Bitcoin Forum
July 26, 2024, 11:29:54 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One bitcoin address per transaction? How?  (Read 588 times)
lasagna (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:31:02 AM

Seems like privacy-minded people recommend using 1 bitcoin address per transaction and not reusing the same address twice.
What bitcoin wallets offer that functionality? I'm using Electrum and I don't see how I can send from a different address than the address that received the funds. I hope the solution is not using Bitcoin Core or Armory because I don't have 40GB of free space to store the whole blockchain.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1471

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:48:01 AM

Seems like privacy-minded people recommend using 1 bitcoin address per transaction and not reusing the same address twice.
What bitcoin wallets offer that functionality? I'm using Electrum and I don't see how I can send from a different address than the address that received the funds. I hope the solution is not using Bitcoin Core or Armory because I don't have 40GB of free space to store the whole blockchain.

One bitcoin address per transaction means it's recommended to use a new BTC address every time you will receive a transaction. Of course it doesn't mean sending from a different address than the one you used to receive. You certainly need to spend the same inputs you previously received.

Just use a new address for every receiving transaction and you'll be fine. Normally you can just use the send feature normally, although you may choose which address to spend from.
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 10719

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:09:56 AM

in Electrum, every time you send bitcoin from one of your addresses it automatically goes under "Used" category and after that electrum will automatically create a new address for you that you can use.

this way you have the option to use every address just once.

█████████████████████████
████████▀▀████▀▀█▀▀██████
█████▀████▄▄▄▄████████
███▀███▄███████████████
██▀█████████████████████
██▄███████████████▀▀▄▄███
███▄███▀████████▀███▄████
█████▄████▀▀▀▀████▄██████
████████▄▄████▄▄█████████

BitList 
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REAL-TIME DATA TRACKING
CURATED BY THE COMMUNITY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█

List #kycfree Websites   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: