Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:00:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 BTC from the forum now frozen due to lack of moderation  (Read 3852 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:50:45 PM

That sounds rough, luckily though you were smart enough to make at least 3 backups of your wallet with at least one of those backups offsite, so you still have full access to the funds. Right?
The OP is clearly lying about not having access to the forum's money. I seriously doubt that someone would "punish" their husband for something that is written by an anon on the internet, I mean come on. Not only that but the punishment is to "take away" the OP's offline computer (that likely gets very little use).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 03:55:12 PM

I just had a thought, can we confirm this isn't a hacked account first? CIYAM are you able to sign an address please?

I am having troubles with trying to run Bitcoin software here but you are can send me an email to ian@ciyam.org or ian@ciyam.com if you think that I have been hacked.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 03:58:28 PM

This forum can't help any user who is personally attacked or abused and even I've been abused a lot on this forum and those posts still exist. Using such words shows the standard of a person and arguing with them or removing those posts does no harm to them but it only makes us feel hurt.

These posts also do exist here and they are found pretty constructive and hence I don't have anything to say: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074134.220

Just because my mom told me to calm down, I have not tried to be offensive else another person would have committed suicide due to those abusive words used for me.

Even Facebook and Twitter allows such abusive comments and by trying to blackmail the forum admin won't help and I do feel bad for you but nothing can be done.

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:59:36 PM

Wasn't there someone who passed away before and now this?
Over time all forum btc will become inneccesible at this rate.

paraipan, he was holding 250 Bitcoins.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 04:03:48 PM

Sure if you guys want to show that "we agree that women should be denigrated" then do absolutely nothing.

It is only my wife that you are hurting but clearly you don't care about that.

Also my wife is only asking that "off-topic" posts are removed from that topic - is that so unreasonable (and any replies I made should also be deleted)?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 04:27:53 PM

Your wife (and you by extension) is (are) essentially extorting the forum. That's a fact. I understand this is (partially) not your fault but it is still extortion. And while I do feel a bit of sympathy as those posts are completely over-the-top, holding ~$12000 in Bitcoin hostage is not something a mature adult should consider nor do. It reeks of childishness.

On the other hand, why are we calling people's wives "absolute cunts" now? Hold it for a second, some bad stuff happened, why are we resorting to statements that bad already? I am not bothered who said it, I'm not bothered if they are staff either (and I'm not in the camp who think staff need to be morally above the median, although they shouldn't be extremely below it), but for anyone - especially regulars - in a community to respond to an issue like this with something like that almost immediately is over-the-top.

P.S.: hilariousandco, you're cool usually, but what...?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 04:30:47 PM

seriouscoin is a troll and is obvious. Most of his posts should be deleted.

@CIYAM: Well, what you said is good but not giving 50BTC for not deleting is actually bad IMHO. I think you should change this thread to a normal one.

Eg:

seriouscoin is trolling. Please delete his off-topic posts. I reported it but I didn't find any response from mods.

<example link1>
 <example link2>

BTW, if you reported posts recently, it may take sometime for those posts to be deleted. So please wait...

P.S. These types of threads will also decrease your reputation in this forum. Hope you can understand it and change the style of the topic.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 04:32:06 PM

I have stated that I will still honor my obligation about the 50 BTC even if I never get my offline PC back (so that will come out of my own funds).

This is not about trying to extort the forum but simply about why is there no moderation about such posts (after they were reported several times).

If you can't see why my wife is *angry* then I think you need to re-read the posts.

Do you guys not think that some sort of "decency" should exist at all?

chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 04:39:26 PM

Wasn't there someone who passed away before and now this?
Over time all forum btc will become inneccesible at this rate.

paraipan, he was holding 250 Bitcoins.

Just read about him!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583286.msg6406604#msg6406604

I really think Multi-sig should be encouraged for all forum btc.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:42:25 PM

Just read about him!

The main problem is it's hard to find trustworthy treasurers, currently theymos still holds most of the BTC.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 04:44:25 PM

The main problem is it's hard to find trustworthy treasurers, currently theymos still holds most of the BTC.

Again - even if I can't access my offline PC I will not *steal* the forum's BTC - is that clear enough yet?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:45:21 PM

I have stated that I will still honor my obligation about the 50 BTC even if I never get my offline PC back (so that will come out of my own funds).

This is not about trying to extort the forum but simply about why is there no moderation about such posts (after they were reported several times).
That isn't what your OP stated. I think it was pretty clear that the returning of the forum's 50 BTC was dependent on the deletion of the two posts listed in the OP.

The posts in question appear to have since been deleted. The lack of moderation is not something that is acceptable to not safeguard money entrusted to you.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 04:45:56 PM

Just read about him!

I believe no one can be trusted for long run online! Atleast not with this big amounts.
Somehow things turn out bad. But there are always Rare Exceptions.

@CIYAM Hopefully you'll figure out a way to sort this all out calmly instead of sounding like an extortion. I know you don't want to , but your wife needs to understand it's not a child's play .... Regards
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:48:06 PM

I can understand your situation and but I guess it's just one part which sounds like a extortion.

"If the forum ever wants those 50 BTC back then I suggest you might want to delete those offensive posts."

Everything else what you wrote is completely fine and understandable. I don't see a reason why those post can't be deleted.
onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:49:02 PM

If you can't see why my wife is *angry* then I think you need to re-read the posts.

I look at your avatar and hoping that is not an image of your self because if it is than form some reason I find it hard to believe a man of your age would act like a child.
I agree with every one else that the comments were to far, but seriously? I am pretty sure many have talked about your wife in front and behind you did you or did she every do such a thing?

so what your wife saw a  post about her from a random person, it was your damn fault for continue to argue with said member. you  and your wife are basically extortion

I think you forgot one thing the Internet is a real realm to talk what ever they want.
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:50:35 PM

Just read about him!

Exactly, even with multisig, one missing person can block all funds.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 04:53:19 PM

I feel sorry for those that don't understand having a wife (as clearly most forum poster's here don't).

You can't *reason* with an angry wife - you have to just try and fix the issue.

Apparently the mods decided to delete the most offensive posts and for that I am happy and I am sure once I show my wife this my offline PC will be returned to me.

I don't know why people think that it is so important to allow other people to be "assholes to each other* - personally I think "peace" is a better idea but in any case thanks to the mods that helped sort this out.

If @theymos is worried about me then once I get my offline PC back I will transfer the forum's funds to an address he gives me.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:54:31 PM

No one who's not married/attached is going to see why or how your wife is angry.  I believe, imho, most forum users are single and do not have any experience with relationships yet so their frame of reference of understanding you is not there.  There's no logic to be applied here.  Your wife is pissed about comments on bitcoin related forum... Therefore she hates/blames bitcon... Therefore she has punished bitcoin by taking it away from you... Hopefully in a few days emotions can calm down...  And to your wife, sorry for the abuse you've received from a nasty person on these forums...
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:56:05 PM

Of course I am sure most forum members don't want to see such a topic but unfortunately I had my offline computer taken from me and have no other way to regain control of the 50 BTC that I am holding for the forum.

If you think it is fine that the forum should just allows insults of everyone's partners then please start insulting the mods partners as clearly that should be okay (am sure they will all be very happy to have their wives read posts about being "maids").

And you will open another can of worms by deleting these things. Where will it end? What will be acceptable and not acceptable? Who will decide and regulate the name calling? Are you willing to offer yourself as the judge, jury and executioner for all complaints of name calling? Who will oversee your decisions? Is there enough hours in a day to even begin?
It's the internet, many brutish keyboard warriors on these very webs, many of us have been their victims.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:56:19 PM

Just read about him!

Exactly, even with multisig, one missing person can block all funds.
Hey I'm starving!!!! Well, eat the apple in front of you!!! Oh man, I have to chew it?Huh
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: