Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:40:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core multisig adresses  (Read 1859 times)
RappelzReborn (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:42:08 AM

I know that we can create Multi signature adresses using Bitcoin Core but using commands on the console if I remember right , forgot what are the Commands but dosen't matter I can get them again ... However I want to know why when they console gives me back the adresses of Multisig that starts with "3" it dosen't get added to "Receiving Adresses" ? Shocked

Basically I should keep that adress somewhere ? and if I give it to someone is he going to be able to send me BTC or not ? all I have to do is keep it on a .txt file , give it to people and I will receive in my wallet just that simple ? cause it looks kinda weird whenI don't have it on my receiving adresses and i was wondering ... gracias amigos  Kiss

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 09:36:45 AM

I know that we can create Multi signature adresses using Bitcoin Core but using commands on the console if I remember right , forgot what are the Commands but dosen't matter I can get them again ... However I want to know why when they console gives me back the adresses of Multisig that starts with "3" it dosen't get added to "Receiving Adresses" ? Shocked

Mutlisig addresses start with 3 and no, it won't get added to 'Receiving Addresses'.

Basically I should keep that adress somewhere ?

You should save redeem script somewhere safe.

and if I give it to someone is he going to be able to send me BTC or not ?

Send him address starting with 3 you got and he will be able to send you BTC. Whether he/she sends BTC to you will depend on him/her. I can't answer that.

all I have to do is keep it on a .txt file , give it to people and I will receive in my wallet just that simple ?

You will have to save redeem script not only the address just like you save private key.

cause it looks kinda weird whenI don't have it on my receiving adresses and i was wondering ... gracias amigos  Kiss

Bienvenido!

RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:04:11 AM

Mutlisig addresses start with 3 and no, it won't get added to 'Receiving Addresses'.

Basically I should keep that adress somewhere ?

You should save redeem script somewhere safe.

and if I give it to someone is he going to be able to send me BTC or not ?

Send him address starting with 3 you got and he will be able to send you BTC. Whether he/she sends BTC to you will depend on him/her. I can't answer that.

all I have to do is keep it on a .txt file , give it to people and I will receive in my wallet just that simple ?

You will have to save redeem script not only the address just like you save private key.

cause it looks kinda weird whenI don't have it on my receiving adresses and i was wondering ... gracias amigos  Kiss

Bienvenido!

I understood basically all of what you just said , only the "redeem script" that you just mentioned , what's that ??
I don't think I need to save it so I'am able to receive BTC right ? I need to save it just to not lose my BItcoin adress if I understood right ?

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 11:35:39 AM

I understood basically all of what you just said , only the "redeem script" that you just mentioned , what's that ??

https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-guide#p2sh-scripts

I don't think I need to save it so I'am able to receive BTC right ? I need to save it just to not lose my BItcoin adress if I understood right ?

You need to save it to *spend* BTC from the address you create.

See

• https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-examples#p2sh-multisig
 • https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-guide#escrow-and-arbitration
 • https://bitcoin.org/en/glossary/redeem-script
 • http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/22471

CMIIW.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 11:42:02 AM

you dont own the multi sig address

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 11:45:15 AM

you dont own the multi sig address

Can you please explain further what you meant? Thank you!

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 04:51:50 AM

I was able to add my multisig address on core with the watch-only feature. Obviously you still have to create a raw tx to spend, but at least you can see it in your wallet and have it in your receiving addresses.

RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 05:59:21 AM

I was able to add my multisig address on core with the watch-only feature. Obviously you still have to create a raw tx to spend, but at least you can see it in your wallet and have it in your receiving addresses.

Nice , good job .
Mind telling us how you did that , I'am really interessted on that thing .

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 12:45:54 PM

Just add it as a watch only address. importaddress in your debug console. Type help in your console and look for the importaddress entry.

Code:
importaddress 3xy1fGmcTrropzz34acB6vuYn23 label

RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:52:33 PM

Just add it as a watch only address. importaddress in your debug console. Type help in your console and look for the importaddress entry.

Code:
importaddress 3xy1fGmcTrropzz34acB6vuYn23 label

Makes sense when you explain it that easy , feel dumb . thanks  Kiss
Closing the topic right now

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: