Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:22:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone knows Bitcoin Arbitrage?  (Read 4713 times)
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:06:31 PM

Its simple, if you see opportunity, you buy altcoin on one exchange at lower
price and sell on other exchange at higher price.

But is really hard to catch profitable arbitrage opportunity, because exchange fees

Calculating the fees is not such a big problem. Problem is the time, that the btc transfer takes. So you'd need many coins on many exchanges to catch all the opportunities.

Bingo. Usually, the arbitrage opportunities are such small margin that the time-risk aspect is too great. It can be done, if you manage risk effectively, but if you can do that, you're probably just better off trading IMO.
arunka71

Activity: 410
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:08:36 PM

If you have the infrastructure to move FIAT (from one country to country), there might be great opportunities. But I'm just a coder, not a banker.
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:08:42 AM

If you had a partner who lived in the same country that the exchange was held.

It would be easier, but it wouldnt be much of a arbtriage since youre relying the same way to deposit and sell quickly from more then 2 exchanges.

arunka71

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:04:03 AM

Yeah. You trade immediarely and rebalance your funds later. That should work just fine. Would be cool to have such a trader network.

I already  wrote software that should work for such a concept. But maybe I'd have to add new exchanges then.
BTCjust

Activity: 241

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:21:46 AM

an arb plan in last year: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765074.0  at that time, there is little profits due to the high fee

but both btc-e and lakebtc had decreased the rates, the fee is lower today, I think that plan could be acted now  Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:22:18 AM

If you have the infrastructure to move FIAT (from one country to country), there might be great opportunities. But I'm just a coder, not a banker.

then you can go ahead and make a bot that work with arbitrage, i'm sure it is possible to earn some low percentage, around 3-5% if you bot is well coded and it is fast enough
arunka71

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:42:21 AM

then you can go ahead and make a bot that work with arbitrage, i'm sure it is possible to earn some low percentage, around 3-5% if you bot is well coded and it is fast enough

But how to rebalance funds?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:05:24 PM

But how to rebalance funds?

you can do it through api with your client, or with your online wallet, if let's the your balance is under a certain amount, you just code your bot so it can send more coins

those should be easy stuff for any coders, i'm surprised that you're asking this...
arunka71

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:55:00 PM

So you transfer USD to btc-e, buy BTC, do the arb trades and end up with USD at LakeBTC. But there is no good (cheap) way to get the USD back to btc-e or your pocket? Or maybe you see other opportunities, than I cannot see...

I already wrote bots to check for such opportinities, like this one:

https://i.imgur.com/OoP0aNo.jpg

, but I don't see any possibility for me at the moment to implement such a trading scheme.

Write me a PM, if you are interested in a collab or have other ideas. I am willing to write some code and share the profits.
bounst

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:40:10 AM

an arb plan in last year: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765074.0  at that time, there is little profits due to the high fee

but both btc-e and lakebtc had decreased the rates, the fee is lower today, I think that plan could be acted now  Smiley

you can see the arb profits in this site  http://bitcoin-analytics.com/#xarbitrage
JerryCurlzzz

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:38:33 AM

So you transfer USD to btc-e, buy BTC, do the arb trades and end up with USD at LakeBTC. But there is no good (cheap) way to get the USD back to btc-e or your pocket? Or maybe you see other opportunities, than I cannot see...

I'm thinking that much of what people do here is not accurately described as arbitrage. Rather, people are buying BTC when it is low on one exchange to sell while it is high on another. Then rinse/repeat when the spreads return to the mean.
arunka71

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:38:08 AM

You could move the BTC back, when the prices are equal. That might take forever, though...

And you lose money due to fees. Same goes for the fiat transfer. This has to be part of the profit calculation!
Franciem

Activity: 322

Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:06:27 AM

Does anyone knows Bitcoin Arbitrage?

How does it works?

Please explain
Buy on one Exchange for cheaper price and dump on another Exchange to higher price.
This is Arbitrage.... You have to hold funds on both exchnages.

JerryCurlzzz

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:32:45 PM

You could move the BTC back, when the prices are equal. That might take forever, though...

And you lose money due to fees. Same goes for the fiat transfer. This has to be part of the profit calculation!

The problem is when funds get imbalanced due to strong bull or bear trends. Then, eventually, you are stuck with most or all funds on one exchange, and need to wait for an opportunity to rebalance. I believe efforts are better spent towards trading. Wink
arunka71

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:53:15 PM

Even for technical trading, bots can be very useful. braino has a slack channel discussing bots and strategies. Let him or me know, if you want to join.
leonArdo@margin
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 08:33:01 PM

I agree that there appear to be bots trading these things.  If you don't make or buy a bot you chances of arbitrage are slim.  There is a bot that does arbitrage withing an exchange, when there is an inefficiency between 3 currencies, such as dollar, btc and ltc.  But we are talking about really slim margins here.  IMO you are better off using other methods of trading to make money.  And trading isn't easy so be careful!

I suppose there are not many bots, especially for altcoins markets. Just checked live cross-exchange table (http://www.bitcoinfo.ru/trading/ for example) and noticed many altcoin pairs with 5-10-20% arbitrage possibilities.

Some make such trading manually but no signs for the bot activity.

Another issue is liquidity. Just because BTC has a certain price on an exchange, if the volume is too low then it doesn't help much. 

aysha9859

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Srry 4 my bad English

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:29:56 PM

yes volume is important too. because you can buy btc but if you cant sell it, then arbitrage is down. and a big fees over there. waiting for you. you have to calc them also. arbitrage is really hard stuff. if anybody can do it, im really congrat to them. great job.
arunka71

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:21:06 PM

It's not a problem...it's a challenge!  Cheesy
gon

Activity: 460
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:49:19 PM

You also need a lot of cash to make it interesting.
Some money on every Exchange.... Pfff ...It sound like danger to me.
arunka71

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 11:22:15 PM

But I think, you only need minimal amount? At least most opportunities I see, are rather small..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: