Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:12:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help! Blockchain chargeback?  (Read 734 times)
Erik4boss (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 04:20:18 PM

I am relatively new to bitcoin and got chocked today. I logged into my Blockchain account yesterday, and noticed that I was missing around $5.
Yesterday I traded virtual items in a game. I made sure that the other guy went first, and once I saw that I had $5.xx in my wallet, I sent him the stuff he bought from me.
But now, when I check, the money isn't there, and there is no transaction history of me getting $5.xx money and me sending $5.xx money.
Here is a picture of my transactions
http://puu.sh/ieHJP/293bd4570c.png

I know that you can't do chargebacks with bitcoin, so how did this happen? Does blockchain.info steal money?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 04:25:56 PM

I am relatively new to bitcoin and got chocked today. I logged into my Blockchain account yesterday, and noticed that I was missing around $5.
Yesterday I traded virtual items in a game. I made sure that the other guy went first, and once I saw that I had $5.xx in my wallet, I sent him the stuff he bought from me.
But now, when I check, the money isn't there, and there is no transaction history of me getting $5.xx money and me sending $5.xx money.

I know that you can't do chargebacks with bitcoin, so how did this happen? Does blockchain.info steal money?

#1 no blockchain.info does not steal money, but its unreliable sometimes.

#2 there is no such thing as chargebacks, but there is something similar called a double spend attack. If someone sends you a TX without a fee they might be able to replace that TX with another one that is not sending you anything, but someone else. In order to check whether this is the case or bc.i is having problems with their database again please post the address you gave the other person or if you have it somewhere the TX-ID.

PS: this might get moved into the service discussion section or you can do it yourself in the lower left corner.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 04:49:52 PM

Blockchain.info neither steal nor chargeback. But, there is some recent irregularities in their database which they are working on. So, you might see some wrong data against your address. If you provide your address, we can do further investigation regarding this.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:03:12 PM

You should have provided an address. Thanks to that I typed in from the screenshot..  Undecided

I assume you mean this transaction: http://btc.blockr.io/tx/info/c3bb8d18b3799e89ffe8823c61bad8e21bb45f40bf9c0c2c1cfbdc40db06e432

It went throough and will reflect in your wallet once blockchain.info gets connected back. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: