Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:23:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NANAS] BananaBits - Home of the 1-Click Masternode! Scrypt NINJA  (Read 38080 times)
AngelLox

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 04:59:29 PM

Can someone explain me what is a masterenode (aka BananaTree?) and why would i want it?
Also will it eat up resources or is it just like staking?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:19:41 PM

Can someone explain me what is a masterenode (aka BananaTree?) and why would i want it?

Whenever someone stakes, if you have a masternode, a masternode is selected from all the masternodes and that masternode gets half the reward. Since there are less people with a masternode, you will get rewarded more often.
One of the extra resources that you will be using  when your masternode is selected for a block is your cpu, which will do a procedure to the block data called coin mixing. The amount of the CPU use is minute. Probably will take your CPU less than a microsecond to do the calculations. Also, from time to time, your masternode may announce to the network it is still there by sending out a ping, which again uses minimal recources. Also, you still have the 5000 coins you reserve for the masternode and can opt to get out at anytime.
Also note, that in order for the masternode to be effective, you do have to run your wallet at all times and keep an internet connection. Unlike staking, you do not get weight by going offline and returning at a later time. Right now my wallet is using less than 1% of my CPU resources and only a little over 90k of ram.
HammyCoin

Activity: 363

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:33:04 PM

Whenever someone stakes, if you have a masternode, a masternode is selected from all the masternodes and that masternode gets half the reward. Since there are less people with a masternode, you will get rewarded more often.
One of the extra resources that you will be using  when your masternode is selected for a block is your cpu, which will do a procedure to the block data called coin mixing. The amount of the CPU use is minute. Probably will take your CPU less than a microsecond to do the calculations. Also, from time to time, your masternode may announce to the network it is still there by sending out a ping, which again uses minimal recources. Also, you still have the 5000 coins you reserve for the masternode and can opt to get out at anytime.
Also note, that in order for the masternode to be effective, you do have to run your wallet at all times and keep an internet connection. Unlike staking, you do not get weight by going offline and returning at a later time. Right now my wallet is using less than 1% of my CPU resources and only a little over 90k of ram.

This coin is DPOS so you don't really build weight, the weight of all mature coins = 1. If you are staking you need to run your wallet 24/7 to get your full share of rewards.
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:42:09 PM

How Long does it take to get some Nanas after starting Node? Under My banana tree status it is blank...
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:49:05 PM

How Long does it take to get some Nanas after starting Node? Under My banana tree status it is blank...

In the past 12 hours, I hit on average about 2 an hour. However, my last hit took almost an hour and half and that was almost an hour ago. Could be bad luck on my part. But since I think the number of masternodes is not accurate in the wallet, there is no way of knowing what the estimated time is at the moment. (My wallet only lists 5 masternodes right now. But it must be more than that, or I would be extremely unlucky. Like several standard deviations below the mean unlucky.)

Edit :Per the blockexplorer, only 37 addresses have 5000 coins or more. So that would be the maximum number. Which confirms that my node has been unlucky as of late. 2 blocks per hour would be the most conservative guess.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 06:01:05 PM

This coin is DPOS so you don't really build weight, the weight of all mature coins = 1. If you are staking you need to run your wallet 24/7 to get your full share of rewards.

Thanks for the correction. You caught me improvising just so I can look smart. LOL
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 06:09:20 PM

Many happy nana trees

AngelLox

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:07:33 PM

I'm running an rpi2 with 3 wallets already, guess a fourth one doesn't make much difference. Though if setting up a masternode is so easy won't more people have one?
BananaBits (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:14:29 PM

You should notice that the Banana Tree list is more consistent on the network now Cheesy
AngelLox

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:33:18 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2015, 07:53:27 PM by AngelLox

Preferred block sizes? Or is it automated?
What about the 5000 coins reserved for masternode? Are they staking ?
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:53:28 PM

My client look to be staking, (I know use the new one).  What is the difference?  I tried the new client and nothing from my tree.  Went back to the old client, the staking light comes on and 22 nanas coming in regularly.

sgtstedanko

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Hai!

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:13:57 PM

No working download link to the wallet???
BananaBits (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:15:53 PM

I was updating the links.  They are now updated for v1.1.2.
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:24:57 PM

What changed from 1.1?
BananaBits (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:25:51 PM

What changed from 1.1?
Improved Banana Tree list synchronization across the network.
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:33:35 PM

What changed from 1.1?
Improved Banana Tree list synchronization across the network.

OK, thanks. Updating now, hope not to be sent to the back of the MN queue while updating.
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 08:47:47 PM

The other problem of only getting 1 stake/hour on masternodes is that too many people have them, so it becomes less likely to stake, and actually normal staking becomes more profitable.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money