Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:03:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World's first open source decentralized peer server side altcoin exchange.  (Read 1294 times)
marine4u (OP)

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:58:08 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2015, 11:29:44 PM by marine4u

MarineX

World's first open source decentralized peer server side exchange under development, just like a regular exchange except you are the boss. No more begging to exchanges  or hepelessly voting and have them decide which coin is good or bad

Easy step by step ubuntu server installation just like mining pool multiple markets along with Marinecoin MTC and a coin of your choosing can be the main market and traded with just about any crypto currency. PayPal & Payeer deposits for USD markets BTC LTC pairs you name it.

MarineX is Free for the first pair for trading then; not a payment but proof of open orders.
only a few hundred MTC in the MTC markets  will unlock the extra features then you can add BTC LTC USD markets and pair them with a coin of your choosing.

Source code will be available soon.
(attached screenshot represent the testing version without any design elements final product will be visually appealling)
Marinecoin DEV
http://marinecoin.org

More Progress

a screenshot during development
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:04:47 PM

OMG I can't believe MarineCoin is still around! I can't count how many times I would see it jumping thousands of percent in a single day on Coinmarketcap on a volume of about $30.

I see right now it is up 36% with a volume of $3 LOL

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:44:43 AM

OMG I can't believe MarineCoin is still around! I can't count how many times I would see it jumping thousands of percent in a single day on Coinmarketcap on a volume of about $30.

It's 100% premine and they are going to build floating cities Cheesy

But they also gave an explanation of what they are aiming for with their exchange, so they want to open source it and let people use it as is but being open source, you could mod it to use any other Coin as the base pair.

Worth taking a look at the sourcecode for it, probably not super legit but man they've been running marinecoin for a long time and haven't dumped all their Coins, quite amazing.
marine4u (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:28:13 AM

It's 100% premine and they are going to build floating cities Cheesy

But they also gave an explanation of what they are aiming for with their exchange, so they want to open source it and let people use it as is but being open source, you could mod it to use any other Coin as the base pair.

Worth taking a look at the sourcecode for it, probably not super legit but man they've been running marinecoin for a long time and haven't dumped all their Coins, quite amazing.

DEVs will theme their MarineX exchange as they like,

No modification needed to make a coin the base pair,
the exchange will have 2 base pairs, only one will be MTC, MTC will tag along with the other main coin that you choose.

The other base coin will be of your own choosing during initial setup. whatever pair is available to MTC will also be available to the main altcoin of the site, making mods on this kind of software cross pairing exchange is not wise to begin with it will mess up the sum of all balances and break the code in unknown ways and also if database pairing data is altered and MTC pairs removed they just pop back up re-creating the table rows and markets without any hint  or mention in the code of how and what just happened.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:26:23 AM

i like the idea of decentralized exchanges because i made a lot bad experience with centralized ones. the question is, if all that works like you are planning. currently, decentralized services in common have a latency time to execute actions which could be a problem for exchanges.
marine4u (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:50:44 AM

i like the idea of decentralized exchanges because i made a lot bad experience with centralized ones. the question is, if all that works like you are planning. currently, decentralized services in common have a latency time to execute actions which could be a problem for exchanges.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here this is an exchange in similar fashion to BTC-E or Cryptsy that runs on a server written in PHP, MYSQL that a newbie can setup in a matter of hours it will have step by step video instructions for succesful setup.

since there will many of them setup for each coin by community spreading the risk across many many exchanges. There will be first mover advantages gaining user trust.

Marinecoin DEV
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:28:17 AM

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here this is an exchange in similar fashion to BTC-E or Cryptsy that runs on a server written in PHP, MYSQL that a newbie can setup in a matter of hours it will have step by step video instructions for succesful setup.

since there will many of them setup for each coin by community spreading the risk across many many exchanges. There will be first mover advantages gaining user trust.

Marinecoin DEV

So you definition of decentralized exchange you are using here is 'multiple users running their own centralized exchanges'?

Maybe that was clear to others in the addition of 'peer server side' but didn't make sense to me.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:38:36 AM

Marinecoin DEV

So you definition of decentralized exchange you are using here is 'multiple users running their own centralized exchanges'?

Maybe that was clear to others in the addition of 'peer server side' but didn't make sense to me.

So how far along are you with all of this?

I don't think you can get away completely from centralization.
Trouble821

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:16:56 AM

How can it be decentralized if it uses Paypal for USD deposits for USD markets? Whose Paypal account is the money deposited to? What if someone does a chargeback, or the deposit account gets frozen because someone deposited using a stolen credit card?
marine4u (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:17:28 AM

Marinecoin DEV

So how far along are you with all of this?

I don't think you can get away completely from centralization.
pretty far, way beyond concept stage, you can register user, deposit coins, trade and withdraw among many markets. create new markets,

you can enter wallet details like rpc port min trade amount max withdraw amount and instantly see the new wallet appear dynamically generated among other existing wallets  in the users Balances area without any additional coding

deposits and withdraws activity are regulated by each wallets blockchain speed if a recent block is not found within a few hours the particular wallet deactivates temporarily until new blocks found, password and email update area is done,

Deposit and withdrawal records are kept for each user and final balance is signed to a table row after each transaction,
PayPal deposit is done but requires a paypal business account for automatic balance update after check out, I have configured Payeer payment option but have not tested it yet still waiting for Payeer to confirm my site.

integrated an ip detection code prevents browsing via proxy and session hijacking ends session if next viewed page is from a different ip address all password hashed 512sha

reduced attack area on the site overall, all inputs filtered and sanitized no dashes quote marks funyy characters etc as input , HTTPS SSL of-course,

charting system shows past 72 hours of price chart with volume, this week I will finish the user activity overview area, after that it is final design of the look and feel of the pages.

First live version of Marinex will start trading within 3 weeks on marinecoin.org Market section, next I will setup a few other exchange servers for some altcoins to further test before I can make it available to everyone.

Cheers
marine4u (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:21:15 AM

How can it be decentralized if it uses Paypal for USD deposits for USD markets? Whose Paypal account is the money deposited to? What if someone does a chargeback, or the deposit account gets frozen because someone deposited using a stolen credit card?

I KNOW, Paypal is an option and deposits with PAYPAL will be small amount and can be made available to users who have been trading for a long time and amount of deposit should be kept to a minimum it is there more for new people who are very new to crypto who want to jump right in with small amounts,

you can check out virwox.com model where a users Paypal deposit limit increases over time,

THat's why I will also be including Payeer as an alternative to Paypal.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:27:19 AM

Please do something about the color schemes... Just because of how it looks now, I am not even considering checking it out more than whats being placed in this thread.
marine4u (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:32:42 AM

Please do something about the color schemes... Just because of how it looks now, I am not even considering checking it out more than whats being placed in this thread.

Those colors are there for me to clearly to see each <div> box sections boundaries on html,  I use them as a design aid to adjust margin and padding in html code, final design will not look anything like that don't worry.
Trouble821

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:51:08 AM

I KNOW, Paypal is an option and deposits with PAYPAL will be small amount and can be made available to users who have been trading for a long time and amount of deposit should be kept to a minimum it is there more for new people who are very new to crypto who want to jump right in with small amounts,

you can check out virwox.com model where a users Paypal deposit limit increases over time,

The virwox.com model is definitely not decentralized. I cannot understand how any system including Paypal deposits can be described as decentralized.
marine4u (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:02:12 AM

The virwox.com model is definitely not decentralized. I cannot understand how any system including Paypal deposits can be described as decentralized.

I mentioned virwox in response to Paypal chargeback problem, decentralized as for Marinex it is not decentralized like a blockchain but it is more decentralized than the current fashion where all available coins of a particular altcoin sitting on a wallet that belongs to a handful of exchanges, by Marinex the available coins on the market for sale will be distributed among many exchanges, however it is not less decentralized then mining pools where the entire backbone of a coin relies on, pool operators can put Marinex in pool.com/exchange folder and help increase the decentralization of trading crypto currencies.
Braino

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

IRONX - Fully regulated World-Class Exchange

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:18:40 AM

The use of the word "decentralized" is a little misleading but this is still an interesting project.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 02:16:53 AM

The use of the word "decentralized" is a little misleading but this is still an interesting project.

I agree. There are other competitors, some that will really be decentralized but this is very interesting.

To me they key word is "Trustless". I don't actually care if it is decentralized or centralized as long as I don't have to trust it. It's just that decentralization often helps make it Trustless. It isn't always required though and sometimes might slow things down.

marine4u (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:47:53 PM

I agree. There are other competitors, some that will really be decentralized but this is very interesting.

To me they key word is "Trustless". I don't actually care if it is decentralized or centralized as long as I don't have to trust it. It's just that decentralization often helps make it Trustless. It isn't always required though and sometimes might slow things down.

I have updated the mainpage demo layout image on the first post for Marinex now its more visually pleasing but still it is not the final design,

Added a new feature with 588 altcoin icons in an image folder once a new market is created the logo of the particular coin if it exist will be displayed automatically like so, also added a javascript order preview calculator to input boxes with backward calculating capability

588 coins supported by default for logo display, can also be manually added if it is not on file.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:47:19 AM

Actually looks really good, if you opensource it then you would have more people adding to it as well and many people would use it stock. You would have many exchanges trading MarineCoin atleast for the privilege of having an opensource exchange that's easy to use and that people can poke around in the sourcecode.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: