Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:34:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What coin now reigns supreme?  (Read 2446 times)
needypoo (OP)

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:57:24 PM

Only asking so I can get it on coinpayments.net so I can sell hot sauce for crypto again. if youre interested please go to https://www.pexpeppers.com but Bitcoin is obviously a must, what other coins do you think I should accept?
AceWallen

Activity: 479
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:23:41 PM

DASH, XRP and Stellar all seem on the up and up..... but probably just pump and dumps in the end. Tongue there is a lot of excitement around Monero..... LTC of course is quite liquid for an alt.
needypoo (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:49:54 PM

yeah I definitely love DASH, never messed with XRP tho.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:28:41 AM

Hey, Guys did you ever heard about OneCoin? I've seen some foreigners promoting it in our locality and just what I've thought its seems like a ponzi scheme to me. They're claiming that they can easily surpass bitcoin and will take the crypto currency into a new level.. Visited their site and its not good just half assed site..
Harry Hood

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:44:40 AM

Bitcoin. Full stop. No need to meddle with anything else. Any other coin that makes good technology gains can be adopted by Bitcoin, which is the one and only.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:11:17 AM

monero, at least is helping your privacy, the rest don't offer anything besides a quick profit, because of their scam pump

hypercoin, because it is promoting gaming where you can earn coin

burstcoin, because it can be mined with hadd, at least it offer something unique

also curecoin/gridcoin are good, you help research to fight cancer, and other disease
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:01:04 AM

dogecoin - once you will decide to implement, just post about it to their reddit section.
dash - personal choice, I like the dash and people around
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:49:13 AM

DASH, XRP and Stellar all seem on the up and up..... but probably just pump and dumps in the end. Tongue there is a lot of excitement around Monero..... LTC of course is quite liquid for an alt.

Dash was premined, XPR and Stelar and not mined at all. So all 3 are in category of easy market manipulated since only small part is getting traded. That means is not really hard to pump them.
Monero  have high inflation what prevent any pumping. There was lots of interests to do it, but not much success.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:00:52 PM

dogecoin - once you will decide to implement, just post about it to their reddit section.
dash - personal choice, I like the dash and people around

Promotion wise this may be the smartest move. The huge community will probably give you the biggest boost possible. Also volume and marketcap are nice.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:55:15 PM

Dogecoin
Litcoin
Peercoin
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:57:00 PM

yeah I definitely love DASH, never messed with XRP tho.

I think XMR is better than DASH, XRP is definitely trash and only good to enjoy some gambling with their pumps and dumps, other than that i wouldn't holding it.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:34:50 PM

Bitcoin. Full stop. No need to meddle with anything else. Any other coin that makes good technology gains can be adopted by Bitcoin, which is the one and only.

I agree, Bitcoin is the Gold of cryptos, but some technology can't be implemented in Bitcoin, like Monero's ring signatures.
needypoo (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:01:14 AM

well im already well known in the dogecoin subreddit, but ever since the whole moolah_ scam it pretty much died.
username18333

Activity: 378

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 02:22:28 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 04:29:23 AM by username18333

GEC is the official currency of the imperial government, so convention dictates you ought “accept” (needypoo) it before, even, that of your national government.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
Bought

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:58:45 AM

You could have a look at NXT (next generation coins), which is popular and one of the highest trading volume coins in polo.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:33:53 AM

I agree, Bitcoin is the Gold of cryptos, but some technology can't be implemented in Bitcoin, like Monero's ring signatures.

they can but in a different way, like zerocoin, or darkweb wallet, i don't know if they will be implemented as a fork(i doubt it) or sidechain(if blockstream will succeed) or again if those two will just be indipendent new altcoin, and not related to bitcoin
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:56:06 PM

they can but in a different way, like zerocoin, or darkweb wallet, i don't know if they will be implemented as a fork(i doubt it) or sidechain(if blockstream will succeed) or again if those two will just be indipendent new altcoin, and not related to bitcoin

As far as I know Zerocoin and I think you meant Darkwallet will be integrated within Bitcoin and aren't separate altcoins, but I've heard they aren't as anonymous as Monero even tho is way better than what we have now.
I remember hearing something about Zerocoin that I didn't like, which involved trust in someone destroying a masterkey that would have access to the money supply or something nasty along the lines..
JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:04:23 PM

Bitcoin is an absolute must, of course. You might also want to consider Doge (their community is fantastic) and Litecoin. Another possibility would be DASH. Of all the "Dark" coins, it is the user friendly and widely held.

Before you decide however, check to ensure that the coins you choose are relatively stable. The last thing you want to do is accept payment in a coin that crashes before you have a chance to exchange it for Bitcoin or fiat.

evenlydistributingfuture

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:19:24 PM

Bitcoin reigns supreme.

This will most likely continue for the foreseeable future, so I wouldn't mess around with potentially unstable or even more volatility with any altcoins. The world hasn't learned to understand what Bitcoin is, so a cryptocurrency-based future full of many,many different coins is either science fiction or too far off to be worth planning for.
Maybe for a specific purpose, like domain names with Namecoin. That's about the only worthy exception I would consider.
VietBet

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:25:27 PM

Thanks JackRipper.

Will look into Doge and Litecoin.

Its amazing how many options are out there - agree to be very cautious as many appear to be fly by nights.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: