Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:04:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What the actual fuck.  (Read 2976 times)
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:11:46 AM

I think in regards to pirate or other big investments, people were a bit apprehensive to label them scammers on the forum and risk chasing them away, but at this point, considering all hope is gone, it can't hurt to label them all as they all seem to be - SCAMMERS.

The sad part is, there will be more coming out of the woodwork as time goes by, showing just how deep the pirate 'investment opportunity' had burrowed it's way into the depths of the community.

Very sad.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 11:27:09 AM

I think in regards to pirate or other big investments, people were a bit apprehensive to label them scammers on the forum and risk chasing them away, but at this point, considering all hope is gone, it can't hurt to label them all as they all seem to be - SCAMMERS.

The sad part is, there will be more coming out of the woodwork as time goes by, showing just how deep the pirate 'investment opportunity' had burrowed it's way into the depths of the community.

Very sad.

When you have a gangrenous leg the best thing to do is cut it off.

legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:51:31 PM

Again.

Ok. I didnt see the tag before.

It seems to be something that is entirely hit and miss. Ive seen guys get scammer tags over 20btc and some involved in losing thousands of bitcoins avoid them.
Sounds normal to me, that's the way it works with fiat currencies Tongue

I think BulaNula had gotten one over 1 or 2 coins.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:47:43 AM

Matthew N Wright has a scammer label for welching on a bet.
Yup.

Hashking does not have a scammer label for lying about "insured deposits"
Investigation is in progress.

Nckrazze also lied about having "guaranteed deposits"
First I've heard of this...

pirateat40 does not have a scammer label for failing to pay back 500 000 bitcoins.
Marked as scammer.

This should be corrected and goes for anyone who used the terms "insured" or "guaranteed"
As you can see, we eventually get to these things, but it takes time.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 07:30:50 AM

Nckrazze also lied about having "guaranteed deposits"
First I've heard of this...

Mostly due to bad planning on my part as well as a large flow of coins at once and the rising difficulty rate, I was unable to continue my mining project and ended up liquidating most of it. Around July 18th, I had completely liquidated all of the mining hardware that belonged to the Deposits Service. I kept a bit over 2000$ worth of hardware for myself (which were my personal assets), to continue generating coins with. My funds remained dormant until August 6th, when I decided that the magnitude of the payouts was too great for the coins to be sitting around for. For this reason, I chose to place all the funds with pirate and continue to payout weekly interest until terms were over. As terms ended, I would not offer term renewals, and would return all of the coins to the depositors. However, in a sequence of unfortunate events, I was unable to withdraw coins from pirate, but continued to payout using the reserve fund, as mentioned (35%). I am at a personal loss now of over 2000 coins, but have liquidated my assets and will begin paying out respectively. I need everyone to understand that this will not be a matter of a few weeks or months, but rather, will be closer to a few years.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 08:13:26 AM

Mostly due to bad planning on my part as well as a large flow of coins at once and the rising difficulty rate, I was unable to continue my mining project and ended up liquidating most of it. Around July 18th, I had completely liquidated all of the mining hardware that belonged to the Deposits Service. I kept a bit over 2000$ worth of hardware for myself (which were my personal assets), to continue generating coins with. My funds remained dormant until August 6th, when I decided that the magnitude of the payouts was too great for the coins to be sitting around for. For this reason, I chose to place all the funds with pirate and continue to payout weekly interest until terms were over. As terms ended, I would not offer term renewals, and would return all of the coins to the depositors. However, in a sequence of unfortunate events, I was unable to withdraw coins from pirate, but continued to payout using the reserve fund, as mentioned (35%). I am at a personal loss now of over 2000 coins, but have liquidated my assets and will begin paying out respectively. I need everyone to understand that this will not be a matter of a few weeks or months, but rather, will be closer to a few years.

Above he says he said he stopped looking for new deposits on Aug 6th.  I have a PM where he tried soliciting funds from me on Aug 10th.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 01:49:50 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2012, 02:16:18 PM by BadBear

nckrazze has been given a scammer tag https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108756.0

I asked in hashkings thread, can anyone confirm (by confirm I mean a post or PM or something by hashking himself) that he did say that the lower interest rate brackets weren't exposed to pirate? I can't find it anywhere but people keep saying it.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: