Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:41:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Paypal-Bitcoin trades  (Read 682 times)
jambola2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:55:02 PM

Wouldn't it be possible to create a new Paypal account, receive the money first, spend it or give it to another account and then just forget about it?
What will PayPal do if your transactions get reversed if you're at 0$, will they void other transfers, good purchases or gift cards bought?
Wouldn't this allow doing whatever you want with zero risk if you simply transferred all your money to another account as soon as you received it?

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RappelzReborn

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:57:52 PM

They don't do anything about it as far as I know .
Let's say someone sent you 300$ to your Paypal account , then you sent me 300$ I will receive them and keep them . Even if the guy who sent you the money made a Chargeback or opened a dispute . However you will have the balance -300$ so if you put some money it iwll probably go to him once again .
I can't imagine what would happen if they actually track the money to all account , it will be total chaos .

keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:03:11 PM

Wouldn't it be possible to create a new Paypal account, receive the money first, spend it or give it to another account and then just forget about it?
What will PayPal do if your transactions get reversed if you're at 0$, will they void other transfers, good purchases or gift cards bought?
Wouldn't this allow doing whatever you want with zero risk if you simply transferred all your money to another account as soon as you received it?

like Rappelz said, if someone does a chargeback to your paypal account and you have $0, your account will go negative (and fairly sure the money will go back to the other person). in effect you would owe paypal that money and your account would likely be frozen til you've cleared the funds back to zero. if your paypal acc is linked to your bank account they might even try to debit it to get their money back (assuming you set up a direct debit when you linked the account). if you dont clear the negative balance after a few weeks they will pass it onto a local debt collection agency.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
cointell

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:25:21 PM

It's not that simple.

If you make a payment for a nontrivial amount on a new credit card or new account, it will likely get flagged as a 'suspicious payment'.  This is a sort of automatic dispute, where as soon as the payment is made, it goes into disputed status.  You can't close this dispute by yourself and generally paypal will reverse it after 14 days, unless you can somehow convince them otherwise.  I've gotten hit with this even on legitimate payments that I did not intend to dispute.
xmaxbit

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:23:34 PM

I have also felt the shock of getting a chargeback and I have also talked to paypal customer care . Interesting thing happened with me was that he quickly judged the right thing that I was scammed for 8 $ and they sent me 5 $ as consolation money back to my account . He also told me one very important thing that  Always Receive a feedback from the person with whom you are doing any transaction. Just ask him by his paypal email "Are you satisfied with our services ?" If the party says yes , you will now have a diigital proof. Else dont do any transaction.

This is the simplest thing you can do also you can try gift option.
ruller

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:15:10 AM

If you have a brand new paypal account the funds will be on hold for 21 days (if send via gift it will not be held)

But why would you open a second paypal account if not for scam? (i not say you are a scammer) just the question Smiley
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 4424

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:05:32 AM

i have done well over 10000$ in paypal trades over the last few years and only once have i recieved a chargeback. now, the op says can they just create multiple accounts n get away with chargebacks? yes and no. yes you can do it but my 1 chargeback was for 6$. guy tried to rip me off for 6 whole dollars. when this happened all the trades i had done that week were put on hold. meaning i did over 600$ that week. the money i had sent or received from other was put on hold. also the users i had traded with had the traded funds frozen til it was all worked out. it was a total mess for about 3 days. paypal is slow as hell when reviewing a dispute.

so if you make a 300$ trade n it gets chargedback be prepared to go through hell with the user you traded here because his account as well as your paypal account will be frozen

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 05:55:26 AM

I would just stay away from PayPal.
jambola2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:03:57 AM

like Rappelz said, if someone does a chargeback to your paypal account and you have $0, your account will go negative (and fairly sure the money will go back to the other person). in effect you would owe paypal that money and your account would likely be frozen til you've cleared the funds back to zero. if your paypal acc is linked to your bank account they might even try to debit it to get their money back (assuming you set up a direct debit when you linked the account). if you dont clear the negative balance after a few weeks they will pass it onto a local debt collection agency.

Who will they pass it onto if I make a false account with no links to any of my real world details?

EG: I pay someone 20$ BTC for 20$ on Paypal. I buy a steam wallet card of 20$. The person who sold me the Paypal balance for 20$ charges back. What happens to the gift card I bought? Will Paypal try to follow it?

No bank account, credit card or debit card connected.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
RappelzReborn

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:07:19 AM

Who will they pass it onto if I make a false account with no links to any of my real world details?

EG: I pay someone 20$ BTC for 20$ on Paypal. I buy a steam wallet card of 20$. The person who sold me the Paypal balance for 20$ charges back. What happens to the gift card I bought? Will Paypal try to follow it?

Like I told you mate , if bought the Steam wallet card , well .. you will get the Steam wallet card on your email or however you bought it.
and they won't reverse anything ... but you balance will become -20$ because the guy chargebacked so once the money enter to your account once again ... He will get it and you won't

jambola2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:07:53 AM

If you have a brand new paypal account the funds will be on hold for 21 days (if send via gift it will not be held)

But why would you open a second paypal account if not for scam? (i not say you are a scammer) just the question Smiley

I am not the scammer.
I am scared that someone will scam me by charging back, and will take money from my real account.
If I have a false account, any scammer will win, but I won't lose anything. Paypal will put my money into negative, but I won't have anything connected to lose out on.

DailyModo

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:09:50 AM

if the amount is small then they won't do anything other then just adding negtive balance to your account, bt if you have a creditcard or bank account added then they may try to charge to cover that money
if amount is big there in future some recovering agencies may contact you to cover that money, mostly for US based customers

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
cointell

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:11:31 PM

For a small amount like 20 dollars, you might get away with it.  If you try to send a larger amount on a new account, it will be put on hold and the seller will be notified of a possible dispute.  You won't get your gift card, and the seller will be very unhappy.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:16:53 PM

Ahh I get you, thought you were referring to a paypal account linked to your ID. As far as I know I don't think paypal would follow the money, the pp account would probably just go negative and that's it. For such a small amount of money it's not worth the hassle. If you're talking $100s or $1000's it might be a different story.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████