Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:28:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: jl777 is Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 3903 times)
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:11:48 AM

Er, no, he's not. Really, you can probably trust me on this........

But jl777 also isn't a shill for the 1%, he has a genuine commitment to the ideals of crypto-currency, even when those ideals could get in the way of a quick buck or an easier life. Check out his contributions to the current debate within Nxt about potential illegal listings ( a la Silk Road) on the Nxt Marketplace:
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/how-to-filter-out-drugs-on-my-local-copy-of-the-marketplace/msg182339/#msg182339

I trust the guy, mostly. He seems genuine and competent. Of course, he could still break bad at any moment, but so could anyone......

This is what I mean by "having NXT by the balls"...
JL delivers maybe 5% of what was promised after one year...
And everyone sucks his dick because this anon person is "genuine" = Stockholm Syndrome.

I really love NXT, it's origins and history...
And everything it MEANS as a potential counterweight to Wall Street and Hollywood and Govt.

It's truly breathtaking to watch the core NXT Devs deliver feature after feature like clockwork...
Maybe 20 new versions since I bought my first NXT 10 months ago...
As a software engineer in a past life, the robustness of such a complex system is mind-blowing...
I really can't recall a problem after 1000s of trades and transfers and using the API.

Compare that to what SuperNET and nxtVenture has delivered after raising millions $$$$$$$$$ in BTC...
Basically MGW (6 distributed servers) and the copy/paste BTCD wallet released in mid-2014 with zero upgrades since...
And they still keep passing the hat around... after having sucked 90% of the oxygen out of NXT.

And now making noises about "burning through cash", etc = Exit Strategy. 

Hey, FOR THE SAKE OF NXT...
I really want the guy to deliver and hope I'm being paranoid...
But I have DEFINITELY seen this exact, precise movie before...
Right down to the "just a C programmer" jive... and "I don't care about money" hokum.

Just deliver production software, baby... someone has to say it  Smiley
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:16:24 AM

But jl777 also isn't a shill for the 1%, he has a genuine commitment to the ideals of crypto-currency, even when those ideals could get in the way of a quick buck or an easier life. Check out his contributions to the current debate within Nxt about potential illegal listings ( a la Silk Road) on the Nxt Marketplace:
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/how-to-filter-out-drugs-on-my-local-copy-of-the-marketplace/msg182339/#msg182339

I trust the guy, mostly. He seems genuine and competent. Of course, he could still break bad at any moment, but so could anyone......

And everyone sucks his dick because this anon person is "genuine" = Stockholm Syndrome.

And everything it MEANS as a potential counterweight to Wall Street and Hollywood and Govt.

It's truly breathtaking to watch the core NXT Devs deliver feature after feature like clockwork...
As a software engineer in a past life, the robustness of such a complex system is mind-blowing...
I really can't recall a problem after 1000s of trades and transfers and using the API.

Compare that to what SuperNET and nxtVenture has delivered after raising millions $$$$$$$$$ in BTC...
Basically MGW (6 distributed servers) and the copy/paste BTCD wallet released in mid-2014 with zero upgrades since...
And they still keep passing the hat around... after having sucked 90% of the oxygen out of NXT.

Right down to the "just a C programmer" jive... and "I don't care about money" hokum.

SuperNET and nxtVenture are more financial animals than tech, the one everyone is waiting for is InstantDEX, and afaik it's basically finished and has been in testing mode for a couple of weeks. The production software is close baby ...

The problem for jl777 seems to be finding other coders up to the task, so he's ended up doing a lot of work himself. I can remember he was offering bounties to code projects but didn't get many applicants, so jl777's doing more of the work than he probably wanted to. It's like jl777 is building a house, and he's laying the cement slab, doing the carpentry, roofing, plumbing, electricals himself, then doing the interior design & painting. A lot of the work seems to be almost finished and to 'lock up' stage. When someones building a house everything gets built at the same time, everything is integrated. You don't build the toilet, then the kitchen, then the bedrooms - that would be ridiculous. You lay the slab, then build the basic frame, then the walls, then put a roof on. Then all the interior rooms and fittings are completed at the same time. Everything is being constructed at the same time, nothing is 100% completed until the END. I'm not a software coder myself, but it makes sense for me that things like ramchains and tradebots need to be made before instantDEX will work properly, but jl777 releasing ramchains or tradebots now would be like a builder 'releasing' the toilet in a house without walls or a roof. You can't use the toilet until the basic house is completed, and we wont be able to use InstantDEX until a lot of other compnents are completed either.

I think it's easy to under estimate the scope of jl777's vision.
TheMystic

Activity: 171
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:34:29 AM

SuperNET and nxtVenture are more financial animals than tech, the one everyone is waiting for is InstantDEX, and afaik it's basically finished and has been in testing mode for a couple of weeks. The production software is close baby ...

The problem for jl777 seems to be finding other coders up to the task, so he's ended up doing a lot of work himself. I can remember he was offering bounties to code projects but didn't get many applicants, so jl777's doing more of the work than he probably wanted to. It's like jl777 is building a house, and he's laying the cement slab, doing the carpentry, roofing, plumbing, electricals himself, then doing the interior design & painting. A lot of the work seems to be almost finished and to 'lock up' stage. When someones building a house everything gets built at the same time, everything is integrated. You don't build the toilet, then the kitchen, then the bedrooms - that would be ridiculous. You lay the slab, then build the basic frame, then the walls, then put a roof on. Then all the interior rooms and fittings are completed at the same time. Everything is being constructed at the same time, nothing is 100% completed until the END. I'm not a software coder myself, but it makes sense for me that things like ramchains and tradebots need to be made before instantDEX will work properly, but jl777 releasing ramchains or tradebots now would be like a builder 'releasing' the toilet in a house without walls or a roof. You can't use the toilet until the basic house is completed, and we wont be able to use InstantDEX until a lot of other compnents are completed either.

I think it's easy to under estimate the scope of jl777's vision.

Either that, or he's bit off more than he can chew.

► ClipX ◄ ♦ The World’s first Blockchain E-Learning Platform ♦ ► ClipX ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Youtube◂ | ▸Whitepaper
BTCDDev

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:08:48 PM

BTCD wallet released in mid-2014 with zero upgrades since...

Except for the BitcoinDark repo with 4,040 commits.

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:41:49 PM

BTCD wallet released in mid-2014 with zero upgrades since...

Except for the BitcoinDark repo with 4,040 commits.

That could be looked at two ways. One could say "Wow! Over four thousand commits. He's been really working hard." Or one could say "Really? Over four thousand commits and nothing to show for it?"

I know that some people judge a developer partly by his activity, but activity without results is no better than zero activity. I agree with @TheMystic. Maybe he has bit off more than he can chew.

freakying99

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:12:37 AM

If that's the case then my father is Kermit the frog.
TheMystic

Activity: 171
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:08:42 PM

If that's the case then my father is Kermit the frog.

Really? Can I have his autograph?

► ClipX ◄ ♦ The World’s first Blockchain E-Learning Platform ♦ ► ClipX ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Youtube◂ | ▸Whitepaper
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:59:46 AM

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: