Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:03:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is mining dead ?  (Read 12910 times)
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 07:36:54 PM

It was dead...since I am mining with my U2 mining is alive again.
No seriously...
I am searchinf co-miners mining for me as worker...
of course only if you are a mittle miner who reach with difficulties the minimum payout.

zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:53:58 AM

In my opinion, Mining bitcoin? yes it is dead unless you are a millionaire want to find something interesting to do in your free time by buying some huge machines for mining bitcoin. However mining altcoin is not dead yet and it will never be. There are a bunch of new coin everyday try to mine some and be the first one to dump it. This way you will be the winner. On the other hand, If you don't really want to mine alternate coin, try to sell contracts or get some customers on miningrentals... You may able to get some easily I think

Alt coin mining is a hard game so much puump/dump.   I also think less people rent MRR then they use to.  A lot tend to use nicehash which pay is low a lot of the time. 

You need to look into BTC mining more.   It is far from dead, and only dead if high electricity or high vat.
Except some coins which have good potential, all others is just about pump and dump. However if you really want to make money I think alternate is the best as bitcoin is for the big guys so what chances are left for the small miners? Alt coin is just about time. If you got in at the right time then you will surely struck gold. BTW while I was writing this all I could thought of was Mining rentals so I wrote it down LOL Nicehash is fine to I think.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:48:15 AM

In my opinion, Mining bitcoin? yes it is dead unless you are a millionaire want to find something interesting to do in your free time by buying some huge machines for mining bitcoin. However mining altcoin is not dead yet and it will never be. There are a bunch of new coin everyday try to mine some and be the first one to dump it. This way you will be the winner. On the other hand, If you don't really want to mine alternate coin, try to sell contracts or get some customers on miningrentals... You may able to get some easily I think

Alt coin mining is a hard game so much puump/dump.   I also think less people rent MRR then they use to.  A lot tend to use nicehash which pay is low a lot of the time. 

You need to look into BTC mining more.   It is far from dead, and only dead if high electricity or high vat.
Except some coins which have good potential, all others is just about pump and dump. However if you really want to make money I think alternate is the best as bitcoin is for the big guys so what chances are left for the small miners? Alt coin is just about time. If you got in at the right time then you will surely struck gold. BTW while I was writing this all I could thought of was Mining rentals so I wrote it down LOL Nicehash is fine to I think.

Alt coins are more risky then BTC.  It no doubt can make you more money if you get lucky or had some great strategy.  When your talking about coins worth a few dollars... a 50 cent raise might be a big margin for it as BTC 50 cent is not much at all.

The problem is gear to mine.  Most alt coins that are worth mining are Scrypt.  There is just a bunch of old asics besides a few SF100's that made it to public.  Compare that to where BTC has a constant stream of new miners being made and developed it is a huge difference in mining.

I'm not sure to many "small" miners will be better off with scrypt gear.  What scrypt gear are you mining with you suggest "small" miners use instead of BTC asics?
zodiac3011

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:06:26 AM

Alt coins are more risky then BTC.  It no doubt can make you more money if you get lucky or had some great strategy.  When your talking about coins worth a few dollars... a 50 cent raise might be a big margin for it as BTC 50 cent is not much at all.

The problem is gear to mine.  Most alt coins that are worth mining are Scrypt.  There is just a bunch of old asics besides a few SF100's that made it to public.  Compare that to where BTC has a constant stream of new miners being made and developed it is a huge difference in mining.

I'm not sure to many "small" miners will be better off with scrypt gear.  What scrypt gear are you mining with you suggest "small" miners use instead of BTC asics?
I just suggest in general that mining alternate coin may be a good idea. There are still many SHA256 coins that can be mined like Trinity or you can used multipool to mine the coins. That's also fine I think. On the other hand, Yes there are some risks when playing with alternate coin but with steady project like BURST, NXT, HYPER,... (don't mention about mining here just want to show some examples about stable coins) I think it's totally worth.

I thing the value one coin doesn't really say anything. If you got that much mining power, you can probably ( just probably) make equal to the amount of bitcoin you mine or even more. In some cases, solo mining can give you even more income while solo mining bitcoins is quite impossible unless you got a really really really big farm
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:32:19 AM

I just suggest in general that mining alternate coin may be a good idea. There are still many SHA256 coins that can be mined like Trinity or you can used multipool to mine the coins. That's also fine I think. On the other hand, Yes there are some risks when playing with alternate coin but with steady project like BURST, NXT, HYPER,... (don't mention about mining here just want to show some examples about stable coins) I think it's totally worth.

I thing the value one coin doesn't really say anything. If you got that much mining power, you can probably ( just probably) make equal to the amount of bitcoin you mine or even more. In some cases, solo mining can give you even more income while solo mining bitcoins is quite impossible unless you got a really really really big farm

Show me a SHA256 coin that is constantly better to mine then BTC.  I think you either are not a miner, or possibly doing something wrong.  Mining SHA altcoins... just does not make sense for almost all.  You would be better off mining BTC and buying alt's ins most cases.   But I still think BTC is best sha coin long term.

Can you show profits personally from constant mining of alt coins in sha?  And you mention some I'm pretty sure you did not try.... burst I looked into mining my HD on 2 TB's a month leaving a big computer on it ran at a loss and made a few bucks a month.  You throw out coins but I don't think you have done the ROI or done it personally.  But I could be wrong.  Please show us your past trading that made it better then BTC on mining.
zodiac3011

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:54:16 AM

Show me a SHA256 coin that is constantly better to mine then BTC.  I think you either are not a miner, or possibly doing something wrong.  Mining SHA altcoins... just does not make sense for almost all.  You would be better off mining BTC and buying alt's ins most cases.   But I still think BTC is best sha coin long term.

Can you show profits personally from constant mining of alt coins in sha?  And you mention some I'm pretty sure you did not try.... burst I looked into mining my HD on 2 TB's a month leaving a big computer on it ran at a loss and made a few bucks a month.  You throw out coins but I don't think you have done the ROI or done it personally.  But I could be wrong.  Please show us your past trading that made it better then BTC on mining.
Yep I stop mining for a quite a long time when I think that it's no longer profitable. And about BURST, like I said if you decide to get in early you will find it profitable, and I jumped in from the beginning and yes, I have done the ROI but I don't have the habit of staying one coin very long so my past trading of it is quite long ago. However I just say that this all is my own opinion so it may be not really correct and I admit that nowadays SHA256 coins that are better to mine than BTC no longer exists but I remember mining one or two coins just what I think was better.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:09:55 AM

Yep I stop mining for a quite a long time when I think that it's no longer profitable. And about BURST, like I said if you decide to get in early you will find it profitable, and I jumped in from the beginning and yes, I have done the ROI but I don't have the habit of staying one coin very long so my past trading of it is quite long ago. However I just say that this all is my own opinion so it may be not really correct and I admit that nowadays SHA256 coins that are better to mine than BTC no longer exists but I remember mining one or two coins just what I think was better.

You really are a bit out of dated of your mining to be honest, that is nicest way I can say it.  You should be able to back up things you say with facts not just a general feeling.

Mining BTC on SHA256 asics is most profitable way to do it anymore.  If a new coin launches yes it might change.... but there are few coins that are not pump/dump.  BTC has the long term profitability.  Mining changes so much you really need to stay part of it to have good information to share.  Look at nicehash for example.. they are renting at negative 10 percent currently.  That shows no great altcoin is currently being mined.

Most altcoins that are worth something are in scypt area which is very hard to mine now day's after LTC having.  I could be wrong but look at even 1 month burst it is going down - https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_burst .   I mean a few bucks to mine all month on multi TB drive is horrible and a loss when mining.  It's looking like pump/dump.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:17:14 PM

Cloud companys are balancing their income with their fees,and always readjusting it up,till the moment you wont receive any ammount what had happened with genesis mining.If a new cloud shows off it would be great to have a small fee and we all being able to roi ,this will make more investment and more hash could be bought easy to upgrade.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:54:48 PM

Cloud companys are balancing their income with their fees,and always readjusting it up,till the moment you wont receive any ammount what had happened with genesis mining.If a new cloud shows off it would be great to have a small fee and we all being able to roi ,this will make more investment and more hash could be bought easy to upgrade.

You can't make a whole sector blanket statment based off one.   One of my things I do not invest is if a company say's lifetime, or forever.  Which genesis mining does.  Some might invest as I have seen a few go there.

But lifetime mining is just to good to be true.  All machines have a lifetime when they earn, and eventually they stop making money.  So  it is never lifetime.
knowhow

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:11:47 PM

Doesnt need to be lifetime ,as i said some kind of contract ,saying you will get 5% or 10% in 1 year of your investment,but well at bitcoin is impossible to someone offer such thing knowing difficult is raising ,and would turn into scam too fast.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:19:40 PM

Doesnt need to be lifetime ,as i said some kind of contract ,saying you will get 5% or 10% in 1 year of your investment,but well at bitcoin is impossible to someone offer such thing knowing difficult is raising ,and would turn into scam too fast.

True cloud mining or even hardware mining comes with no guarantee of ROI, or espically tell a percent earned per year.  You just cannot predict this with accuracy when talking about a timeline like you said a year, which would include having in one so long at this point.

Avoid anything that guarantees ROI/Profit, or lifetime.  I suggest everyone to research it but those are common signs of scams that a legit cloud mining place would not do or guarantee anything sounding like that.
knowhow

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:58:23 PM

The most scammer projects like hyip offers something like 20% or more montly,soo is a good way to stay away from scammer following these advice.One thing that should be done by cloud companies is say: we dont know how many time you will roi and if you will be able,we will keep paying as long as we get some income.But we all know no one will say hey dont invest more at me im here to be honest and help you to not invest at me.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 12:35:39 AM

The most scammer projects like hyip offers something like 20% or more montly,soo is a good way to stay away from scammer following these advice.One thing that should be done by cloud companies is say: we dont know how many time you will roi and if you will be able,we will keep paying as long as we get some income.But we all know no one will say hey dont invest more at me im here to be honest and help you to not invest at me.

If anyone promises X percent per any time chances are you should not invest.  You really cannot guarantee even ROI on most things if your honest.  People can make it if doing smart investments and right timing.

But with difficulty changes, price changes, promising X back in anytime frame is pretty much impossible.  Only way would be if other side is willing to pay if you did not make it, which is not a sustainable business method if they lose money. 
rico666
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 12:09:54 PM

I have an Antminer S3+ left with 450GH/s on free power.

Gives me about 20$ a month which will ROI in about 7 months (of which I still have 4 or so left) as I bought it with the power supply for roughly $150.

I use it for two reasons:

1) to have a nice daily look at the eligius.st charts
 2) as a motivational and affirmative tool how much the BTC price is undervalued

Rico

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:01:40 PM

I have an Antminer S3+ left with 450GH/s on free power.

Gives me about 20$ a month which will ROI in about 7 months (of which I still have 4 or so left) as I bought it with the power supply for roughly $150.

I use it for two reasons:

1) to have a nice daily look at the eligius.st charts
 2) as a motivational and affirmative tool how much the BTC price is undervalued

Rico

Regarding point 1 I used to do the same: I loved to check my nice old 62 GH/s doing some good work.
I actually miss it.

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
Next BillGates

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:14:55 PM

IMO, mining is still live, perhaps laptop mining is dead. Because of difficulty and electricity. isn't it?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:37:49 PM

IMO, mining is still live, perhaps laptop mining is dead. Because of difficulty and electricity. isn't it?

Laptop mining was never really a thing.  Even during CPU/GPU day's running a laptop 24x7 on high intensity was a bad idea.  Most built desktops for the mining.

But yes GPU/CPU is dead.  It brings in very little you would need "free" electricity to not loose money.  And even then I don't think you will ROI on a GPU card at this point.
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:49:19 PM

the big farms can be alive but single users are ready to drop by the few.
well maybe you can get low cost eletrecity and some good miners like 2013 but its a good risk
knowhow

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:48:48 PM

Mining keeps being unprofitable for the most,but there is some that can be able to roi on the next months and keep the miner active,when bitcoin reach above values,sure there is new miners and solo miners still trying to mine btc as they can afford it.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:20:03 AM

Mining keeps being unprofitable for the most,but there is some that can be able to roi on the next months and keep the miner active,when bitcoin reach above values,sure there is new miners and solo miners still trying to mine btc as they can afford it.

Yup! That is why bitcoin is going up $300 ATM, this is a sign that mining is still alive and it is great that when I hear mining enthusiast and changing their thoughts about mining Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: