Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:54:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nowadays what's the actual cost of mining 1 BTC ?  (Read 2806 times)
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:54:35 AM

This was a completely uninformed question that's impossible to answer. Why bother trying?

how come its uninformed ? the information is open to everyone... how much power you need to power 3 th miner, how many btc those 3th miner get in 1 month, and how much you pay for electricity to  those miner... how come you said it was impossible to answer ?

Read the original question again and tell it's not informed.

Hello guys,

I have a simple question. Please, answer ......

Nowadays what's the actual cost of mining 1 BTC ?

Please, I really need to know .

There is none of the specificity that you implied in your response. The original question is indeed impossible to answer without guessing on the variables.

Stupid question. And a complete waste of time trying to answer it.

yes, but at least he did said nowadays... and i feel i can help with the rough calculation of nowadays case of real miner

Last month didn't even make 1 btc, Made 0.9 btc with 3th (1 x S4 & 1 x C1) at 2300w....

In Australia electricity is super expensive in comparison to anywhere 0.20 a watt, When i hear u guys saying 0.10 a watt & less i cringe & i know i losing a never ending battle for BTC

Cost of my electricity at current in my circumstance is more expensive that coin generated at current diff & price of bitcoin.

Just out of curiosity, was that .9 BTC figure, a "before electricity costs", or a "after electric costs" number? I ask because I thought that at $.20 per KWh rate, mining was losing proposition given current BTC price.

i guess it was before electricity cost, i check with these :

https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

3th ==> per Month   0.89907827 BTC   $250.85

so.... price of 0.9 btc if mined in one month
 2,3 kw x 24 hours x 30 days x 0.2 electricity per kwh=== >   331 usd !!!  

EDIT : if electricity is cheaper like 0.15 then per btc is about 240 usd

EDIT 2 : lovenlifelarge, you are doing it wrong, you better sell miner and buy bitcoin with that electricity prices... pls inform me if you want to sell your miner. thanks

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:58:58 AM

This was a completely uninformed question that's impossible to answer. Why bother trying?

how come its uninformed ? the information is open to everyone... how much power you need to power 3 th miner, how many btc those 3th miner get in 1 month, and how much you pay for electricity to  those miner... how come you said it was impossible to answer ?

Hello guys,

There is none of the specificity that you implied in your response. The original question is indeed impossible to answer without guessing on the variables.

yes, but at least he did said nowadays... and i feel i can help with the rough calculation of nowadays case of real miner

Last month didn't even make 1 btc, Made 0.9 btc with 3th (1 x S4 & 1 x C1) at 2300w....

In Australia electricity is super expensive in comparison to anywhere 0.20 a watt, When i hear u guys saying 0.10 a watt & less i cringe & i know i losing a never ending battle for BTC

Cost of my electricity at current in my circumstance is more expensive that coin generated at current diff & price of bitcoin.

Just out of curiosity, was that .9 BTC figure, a "before electricity costs", or a "after electric costs" number? I ask because I thought that at $.20 per KWh rate, mining was losing proposition given current BTC price.

EDIT 2 : lovenlifelarge, you are doing it wrong, you better sell miner and buy bitcoin with that electricity prices... pls inform me if you want to sell your miner. thanks

Well, if you feel it's worth your effort and the OP actually appreciates your effort... good on you!

But 99.9% of the time, it's just a colossal waste of time to try to help these clueless noobs.
SKYBTC

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

skybtc.com change to new owner Btcoinat (711111)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:51:55 AM

good topic to help all me allso ask same qustion

but iam search and find this machine

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spondoolies-SP35-SP35-Yukon-Power-5-5-TH-s/291518321446?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131231084308%26meid%3D9839d2c777b84eec83da8e9f117c0e21%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D9%26sd%3D261919773367

with 5.5TH and and the power is 3650 W

how many bitcoin can i get per day or per month
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:57:57 AM

Hello guys,

Impossible to tell this because needed to know in which way someone create that 1 bitcoin. If someone create it with mining in her home must be counted the electricity and then the cost of hardware and the quantity of bitcoin he predict to produce with that hardware. Then must be divided the cost in money with the total amount of bitcoin that can be produced with that hardware.

If the bitcoin can be produced with cloud mining must  be divided the cost of the power bought with the overall quantity that can hope be produced with the cloud mining bought.

So its a hard stuff !!! Cheesy
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:01:47 AM

It is so easy to calculate this mate. The cost of bitcoin is the price you pay to have it. So go to an exchange see the price in us dollar for one bitcoin, buy it and the money you pay are the cost for that bitcoin. If you will buy another time after you will buy it with another price. So it will cost you another amount. This is the cost for this second bitcoin. So on.

That's all!
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:34:43 PM

I'll bite on this one:

Use https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty to see the current difficulty, as well as the current expected rate of bitcoin mining. The table on the upper right has value for BTC/dat and so forth. The table is in Gigahash/sec. The 5.5 TH (i.e. Terahash) is 5500 Gigahash. You should be able to do the math from there. The figures in that table also assume you run the miner 24 hours/day.

The wattage figure you quoted is important to determine the electricity consumed in producing those Bitcoins.  You will have to find out your cost for electricity in your area (i.e. where the miner will run) in order to calculate the costs of running the SP35.

Then look at the current exchange rate for BTC and see if you are making or losing money. Don't be surprised if you make very little, or lose money.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 08:16:50 PM

Bidding on that is up to over $3000... wow.  Seller is going to make a killing.  5 S5s will get you the same hash rate and cost quite a bit less... even with the inflated prices Bitmain is charging for them.  The benefit the SP35 has is that it's a single self-contained unit that'll fit nicely into a cabinet at a datacenter.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 08:35:10 PM

Bidding on that is up to over $3000... wow.  Seller is going to make a killing.  5 S5s will get you the same hash rate and cost quite a bit less... even with the inflated prices Bitmain is charging for them.  The benefit the SP35 has is that it's a single self-contained unit that'll fit nicely into a cabinet at a datacenter.
Ebay isn't really the best place to buy mining hardware. You should check out the marketplace section of this forum instead.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:26:01 AM

from
5.5 th ----> 1.6 btc per month x 288 === 460 usd
3.7 kw x 24 x 30 x 0.2 === 532,8 usd per month

if the unit cost 3000, you will need at least 50 month to profit and hopefully difficulty didnt rises (and pray that btc price keep rising)
hmmm Huh

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:11:49 AM

Hello guys,

I'm always open to an offer on my C1 & S4!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██