Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:48:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: difference between kilowatt and kilowatt per hour  (Read 868 times)
rkinnin (OP)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 02:33:27 AM

I received a rate schedule from a power provider.

There are two charges. 

demand charge per kilowatt: $1.71
electric charge $.05 per Kwh

I have determined that "per hour" am doing about 5 kilowatts at the moment. 

Can you tell me how I figure my monthly charge with that demand line?

Without the demand line I am figuring that my electric bill would be $180 a month.  Is my math correct?

thank you in advance for your thoughts.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 02:51:52 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2015, 03:23:44 AM by toptek

There are two charges.  

Without the demand line I am figuring that my electric bill would be $180 a month.  Is my math correct?

demand charge per kilowatt: $1.71    delivery  charge maybe ?
electric charge $.05 per Kwh is what you pay per KwH or your power cost with no fees or taxes added .

BG and E flat came out and said they make more off the fees then they do selling the power it self.They don't care who we get it from at what price .

They said that on public record in those all most exact words.

mine would be about that or close may be 20 or 30 bucks more  if it wast for all the lame ass fees they get a way with .

come live in Maryland you would not believe some of the fees i see on my bill each month.

The bill should have a  % in my state for fees by law they can't change the % and believe me if they could they would it should be on yours as well, x% per KWH you use each month should do it but to do that you might have to install a in  home meter that might cost 149 or more not including installing it unless you can for the good ones. or buy a kilo Wat Meter and watch the usage each month or try to figure up you whole house . I don't trust smart meters either they all ways post a price on there site that makes no sense if i add up what the smart mater usages was i used  that shows on there site, it never adds right. and BG and E is non for bad billing habits in this state has been sued a few times for it and yet they keep doing it . if you look for those law suits you won't find much info on it but i personal knew some one who had to go to the local TV stations to get BG and E off there back and stop them from turning off there power illegally. once he did he got all kinds of help you wouldn't believe and BG and E was find big time for it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
gdale

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:21:47 AM

the kilowatt part is mostly the peek usage for the billing time. so the peek usage * 1.71 + (.05 * kilowatt hours) 
rkinnin (OP)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:53:35 AM

the kilowatt part is mostly the peek usage for the billing time. so the peek usage * 1.71 + (.05 * kilowatt hours) 

so since my mining efforts are constant, right?  I wonder what their peak usage thought would be? 
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:53:38 PM

so since my mining efforts are constant, right?  I wonder what their peak usage thought would be? 

You are correct in thinking a constant.  If you run 5kw/hr your peak would be 5kw.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:57:40 PM

There are two charges. 

Without the demand line I am figuring that my electric bill would be $180 a month.  Is my math correct?

5 CENTS holy damn that is amazing!!

5 * .05 * 24 * 30 = $180

You are bang on. We are assuming 5KW draw 24/7.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:05:07 PM

When I first read the title I was formulating a smart ass answer, like what's the difference between a kilometer and a kilometer per hour, but it seems to me like the kilowatt charge is an additional fee on top of your usage rate.  Call your provider, they'll have an answer for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: