Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:54:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you approve that bitcoin monitize bills or coins  (Read 837 times)
Error404 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 04:46:55 PM

I wonder that your bills or coins called "bitcoins" that can you pay for other payments not only using a internet but in handling it and paying at the counter ?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 04:50:08 PM

I wonder that your bills or coins called "bitcoins" that can you pay for other payments not only using a internet but in handling it and paying at the counter ?

No need for physical coins nor bills just pay with your smartphone. Scan a QR code, check the amount, click send, enter password, wait a second, done.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Error404 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 04:54:22 PM

No need for physical coins nor bills just pay with your smartphone. Scan a QR code, check the amount, click send, enter password, wait a second, done.
But when you dont have a smartphone ? and then the payment needs was a bitcoin ? how you buy it if you dont have bitcoin and make it a bills or coins ,
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:11:49 PM

There are physical bitcoins. Basically, a physical bitcoin is a coin or a bill containing a private key. They don't work well as currency because the production cost is generally more than the value, but people like to collect them.

Here is a thread about the ones that are recently available:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=921095.0

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Error404 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:16:02 PM

There are physical bitcoins. Basically, they are coins with private keys. They don't work well as currency because the value is generally less than the production cost, but people like to collect them.

Here is a good thread to read:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=921095.0

Thank you for that thread and answering my question before bitcoin become currency the country must make a production to make it equal to the market , sorry if you dont understand i just saying price and supply relations
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:16:22 PM

I wonder you wonder what think you OP means you say?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 05:20:35 PM

But when you dont have a smartphone ?

If you dont have a device that can run a bitcoin client (could be an old laptop) you cant use bitcoin.

and then the payment needs was a bitcoin ?

Not sure I understand you, but yes I paid in bitcoin. Its obviously only working with stores that accept bitcoin.

how you buy it if you dont have bitcoin and make it a bills or coins ,

You can buy bitcoin at several places online or offline. The main problem I have with your idea of physical bitcoin is that they are not reliable. If I hand you a bill that is worth e.g. 1 BTC you have no way of knowing whether I made a backup of the private key or not. I could give you the bill and you would instantly have to create a transaction with it using e.g. your smart phone in order to be sure that I dont have a copy of the private key and can use it later to spend "your" coins.

Error404 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:22:28 PM

Whats OP ? sorry im new in this community can you explain what op means my mind are gonna blow of this english i am nosebleed Cheesy
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 05:26:42 PM

Whats OP ? sorry im new in this community can you explain what op means my mind are gonna blow of this english i am nosebleed Cheesy

OP is short for original poster, the person that started a thread, for this thread its you. If english is a problem maybe check the local sections. There is one for many languages and I think for every possible language (IIRC even klingon) there is a thread.

-snip-
Thank you for that thread and answering my question before bitcoin become currency the country must make a production to make it equal to the market , sorry if you dont understand i just saying price and supply relations

No, a country could just declare bitcoin the official currency. They would probably have big problems if they did so right now.

Error404 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:41:22 PM

But when you dont have a smartphone ?

If you dont have a device that can run a bitcoin client (could be an old laptop) you cant use bitcoin.

and then the payment needs was a bitcoin ?

Not sure I understand you, but yes I paid in bitcoin. Its obviously only working with stores that accept bitcoin.

how you buy it if you dont have bitcoin and make it a bills or coins ,

You can buy bitcoin at several places online or offline. The main problem I have with your idea of physical bitcoin is that they are not reliable. If I hand you a bill that is worth e.g. 1 BTC you have no way of knowing whether I made a backup of the private key or not. I could give you the bill and you would instantly have to create a transaction with it using e.g. your smart phone in order to be sure that I dont have a copy of the private key and can use it later to spend "your" coins.
Are you saying that before you spend it there thing a need ? Confirmation ? Am i right ? What key ate you talking for ? I dont understand Sad
anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:44:54 PM

Hi, like they said you might want to check for a sub forum in your native language.  A confirmation is basically a check that the payment has been processed.  Most places I have used bitcoins online require 1-2 confirmations, sometimes as many as 6 depending on the circumstances.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 06:08:11 PM

-snip-
Are you saying that before you spend it there thing a need ? Confirmation ? Am i right ? What key ate you talking for ? I dont understand Sad

Bitcoin works with digital signatures. They are similar to real signatures, but you need certain data to create the signature, the private key. Everyone that knows the private key can spend the bitcoin that are associated with it. If you want to have a bill for bitcoin, my understanding is that you would need the private key on that bill (e.g. under a sticker so not anyone can see it). When you (or the country issuing it) create the bill you have the private key somewhere else. Now if you give me the bill its only useful as a paper bill if you can convince me that you have destroyed all other copies of the private key. Otherwise you could go home use the private key and scam me. Since I see no way for you to convince me, I would use the private key on the paper bill and transfer the bitcoin to a private key I know is mine and only mine. After I have done that the bill is worthless.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: