Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 01:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vaporcoin SHA256 - NON MODERATED  (Read 2497 times)
Viecoin

Activity: 852
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:52:35 AM

Dev wanted to solo mine anyway.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:12:38 AM

Dev wanted to solo mine anyway.

Dev failed then because he put out working windows wallet from block 1 and solo miners rekt him.

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:21:50 AM

If it turns out that the wallet does not have a virus. What happened here then?
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 04:30:11 PM

the dev is an asshole and kept moderating pool operator posts when asking for a proper source upload.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:37:10 PM

the dev is an asshole and kept moderating pool operator posts when asking for a proper source upload.

To be fair, I read all those posts and he deleted the posts that accused him of virus and being a scammer etc. The pool operators dd not want to install because of the virus fud as well as the repo. There was a call for a proper repo which he complied with and he did delete the posts that were made in an insulting way. I was also guilty with an insulting post so if the wallet is in fact clean, the community did a big injustice to someone that wanted (and can still) do something good. Granted that he could have planned things better with a proper git etc etc. He just launched at the wrong time and got caught in the Dracula cross fire. I still need to see evidence that the wallet contains a virus and all posts so far to Virus total shows it is clean?
minerpools

Activity: 574

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 05:38:43 PM

To be fair, I read all those posts and he deleted the posts that accused him of virus and being a scammer etc. The pool operators dd not want to install because of the virus fud as well as the repo. There was a call for a proper repo which he complied with and he did delete the post that was made in an insulting way. I was also guilty with an insulting post so if the wallet is in fact clean, the community did a big injustice to someone that wanted (and can still) do something. Granted that he could have planned things better with a proper git etc etc. He just launched at the wrong time and got caught in the Dracula cross fire. I still need to see evidence that the wallet contains a virus and all posts so far to Virus total shows it is clean?

^^

Wallet's clean, repo's clean (bitbucket), now if people are just gonna continue with FUD and drama we might as well just shutdown the whole thing, stop doing alts and create a new religion or something worse.

This thread is just false, there's no virus or anything wrong with the source, I have no clue why dev made his thread moderated or deleted posts, that's none of my business, However, the title on this thread should at least be changed as its just a lie.

Give the guy a chance, at least the coin works...

minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 06:15:35 PM

@minerpools topic changed
like the 'dev' doesn't give a shit - deleted all the posts in his thread few times, uploaded the zipped source in mega, forget to write what algo is his coin - I don't give a shit for him and his 'project' too

This thread will stay here

SPECS

* ALGO: SHA256
* P2P port: 45621
* RPC port: 47621
* POW: 4000 blocks

POW rewards:
Block 1-1000 = 843 coins/block
Block 1001-2000 = 621 coins/block
Block 2001-3000 = 437 coins/block
Block 3001-4000 = 271 coins/block

POS: DPOS

Block 1-30000 = 14 coins/block
Block 30001-10000 = 7 coins/block
Block > 100001 = 3.5 coins/block

Wallets and source:

Source:
https://bitbucket.org/vaporcoin/vaporcoin

I see the algo there, and like Jim said, maybe those posts were just too aggressive, I've seen this with almost every single launch lately, it's just crazy to see the amount of fud on the Grav thread for example.
I mean if you guys don't like alts, then don't mine, don't look at them just go elsewhere.

minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 06:31:23 PM

I like all the last altcoins
I like all the viruses that I got from them
I like how some of their dev's entering in my email, exchanges accounts
I like how they stole my other coins /wallet.dat/
Why to not like them?

I see the algo there
That's great - 'the dev' know how to edit his posts

I LIKE ALTCOINS, BUT I HATE THE SHITTY ONE WITH ONLY PURPOSE TO SCAM

The most unsafe and bug-filled OS in existence shouldn't be mixed with crypto, it's just asking for trouble.
Anyway, my point was that this coin doesn't have a virus, so your post is still false.

Do you have any proof against this specific coin besides your allegations?

Starin

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 06:33:43 PM

Dude, please. Learn to differ a scam from a shitcoin. You can call Vapor a shitcoin and I can understand that. But a ninja launch without ICO and promises isn't a scam, never, ever will be.

Please look up the definition of scam, you are practically spreading lies about a fact.

Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:34:00 PM

these wallet-stealer coins are really destroying bitcointalk, they are a true cancer
minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 06:40:32 PM

these wallet-stealer coins are really destroying bitcointalk, they are a true cancer

True, but this isn't one of those.

minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 06:41:19 PM

Dude, please. Learn to differ a scam from a shitcoin. You can call Vapor a shitcoin and I can understand that. But a ninja launch without ICO and promises isn't a scam, never, ever will be.

Please look up the definition of scam, you are practically spreading lies about a fact.

^^^^^^^^

Starin

Activity: 266

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 07:01:25 PM

The hashrate on the coin when the first pool launched was no more than 1 TH/s. Anyone could have downloaded the wallet and started mining. Even though that doesn't make this a scam since there is no promises involved. I understand your frustration, I myself lost money to scams, but that isn't the right way.

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:04:26 PM

I like all the last altcoins

Fair enough.

I like all the viruses that I got from them

Greedy are we to try and get instamine blocks and installing a wallet before doing due diligence.

I like how some of their dev's entering in my email, exchanges accounts

Forgot to add 2FA on those and choose a 12+ character with alphanumeric uppercase and special chars?

I like how they stole my other coins /wallet.dat/

See 2 above.

Why to not like them?

The scene is a 90% scam that provides innovation that will form the basis of a digital economic future.

I see the algo there
That's great - 'the dev' know how to edit his posts

I LIKE ALTCOINS, BUT I HATE THE SHITTY ONE WITH ONLY PURPOSE TO SCAM

Dont we all.
Olegcho (OP)

Activity: 459

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:06:12 PM

Dont we all.

DOESN'T LOOKS LIKE  Wink
only because you guys keep supporting this shit
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:08:44 PM

^^^^^^^^

scam: a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people;
         a stratagem for gain; a swindle;
         a fraudulent business scheme; a swindle;

The 'dev' released his shit without share what algo is
The source was zipped at mega
all the posts were deleted (EVEN FROM POOL OPERATORS)
Wasn't that instamined?

No i don't have proof for virus - for that i wrote 'maybe' in my posts

Did you read what was in that posts? I feel ashamed about some of them. Wont you also delete 2 pages of posts that accuse you of virus and scamming without proof? No-one knows what the future holds for this dev and if he is committed and legit and maybe he does turn out to be a scammer but at the time of launch there was no concrete evidence about that. I think what happened here was like someone got hurt and upset and takes it out on the first person he sees.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:13:32 PM

Dont we all.

DOESN'T LOOKS LIKE  Wink
only because you guys keep supporting this shit

Lately Iv been following some coins with low key launches. It seems to be a way for the small players to have a feast and by the time the big guns get sniff of it the small guys already had a bite of the distribution. I am watching those to see what will happen with them going forward.
Olegcho (OP)

Activity: 459

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:17:00 PM

maybe you guys are right.... I edited the topic
for me this stays scam
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:03:32 PM

maybe you guys are right.... I edited the topic
for me this stays scam

Probably is but that is up to the dev. If he is sincere, committed and innovative he can make something nice, otherwise it will end up on the RIP heap.
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 10:24:34 AM

The whole reason behind the recent upswing in coin releases designed to infect your machines is that the chance to make money premining and releasing serial shitcoins is over.

In 2014 you could release a coin with a different theme and slightly changed block reward and an exchange could pick it up, then you could dump your premine, lather, rinse, repeat. Then you had to put in more work making your coin look legit, and continue developing it as an actual legit coin if the community/market took it favourably, or dump your instamine/premine if it didn't.

Now it's hard for devs to add any marginal value to the space without creating a coin that doesn't do something specifically different, which takes a LOT of work. It's that much harder to give a new coin any new value in the marketplace. So from a shitdev's perspective, it's easier to ninja launch a clonecoin with very little info that everyone thinks "might be the next Crave", attach a trojan to it, and attempt to get at the coins on users' wallets that DO have value.

In the case of vaporcoin, I think there was a coin called vapor launched at some point last year that was DOA but I can't find the ANN thread. There were a lot of post deletions by the dev-- FUD or not, a dev should be aware of the environment of distrust that exists right now due to Draculacoin and address rather than ignore. And with no working source on launch or attempt to prove wallets are clean (how hard is it to post a hash and virustotal link in your OP?!?) I think any of the U part of FUD, uncertainty, is justified.

Even though Yobit will add goddamn any coin before it hits block 300 it doesn't necessarily mean you instamined a sleeper hit that's gonna make you rich let alone break you even. In the current environment you should be very judicious about what you mine and what you pass on.

twitter.com/notsofast
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: