Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:08:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you or the public change your opinion if it was known that Satoshi was actually Charles Manson
yes - 5 (16.1%)
no - 26 (83.9%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Satoshi was revealed to be Charles Manson  (Read 2605 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:16:14 AM

Voted for No. Well, I dont know who is Charles Manson. So I take it as it is Hitler. If it is revealed that Satoshi Nakamoto was Hitler (say.. he is still alive), I dont think the public will change their option toward Bitcoin. Unless Hitler came back to develop Bitcoin, that is another story.

You can't judge a person's whole life based on bad things they have done. Even Hitler, being the moster he was, was still a talented painter. Does that mean his paintings are bad*; ofc not.
Same thing here ; It's not important who created bitcoin; it never was.

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 02:50:00 PM

My personal belief is Bitcoin by itself is good. Keep that in mind.

Did you know that Bitcoin may be predicted in the bible? Some Christians may believe Bitcoin to lead to the mark of the beast:

Revelation 16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

There is a man who injected himself so he can walk around with his wallet inside his hands:

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/11/man-has-nfc-chips-injected-into-his-hands-to-store-cold-bitcoin-wallet/

"....For the last 10 days, Martijn Wismeijer, a Dutch entrepreneur and Bitcoin enthusiast, has lived with an NFC chip embedded in each hand. One has data that he’s constantly overwriting; he can put his contact details in simply by having another person scan his hand with an NFC-enabled phone. But the other contains the encrypted private key to his wallet....."

If that was the case, the world would have to accept Bitcoin as a global currency, and also FORCE people to use it over any other currency and get the mark. That would still be quite a while off.

See I think Bitcoin is the opposite of the mark as Bitcoin would need to be centralized and controlled by a government or leader which it currently isn't.

But it could be one day.

Thinking long term here.

I've thought about it a bit since I wrote last, and I think it would have to be a multi-sig key in the body (where one private key needed is from the beast, or has the number 666 involved). Also one key could maybe need a dna sample or something (which is why it would be in the body) to prove you're the one true owner.

The only way I can see this happening (in this theory) is that when the anti-christ comes, he would try to unite the world with world peace, ending all all wars, and moving to a currency that is used everywhere. Yes, there would have to be centralization, and not just a government centralizing it, but a world-government, like the UN. Sounds good to some people, I'm sure, world peace. But for Christians, it's about separation at the end. You aren't supposed to worship any God but the true God, and to say you won't worship the anti-christ will get you killed. That's not true world peace. According to Revelations, they would be forced to take the mark or else it would be impossible to buy food.

At some point, when Revelation comes to pass, there will be one common currency and you will need to prove you have the mark (which could be a second private key) and then people would be forced to not accept it without that second key. Cryptocurrency seems like a good fit. Maybe it wouldn't be Bitcoin, but a new altcoin with required multi-sig addresses.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: