail that there's one reading this right now.

Oh... no. You have the Chinese army spread over every square inch of the Tibetan Himalayas. And they have not found any evidence of this mythical "Yeti". It exists only in Tibetan folklore... and in one episode of Tintin (probably Tintin in Tibet.... don't remember the title). Grin Tibet is no longer "remote". Not even the Atntarctic region is "remote" anymore.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:08:45 AM

Oh... no. You have the Chinese army spread over every square inch of the Tibetan Himalayas. And they have not found any evidence of this mythical "Yeti". It exists only in Tibetan folklore... and in one episode of Tintin (probably Tintin in Tibet.... don't remember the title). Grin Tibet is no longer "remote". Not even the Atntarctic region is "remote" anymore.

And just maybe if all out war broke out between China and the rest of the world, the enemy soldiers might drop their weapons and leave a trail of droppings when they saw the secret Chinese battalion of combat Yetis rumbling over the horizon on their armoured yaks.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:03:43 PM

No chance at all. In my opinion, the Bigfoot, Lake Nyasa monster, Loch Ness monster.etc never existed anytime in the recent history. If something even remotely similar existed, then with all the advanced technology such as high-resolution satellite imagery, it would have been located and captured by the humans.

NO!  This is silly!  As long as Bigfoot has not been captured or clearly put on cam, he could still exist!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:45:06 PM

NO!  This is silly!  As long as Bigfoot has not been captured or clearly put on cam, he could still exist!

I don't know... may be there is a very very small chance. And there are quite a few remote and isolated regions in the earth, where the humans are yet to set foot. Check this:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42721506/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/purest-places-earth/
http://www.livescience.com/30355-most-pristine-places-earth.html

Who knows, may be one day the Bigfoot may be discovered in the New Guinea or the Amazonia.  Grin
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:00:49 PM

NO!  This is silly!  As long as Bigfoot has not been captured or clearly put on cam, he could still exist!
I don't see this as evidence. One could apply that logic to anything.
NO!  This is silly!  As long as Bigfoot a unicorn has not been captured or clearly put on cam, he could still exist!

As much as I like the idea of a bigfoot, it is basically impossible for such a creature to exist on our overpopulated planet. As pointed out in this thread there is no unexplored area of the Earth. Well, the ocean floor, but I don't think bigfoot spends the day hiding in the ocean.
For me the most interesting thing about this phenomena is that there is still a place for this kind of folklore. Even when our science is good enough to show the absurdity of bigfoot some people will do anything to keep up the fantasy.
There was a movie on Netflix about bigfoot hunters. The guys in the film were so invested in this idea that they couldn't not find bigfoot, as it would destroy their whole identity. So each night they patrolled the woods around their house and saw bigfoot. Every photo they took or sound they recorded would be studied later and any shadow, noise, movement, or smell; was determined to be a bigfoot. They saw him most every night. lol  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:47:54 PM

Well, I doubt that it exists but it can´t be totally ruled out I guess. There are some really vast forests where it could be hiding out pretty much forever.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 09:20:13 PM

you forgot to add "essa tress trolls" as an option. C.O. Giorgio Tsoukalos.
galdur

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:53:18 PM

There´s only one way to find out: Money. Not even Bigfoot could evade the determination of human greed for long.

Wanted: Bigfoot (Preferably alive)

Reward: 5 Million Dollars.

Give it say five years. If it doesn´t produce any Bigfoot just forget about it.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:06:11 PM

NO!  This is silly!  As long as Bigfoot has not been captured or clearly put on cam, he could still exist!
I don't see this as evidence. One could apply that logic to anything.
NO!  This is silly!  As long as Bigfoot a unicorn has not been captured or clearly put on cam, he could still exist!

As much as I like the idea of a bigfoot, it is basically impossible for such a creature to exist on our overpopulated planet. As pointed out in this thread there is no unexplored area of the Earth. Well, the ocean floor, but I don't think bigfoot spends the day hiding in the ocean.
For me the most interesting thing about this phenomena is that there is still a place for this kind of folklore. Even when our science is good enough to show the absurdity of bigfoot some people will do anything to keep up the fantasy.
There was a movie on Netflix about bigfoot hunters. The guys in the film were so invested in this idea that they couldn't not find bigfoot, as it would destroy their whole identity. So each night they patrolled the woods around their house and saw bigfoot. Every photo they took or sound they recorded would be studied later and any shadow, noise, movement, or smell; was determined to be a bigfoot. They saw him most every night. lol  

LOL I was joking by using the logical imperative!  The good old irrefutable hypothesis!  See?  You can't prove bigfoot DOESN'T EXIST!!!!

And where did Frankenstein go when he wanted to get away from the evils of Man?

To the Arctic!

And where did Superman make his Arctic Fortress of Solitude?

In the Arctic!

And look, guys.  The Arctic is warming, the ice is all melting.  Before too long there will be hundreds of thousands of Bigfeet trekking south, looking for food.  Maybe millions of them.  First they'll eat all the polar bears, then all the Canadians, and then...
galdur

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:35:46 PM

Nah, first they´ll eat Superman in his fortress, then the polar bears, Canadians, maybe some Russians et cetera. Then they´ll come for you.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: