Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:56:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree to raise the block size limit to 20 megabytes or not?  (Read 1931 times)
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:04:37 AM

And that's really the debate, how and when, not if.

And I find that sad. I believe the debate should be about a way of giving back the ability for any client to add transactions to the block chain, getting rid of blocks altogether (or viewed another way, block size=1 transaction) and load balancing the distribution of blocks. Mining and including transactions in the block chain need to be separate, IMO.

Huh

then you should design your own coin  Smiley

No please, no more bullshit and useless coins.. there's only profit for devs and it's sad.
There was not a good coin for very long time and they should make something useful.
TransaDox

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:27:29 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2015, 09:42:38 AM by TransaDox

No please, no more bullshit and useless coins.. there's only profit for devs and it's sad.
There was not a good coin for very long time and they should make something useful.

Most sensible comment I've seen for a while.

My vision (however feasible it may be) has these two features:
1. Transactions are processed in clients and not by miners, harnessing the collective processing power of participants to run the network. (the original vision?)
2. The block chain is distributed - by that I mean in pieces distributed amongst the clients and a local "cache" of relevant pieces used by the client for transactions. You could still build a complete history by retrieving all the pieces in the cloud if you wanted, but its not necessary for day to day operation.

These two would make most of the infrastructure problems go away, IMO. Interesting times.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:32:16 AM

I guess it is needed and I don't see why so many people are fighting it.. In the end there is no way around it.. It is currently just an arbritrary valule anyway.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: