Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:10:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Every pattern has been broken. All fates have changed.  (Read 2544 times)
AceWallen

Activity: 479
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:07:33 AM

imo, supports/resistances are inevitably tested and sometimes fail. trend lines are always destined to fail. the big picture changed almost a year ago i think, and hopefully, im thinking this will actually turn around in the next few months.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:37:01 AM

I still have some hope on the long term, but really, I have just lost a lot of interest. Bear markets will do that, I guess. Could go on for some time yet, but.... Soon (tm)....
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:32:01 AM

I still have some hope on the long term, but really, I have just lost a lot of interest. Bear markets will do that, I guess. Could go on for some time yet, but.... Soon (tm)....

Stop complaining and go short on margin ffs. It's not like one could only make money in a bullmarket.

illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:40:26 AM

Stop complaining and go short on margin ffs. It's not like one could only make money in a bullmarket.

I'm not trying to pay swaps in this flat action. Totally sideways. Yeah, trending down, obviously, but I'm waiting to see some movement before jumping on the short train.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 03:48:40 AM

I am not really into patterns but I do believe that Bitcoin is trying make it's own pattern now. So that people can see bitcoin as a safe mode of currency and not a volatile thermometer.

jehst (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:59:29 PM

I am not really into patterns but I do believe that Bitcoin is trying make it's own pattern now. So that people can see bitcoin as a safe mode of currency and not a volatile thermometer.

If bitcoin is one day used by 100 million people, and it's used by 1 million people now, then you must give up all hope of safety or stability in price. Nothing can be stable while the fundamentals shift by orders of magnitude. The panics will continue. Not even gold, with its enormous market cap, has escaped massive volatility (measured in baskets of commodities) over the past several hundred years.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:00:28 PM

You can consider the technology already failed horribly as it has been surpassed by several altcoins on every aspect that is important for mainstream adoption.
I don't see things that way. There are other coins I prefer, such as Dash, but there are so many other cutting edge crypto technologies emerging I don't pretend to be able to keep up with them. Bitcoin is still the largest network by far, and looks like it's heading towards a more establishment future with ownership ledgers based on the blockchain and other technology start-ups aiming to dismantle visa and mastercard's duopoly. This is not the anonymous digital cash which people originally thought it was, so if you want to get off the grid, pick your alt, that rabbit's out of the hat and won't be going back in. That was never that large a market anyway, so speculating on bitcoin from the  perspective is over, yes.

The mainstream financial system, however, is not long for this world in my opinion, and bitcoin is entirely ahead of anything else to replace it. This also addresses some of the centralised mining issues and 51% attacks which bitcoin isn't optimised for, because that's not a problem for the financial services sector, you already have a tradition of many large data centres distributed globally across different corporations and nations.

You're missing a leg.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:28:28 PM

If bitcoin is one day used by 100 million people, and it's used by 1 million people now, then you must give up all hope of safety or stability in price. Nothing can be stable while the fundamentals shift by orders of magnitude. The panics will continue. Not even gold, with its enormous market cap, has escaped massive volatility (measured in baskets of commodities) over the past several hundred years.

I agree, user count is constantly shifting variable, and hence the price may never settle for a long period. And to hope one day bitcoin will have 100x more users is a long shot, since
many of current ones are loosing interest themselves.

cheers
jehst (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:22:14 PM

And to hope one day bitcoin will have 100x more users is a long shot, since
many of current ones are loosing interest themselves.

cheers

100 million is not a lot of users for a global internet currency. If bitcoin is dying, then there won't be price stability in that case either. A drop from $220 to $110 is extreme volatility.

Year 2021
fat buddah

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:29:15 PM

Bitcoin baholders scream "noooo, you troll" while the more sensible rest of us knows this since January.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:39:06 PM

it seems the opposite with the current trend, it's like if you are not a shorters you can't be victorious, and bullish market look dead by all angles
Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:04:10 PM

it seems the opposite with the current trend, it's like if you are not a shorters you can't be victorious, and bullish market look dead by all angles

How it's dead brother ?

What about the all downward preesure we are facing ?

Bears feeling that their time is now.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:37:39 PM

How it's dead brother ?

there is no enough bulls for every bear, just that

you usually need one bad news to sustain the bear market and ten good news to sustain the bull market, it is easier for the former

jehst (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:13:05 PM

you usually need one bad news to sustain the bear market and ten good news to sustain the bull market, it is easier for the former

We had a lot of good news, but most good news didn't get that much media attention. Scandals are how news agencies get poor people to buy newspapers so a large scandal might get more attention than 1,000 good articles (the SR case was a trending topic on twitter several times). A few good articles are just enough to keep the price stable, but it takes a major story to break the trend.

If Dell/Microsoft accepting bitcoin, Bitlicense passing, Citi, Goldman Sachs, NYSE, JPMorgan guys joining bitcoin startups, bitcoin companies raising 100+ million dollars are not major stories, then there aren't going to be any major stories. News doesn't matter unless the technicals are ripe.

Year 2021
Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:16:04 PM

How it's dead brother ?

We had a lot of good news, but most good news didn't get that much media attention. Scandals are how news agencies get poor people to buy newspapers so a large scandal might get more attention than 1,000 good articles (the SR case was a trending topic on twitter several times). A few good articles are just enough to keep the price stable, but it takes a major story to break the trend.

If Dell/Microsoft accepting bitcoin, Bitlicense passing, Citi, Goldman Sachs, NYSE, JPMorgan guys joining bitcoin startups, bitcoin companies raising 100+ million dollars are not major stories, then there aren't going to be any major stories. News doesn't matter unless the technicals are ripe.

This Amph, why the heck we are not acting to any good news, only bad ones ?

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:33:17 AM

How it's dead brother ?

This Amph, why the heck we are not acting to any good news, only bad ones ?

because it is in the human nature, i guess, it's always easy to dump, to destroy, than pumping or building, it's one of those  thing that will not change ever

but i still think that all the recent good news are doing something that will have a delayed impact on the market, we must wait and see
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: