Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:53:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 1888 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 04:11:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

I know what game I'm looking forward to this year now and yes, this is real.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 04:26:34 PM

Actually I know that it was coming. There was a countdown however some didn't think it was real.
I only played Fallout 3 and I'm not even sure if I have ever finished it, however the game left an impact on me. This is great news, it will probably generate a lot of hype. Hype that we rarely see, like when Skyrim was being released (or in recent terms GTA V for PC).
However we are also going to come across a lot of people complaining about the graphics. Ignorant fools.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 05:00:16 PM

I WANT IT NOW!!!! PLEASE! Ill pay 200 USD!  Cheesy

newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:16:16 PM

I fucking love the Fallout series, to this day I still play the first two games even though the graphics are a bit dated.
In some ways I prefer the early isometric view than 1st person, Wasteland 2 is also worth a glance if you're into your post apocalyptic shennanigans.

"War.....war never changes."
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 07:17:20 PM

if it makes the game engine more stable compared to before I don't care about the graphics too much, the story and gameplay is what makes a great game, does anyone know if there's going to be a release date yet? Tongue
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 07:19:43 PM

LOL! YOU GUYS!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32996003

Even the BBC posted this as news! Cheesy
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:21:33 PM

I've been waiting for the announcement for a very long time. I liked the look of the trailer looks like there is a lot of detail and improvements made throughout. Hopefully, they'll have them certain side quests with interesting decisions or findings.

Graphics literally doesn't mean anything to me when you mention a Fallout game. It truly is the content with Fallout. There's not much games which can compete with the franchise. I'm really hoping they stick with the bleakness that Fallout 3 provided and the wacky content New Vegas had.

I've been playing the shit out of Tales of Two Wastelands which combines both the Fallout 3 wasteland and the New vegas one which you can travel between in the metro stations. Although, it's not really lore friendly due to when the games take place but, it's still the best mod I've played. Hopefully, the team will take on the new fallout and combine it with the current mod, that would be pretty cool.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 07:24:48 PM

Bethesda and dare I say Obsidian did a fantastic job with the recent Fallout games, I think I must have played Fallout: New Vegas the most, the reason being was because of the fucking endings, not only did they have multiple ones, but they were meaningful and they actually bothered to explain what happened after you won the game. Most games developers just roll the credits after you win and go hurr durr give me more money which utterly ruins the story, the reason so many games developers fail is because they're focused on all the wrong things, it's either micro-transaction bullshit or pretty graphics, niether of which make a fun game.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:26:10 PM

One thing I do hope that they take from the previous games is the speech check in Fallout 3, rather than the one from New Vegas. I always liked to be not 100% sure it's going to work, rather than meeting a requirement as in New Vegas. (I know this is controversial through the Fallout community)

I liked the endings on both games and I'm not sure which one I preferred. I believe I've finished the game with every single ending.

...Just got to wait for the release date announcement now.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 05:00:47 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 05:23:11 AM by Lethn

That's always the most annoying thing for me, the last thing you want is to have the outcome of your game rely on a fucking number, sure, that might suit you if you're ridiculously into D&D style RPGs but I'm pretty sure not everybody is going to be happy with that.

I'll tell you why, for me if a game has something at 99% chance, I will inevitably fail and it's all due to luck, my favourite one is when I'm attacking an enemy point blank and it's 95% or so then all of a sudden there's a "miss" and the character ends up getting killed, despite the enemy only having a 30% or so chance to hit.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:34:16 AM

So, the Amazon pre-order states that it will be released on December 31st.   Is that just a placeholder until the announcement on an actual date is made?    Any speculation on release dates?

xmaxbit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:41:34 AM

I gave it A LOOK and I was pleased to see it. Its good remake and comparison of the older scenes and new era   stuffs.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 05:46:06 AM

So, the Amazon pre-order states that it will be released on December 31st.   Is that just a placeholder until the announcement on an actual date is made?    Any speculation on release dates?

i guess a placeholder. hopefully there will be a collectors edition too.

LabKitty

Activity: 178

(ノಠ ∩ಠ)ノ彡B

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:50:03 AM

Time to pirate this, when it comes out Smiley

Defenly will support the game developers, once I get rich.

Drool.
Casey89

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:44:00 AM

Cool trailer. I will wait for the game.

Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 08:21:40 AM

just so you know, retailers always lie when it comes to the release dates for games unless there's solid information, they often don't know anything about when a game is coming out especially this early on.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:24:43 AM

That's always the most annoying thing for me, the last thing you want is to have the outcome of your game rely on a fucking number, sure, that might suit you if you're ridiculously into D&D style RPGs but I'm pretty sure not everybody is going to be happy with that.

I'll tell you why, for me if a game has something at 99% chance, I will inevitably fail and it's all due to luck, my favourite one is when I'm attacking an enemy point blank and it's 95% or so then all of a sudden there's a "miss" and the character ends up getting killed, despite the enemy only having a 30% or so chance to hit.

Haha, I've always liked the chance based system. No matter how good you are at the speech skill you can still fail, which I feel is more realistic. Because, not everyone is going to fall for your attempted manipulation. I don't know I just liked it far more than the requirement. As for the chance to hit I never really play with vats I did through my first play through and a little throughout some of the play through when I got into a bit of trouble, usually deathclaws. I find it takes the edge off the game I don't know that's just me, it seems like I enjoy the parts that other people don't. Cheesy However, I don't want to see the vats system go, it's one of the things that make fallout, Fallout and it's cool to see some limbs fly off in slow motion now and again.

If Fallout 4 and Mount and Blade Bannerlord come out in 2016 it's going to be a good year for gaming, although this year has been pretty decent so far.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:57:14 AM

War,war never changes
Well, there's no way my pc can handle this game, haven't upgrade my pc since 2010 Sad
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 10:26:00 AM

War,war never changes
Well, there's no way my pc can handle this game, haven't upgrade my pc since 2010 Sad

yeah, but for THIS game i will upgrade  Smiley !

(note: Deux Ex will be released next year too - wohooo!)

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 10:27:24 AM

Haha, I've always liked the chance based system. No matter how good you are at the speech skill you can still fail, which I feel is more realistic. Because, not everyone is going to fall for your attempted manipulation. I don't know I just liked it far more than the requirement. As for the chance to hit I never really play with vats I did through my first play through and a little throughout some of the play through when I got into a bit of trouble, usually deathclaws. I find it takes the edge off the game I don't know that's just me, it seems like I enjoy the parts that other people don't. Cheesy However, I don't want to see the vats system go, it's one of the things that make fallout, Fallout and it's cool to see some limbs fly off in slow motion now and again.

If Fallout 4 and Mount and Blade Bannerlord come out in 2016 it's going to be a good year for gaming, although this year has been pretty decent so far.

of course not! i dont want a fucking dumb shooter ala call of shit  Undecided  Cry

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: