Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:28:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: On Julian Assange and some bets  (Read 812 times)
miln40 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:20:00 PM

Hey,

So what does the forum think about the Assange case? Dangerous cyber-anarchist or freedom fighter?
I personally like the fact that he is working for more transparency and I think he's paving the way for a new political system, where the whole state apparatus is accountable for decisions made. Unfortunately, due to the huge amount of information associated with dealing with day-to-day business in politics, we will still have to rely on the media to summarize the information for us.
Also, really kudos to Ecuador for sticking it up to the US government and the cocksucking Swedish legal authorities Smiley

Oh yeah, I want to shamelessly promote a bet I started as well: http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=645 . I think that Assange will remain for some considerable time in the embassy, but who knows. Maybe we'll see some development in a month.

My primary BTC address:
1M5oZcUzHGT3mzNeA73opLUdSPSpKL5NE3
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:28:55 PM

Although I admire him for having the balls to 'do the right thing'.....I don't envy his life and the constant 'needing to look over your shoulder' way of living day to day.

Scary shit, but as with everything 'Free', such as Free Speech, sometimes people don't properly evaluate or realize the actual costs involved.

I wish him the best of luck, but something tells me that he will eventually suffer from a case of mistaken identity as a firing range target, good old fashion 'friendly fire, or fratricide, perhaps the brakes failing in his car or a classic CIA standby such as not waking up....

Once he's gone, it's not like anyone will be around to tell us what REALLY happened to him Wink

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:06:23 PM

Either CIA or Mossad.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
miln40 (OP)

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:49:42 PM

haha, maybe I should start a long term bet for Assange's life Smiley Actually, I don't think he will mysteriously die. Besides, he's already a played card,  I don't think he will be much danger to the global order himself. But people will follow in his footsteps.

My primary BTC address:
1M5oZcUzHGT3mzNeA73opLUdSPSpKL5NE3
Uuno

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:14:28 PM

Hello, just wanted to put this up here.

kthxbye   Tongue

Send all your money here: 1CRTegc4fdeJYwTPGYTuGq3nFBbgvHc23c
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 06:23:51 PM

I think even if he snuffs it he gonna be up there with Lennon & JFK now. Yes, really!

Worth it tho, hmm...

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Endgame

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:29:04 PM

He is one of the Australians I most admire. I do not agree that he is a played card. While he is at the helm of wiki leaks, and outside the penal system, I think he will continue to contribute in a meaningful way to the causes of transparency and innovative journalism. He is also great for bitcoin, by showing the world that it is possible to bypass a banking blockade by the worlds most powerful financial institutions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: