Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 09:33:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: graphical predictions of the next three years  (Read 2233 times)
eerygarden (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:46:25 PM

So, I thought it might be fun if people shared their predictions of how they think the price will move over the next three years in a graphical format. You can take the image below and open it in paint or whatever and add your squiggly line to the end of it.

You can add your thoughts along with your image as well if you like, but it's not mandatory. I think it might be interesting to see what kind of action people are expecting to see if there is any trend in expectations.http://imgur.com/1f1sD5F

Here is my prediction, but I don't have much in the way of technical analysis. I am just a newbie and this is my instinct's best guess.
http://imgur.com/GZeZhjM

EDIT: Well that's no good. I guess newbies can't post images. I've left the links there, maybe someone could repost the images so that they can be displayed in the post below. *tuts
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1008

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:53:20 PM

So, I thought it might be fun if people shared their predictions of how they think the price will move over the next three years in a graphical format. You can take the image below and open it in paint or whatever and add your squiggly line to the end of it.

You can add your thoughts along with your image as well if you like, but it's not mandatory. I think it might be interesting to see what kind of action people are expecting to see if there is any trend in expectations.http://imgur.com/1f1sD5F

Here is my prediction, but I don't have much in the way of technical analysis. I am just a newbie and this is my instinct's best guess.

EDIT: Well that's no good. I guess newbies can't post images. I've left the links there, maybe someone could repost the images so that they can be displayed in the post below. *tuts

Look up logarithmic scale
eerygarden (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:51:29 AM

I watched an 11 minute youtube video lesson on that. I can't say that it was time well spent. Do you care to elaborate?
Jamacn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:32:55 AM

purple-line is crazy!
i think the green-line is more practical
eerygarden (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 01:13:43 PM

If mass adoption were to happen (I know that's a big if) the purple line would not seem so crazy.

The green line suggests the 2013 bubble was right and everything else was wrong. I don't think that's likely. I predict this boat will be rocked a fair few times yet with a series of bubbles and busts.

Of course it could just crash, but it's being sold as a life changing technology.
AlgoSwan

Activity: 308

ancap

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 01:44:42 PM

Check this out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1080192.0

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:54:59 PM

Unlikely we will hover around the $200 mark for two more years...

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:08:50 PM

Unlikely we will hover around the $200 mark for two more years...

why two more years? random guessing? or you think that the halving will bring the so much wanted rise of the price later

i believe that there will be a spike(or more than one) before the halving, no necessarely a new ATH, but just a damn serious increase in the price
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:37:04 PM

Just say, I think Bitcoin will rise massively in the future, not in the near future, otherwise I will be proven wrong in the near future, but later, when you will have forgotten that I made this prediction.

I base this guess on nothing, but have drawn some straight lines on a chart to make you think that some serious analysis has gone into it.

P.S. I hope you are right
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:30:39 PM

Graphical predictions should be at least graphical...

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
eerygarden (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:41:28 PM

Graphical predictions should be at least graphical...

The moon is much higher than that Smiley
eerygarden (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:44:35 PM

Just say, I think Bitcoin will rise massively in the future, not in the near future, otherwise I will be proven wrong in the near future, but later, when you will have forgotten that I made this prediction.

I base this guess on nothing, but have drawn some straight lines on a chart to make you think that some serious analysis has gone into it.

I bloody love straight lines. Share your chart Smiley
ammy009

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 09:03:21 AM

My prediction --

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:50:47 AM

If funny how everyone expect will rise, but not in near future, but far future. It ca raise any moment. next month, next week or tomorrow.
eerygarden (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:11:40 PM

If funny how everyone expect will rise, but not in near future, but far future. It ca raise any moment. next month, next week or tomorrow.

What type of thing do you think needs to happen for a new spike? Some technological development? Some event like 10% of all currencys deducted from everybody's bank accounts to assist with austerity like they did in Cyprus? Some sharks decide to manipulate the market on a whim? Or do you think it might just happen out of the blue?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:18:19 PM

What type of thing do you think needs to happen for a new spike? Some technological development? Some event like 10% of all currencys deducted from everybody's bank accounts to assist with austerity like they did in Cyprus? Some sharks decide to manipulate the market on a whim? Or do you think it might just happen out of the blue?

more than one thing need to happen at this point, for rising the bitcoin price, you simply need something that could trigger the up trend, and reverse the current situation

many are talking about a distant future because, those last good news can't makes the price skyrocket over night, they will only bring a natural growth, if you want the price to shift now and start skyrocketing you need willy 2.0
farting_shot

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:23:22 PM

No China, No Going To The Moon.
eerygarden (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:24:14 PM

My prediction --

Thanks for sharing. It's not too dissimilar to my prediction.
eerygarden (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:29:57 PM

more than one thing need to happen at this point, for rising the bitcoin price, you simply need something that could trigger the up trend, and reverse the current situation
such as?

many are talking about a distant future because, those last good news can't makes the price skyrocket over night, they will only bring a natural growth, if you want the price to shift now and start skyrocketing you need willy 2.0
I wouldn't say that I want it go sky rocket. Perhaps I do, I dunno, but I'm just speculating for fun.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:30:56 PM

$5k
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: