Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 12:20:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your thoughts on Mr. Robot?  (Read 940 times)
Pro_Crypto_Marty (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Bitcoin promoter. Pro Crypto tee wearer. Nice guy.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 02:08:16 AM

Just saw the pilot. Can't wait for the series to get going.

What did you guys think? Does it accurately depict the world of hackers and network security today?

And what do you think about the main character's desire to fight for people's right to freedom and privacy, while himself spying on those close to him and influencing their lives with the information he gathers? Is this a common trait in the hacking community? Would you say that breach of privacy up to a certain level can be justifiable, depending on the circumstances? Or is this behavior as morally reprehensible as the bigwigs up top who would try to control our lives?

We are Pro Crypto. We make clothes that promote Bitcoin. Visit us at http://procrypto.net!
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also become an affiliate and make some money by advertising for us!
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:12:43 AM

I liked it. I was very surprised to hear them go relatively into depth (for tv at least) about tor and exit nodes etc. I think people on here will definitely dig it. Hopefully they might mention bitcoin in there at some point and I'm surprised they didn't mention it already or that he didn't buy his drugs off the darknet. I can't tell you how well it depicts hackers as I'm not one or involved with that sort of stuff but I'm sure they made it more sexy for TV but hackers are likely mostly just people sitting alone in their dingy flats looking at code and ddosing sites rather than living in cool abandoned arcades trying to take down corporations haha. I did find it a bit hypocritical of the character when he is quite clearly just snooping on a lot of people like his shrink and obvious love interest but there is hypocrisy in all of us and I think as the show progresses he will start to do more good with the info he finds. Looking forward to where the show goes.
Pro_Crypto_Marty (OP)

Activity: 88

Bitcoin promoter. Pro Crypto tee wearer. Nice guy.

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 12:40:47 AM

Careful what you say about hackers. They might be watching  Wink

I for one have no doubt that they are all very sexy, well-dressed, and have the coolest secret lairs.

Anyway, can't wait for the season to start.

We are Pro Crypto. We make clothes that promote Bitcoin. Visit us at http://procrypto.net!
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also become an affiliate and make some money by advertising for us!
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:48:47 PM

i think the crypto angle was really missing in the 1st Season
i hope they fix that in the next

check this
Mr Robot – Crypto without the currency (Op-Ed)
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115661/mr-robot-crypto-without-the-currency
 Wink
i m possible

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:30:25 PM

robot can make the human being work easy
beeng

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:51:53 PM

robot can make the human being work easy
Do you even watch the trailer?
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:15:49 PM

Incredible show that blew my f*cking mind!! Cant wait for season 2!
xompkins

Activity: 84

ANDROMEDA

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:40:37 PM

Oh my gosh! Everyone is talking about Mr.Robot and crazy about it.
I love hackers in certain ways ,but sometime I hate them. Its normal ,depend on is it ever punch us around.

I start to get confuse about the main message from this series ,because its keep circling and putting so much pro contra scene that can make issues.

But after all it was a hard and great movie ever. Its keep us think about what actually technology can eat people only just by a single click

Beware of Hackers  Kiss they might be laughing out there read out all of this posts Grin

#LYow
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: