Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:41:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The moon needs 20mb  (Read 571 times)
JohnnyBTCSeed (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:58:32 PM

Think about it.

If you were a large institutional investor, say a hedge-fund manager, you would probably pay an analyst to, well, analyze bitcoin. I'm sure one of the punch list items that needed fixed PRIOR to investing would be the scalability issue.

Ergo, bitcoin needs to be seen as to be able to scale properly.

Maybe the CIA/CFR told Gavin that he needed to get bitcoin fixed up ASAP and ready for the near future as they are just itching to crash the global economy and institute their NWO.

Want Bitcoin to go to the moon? , well then these big hedgefund guys need to feel safe about the scaling.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:38:27 PM

Isn't the new blocksize being pushed for 8mb? I think this is the somewhat compromise that has been discussed by gavin.

Dies it even matter what the exact amount is? Imo it should be a sliding scale that adjusts to the need of the input. If difficulty can adjust, why not block size?
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:41:22 PM

Isn't the new blocksize being pushed for 8mb? I think this is the somewhat compromise that has been discussed by gavin.

Can you please point me to the source ? Because, I read Peter Todd was arguing that this 20MB raise will have an actual effect of 8MB. So, I wonder, what actual effect this 8MB will have !
cryptocult live

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:01:26 PM

Think about it.

If you were a large institutional investor, say a hedge-fund manager, you would probably pay an analyst to, well, analyze bitcoin. I'm sure one of the punch list items that needed fixed PRIOR to investing would be the scalability issue.

Maybe the CIA/CFR told Gavin that he needed to get bitcoin fixed up ASAP and ready for the near future as they are just itching to crash the global economy and institute their NWO.

Want Bitcoin to go to the moon? , well then these big hedgefund guys need to feel safe about the scaling.

You've got a point there but tell you something:

These people would benefit more from an independant bitcoin that's mainly defensible with 1MB blocks. They could launch their merged mined chains where they make the rules and would be almost as secure as long as btc is defensible. They are probably already doing exactly that. But from their point of view 20MB blocks also don't benefit them when it makes the whole thing open for attacks and exploits and also stresses out the whole community and causes rebellion against their puppets in the devteam.

If i was them i'd just go ahead with merged mined coins. Higher tps can be had on merged chains too. Really this whole circus makes no sense, not even from the standpoint of a powerelite.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:14:01 PM

These people would benefit more from an independant bitcoin that's mainly defensible with 1MB blocks. They could launch their merged mined chains where they make the rules and would be almost as secure as long as btc is defensible.

[citation needed]

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:16:29 PM

Think about it.

I never thought of it that way, but it could be a side benefit of larger block sizes.  Bitcoins are gaining awareness around the world, I suppose it is only a matter of time until big wall street money gets involved.  I just hope that I can accumulate some more of them before it happens.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: