Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:53:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cult of personality concerning Gavin  (Read 623 times)
a fool and his money ... (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:34:54 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality

I think no further comment needed. The wikipedia article speaks for itself. Sheep have always played a big part in dictatorships and monarchies as they love the cult of personality. Sheep keep their masters in power and they love their servitude. They may even attack you if you want to free them.

Bitcoin is no different in this reagard. So keep up the Gavin-cult, i'm sure its for the greater good.  Roll Eyes

"We learn from history only that we do not learn from history"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:56:21 PM

got a new one for ya  Smiley

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 08:01:15 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 08:30:41 PM by DiamondCardz

God, that reminds me too much of Khrushchev's speech regarding Stalin:

"Comrades! In the Party Central Committee’s report at the 20th Congress...[...] At present, we are concerned with a question which has immense importance for the Party now and for the future – with how the cult of the person of Stalin has been gradually growing, the cult which became at a certain specific stage the source of a whole series of exceedingly serious and grave perversions of Party principles, of Party democracy, of revolutionary legality. [...] Lenin at the same time mercilessly stigmatized every manifestation of the cult of the individual, inexorably combated [any] foreign-to-Marxism views about a “hero” and a “crowd,” and countered all efforts to oppose a “hero” to the masses and to the people. [...]"

I don't see where all these views come from, honestly. The guy wants to increase the block size, which will need to happen soon, and he's prepared to prepare his own fork to do that. Boohoo, honestly. He's not Stalin and he ain't no dictator for wanting to do that.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Pecunia non olet

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:06:44 PM

"Comrades! In the Party Central Committee’s report at the 20th Congress...[...] At present, we are concerned with a question which has immense importance for the Party now and for the future – with how the cult of the person of Stalin has been gradually growing, the cult which became at a certain specific stage the source of a whole series of exceedingly serious and grave perversions of Party principles, of Party democracy, of revolutionary legality. [...] Lenin at the same time mercilessly stigmatized every manifestation of the cult of the individual, inexorably combated [any] foreign-to-Marxism views about a “hero” and a “crowd,” and countered all efforts to oppose a “hero” to the masses and to the people. [...]"

I don't see where all these views come from, honestly. The guy wants to increase the block size, which will need to happen soon, and he's prepared to prepare his own fork to do that. Boohoo, Christ above. He's not Stalin and he ain't no dictator for wanting to do that.

" On 13 August 1961, work began on what was to become the Berlin Wall, only two months after Ulbricht had emphatically denied that there were such plans ("Nobody has the intention of building a wall")"

quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Ulbricht

Always remember: "Nobody has the intention to build a wall" (has been said by the east german minister few weeks before the Berlin wall was built)

Pecunia non olet

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:10:16 PM

Okay, seriously these threads are getting ridiculous, it is the same flame gavin and pro fork supporter threads over and over. Flame and troll all you want but keep in one damn thread please.

You are a known ganvin-cult follower. Possibly paid for by some three letter agency. Why do you even bother to still post? We heard you colex, you say 'fork or death'. It's alright, we don't want to discuss with you no more.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:13:45 PM

Okay, seriously these threads are getting ridiculous, it is the same flame gavin and pro fork supporter threads over and over. Flame and troll all you want but keep in one damn thread please.

You are a known ganvin-cult follower. Possibly paid for by some three letter agency. Why do you even bother to still post? We heard you colex, you say 'fork or death'. It's alright, we don't want to discuss with you no more.

Oh he's outed you bro. Your in the BSA! Admit it, your a boy scout.  Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pecunia non olet

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:15:34 PM

Oh he's outed you bro. Your in the BSA! Admit it, your a boy scout.  Cheesy

lol, and the next one ... threads like this one attract the Gavin-fanboys like cowshit attracts flies.

Pecunia non olet

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:16:25 PM

And who is we? The group of new members who appeared suddenly and do nothing but spread fud and agree with each other about gavin? Not once was there a single post from any of the accounts including you with a possible solution. AGAIN I will ask you, what is the best solution in your eyes?

"We" is "our majesty" for you sir.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:19:17 PM

Jesus we rip into people way to much here...  I feel for this dude.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 08:32:42 PM

I don't see where all these views come from, honestly. The guy wants to increase the block size, which will need to happen soon, and he's prepared to prepare his own fork to do that. Boohoo, Christ above. He's not Stalin and he ain't no dictator for wanting to do that.

" On 13 August 1961, work began on what was to become the Berlin Wall, only two months after Ulbricht had emphatically denied that there were such plans ("Nobody has the intention of building a wall")"

quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Ulbricht

Always remember: "Nobody has the intention to build a wall" (has been said by the east german minister few weeks before the Berlin wall was built)

But there's quite a difference between that and the current situation. The Berlin Wall actually had quite a lot of benefits for the Soviets and, at least from a governmental and foreign policy point-of-view, the Americans as well, but that's not important here. It's absolutely unfair to say that Gavin is going to try to become some dictator of Bitcoin because he wants to increase the block size and others don't. It's more of a debate. At the end of the day, whichever fork gets more nodes will win over, so it'll still be up to the community - no dictatorship about it.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:50:25 PM

MIRCEA POPESCU sockpuppets account are going full retard. Thanks MP for showing us that you are THIS desperate! It means that fork is going along on the right path.

Thank you for the show MP!

anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:20:36 PM

Yeah, but at least they took my advice and bought a member account to spam FUD with.  It makes them look slightly mroe credible.  Kudos guys great job.  A bit late though everyone has already caught on. 

A cult, you guys are getting even more ludicrous, and I didn't that that would be possible.  Is it a cult if I don't want my bitcoins to become worthless?  Because that is what will happen if the block size problem is not addressed.  Find a conflict of interest that Gavin has and maybe I might consider the opinions of his money grubbing opponents.  Until then you guys just keep getting sillier, its almost becoming entertaining at this point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: