Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:53:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to pack it up  (Read 4123 times)
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 03:53:45 PM

I propose anyone who believes in bitcoin and its promise to humanity must stop dealing with Mastercard.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:00:32 PM

Well the article is a total sound of desperation. It seems a like a desperate way of trying to keep their customers. LOL

Yes they are scared of loosing their customers and that is the reason why they are commenting negative regarding bitcoin. As more and more people are getting involved into the use of bitcoin it is a threat to mastercard's customers and that is the reason they are yelling loud at bitcoin  Cheesy
Yeah they know that bitcoin is better than to them. And also you don't need personal information so that you can trade or send a money to some one.
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:35:48 PM

look at this example Cost to merchant for accepting @MasterCard for coffee: 0.30 USD but Cost to accept @Bitcoin: 0.01 USD, that kind of things makes MasterCard in real trouble and they are in big doubt about their future, MasterCard losing their market share because of this amazing crypto currency.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:42:32 PM

why visa isn't reacting in the same way, as a far as i know they have high fee too, they should discourage the use of bitcoin like mastercard is doing, maybe they are too busy to fight mastercard instead of caring about this...
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:32:01 AM

look at this example Cost to merchant for accepting @MasterCard for coffee: 0.30 USD but Cost to accept @Bitcoin: 0.01 USD, that kind of things makes MasterCard in real trouble and they are in big doubt about their future, MasterCard losing their market share because of this amazing crypto currency.
u drinks the coolaid. Anybody been in corporate world long enough knows that companies adapt and be ruthless if survivial at stake. if btc at any point in danger of taking big chuncks of customner away from mastercard and visa, these compabies will react. they will cut their charge to retailers from your $0.30 down to $0.01 to match btc if they have to, lay off workforce to cut costs, they have most of the infrastruture in place now so can go lean on capital investment for a few years until they ride out the btc threat. Heck, they could even afford to PAY retailers for a short while. Folks, you all think in 2D, the big corps do 3D around ya.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:52:41 AM

MasterCard has just announced that Bitcoin is no good, last one to leave turn out the lights. LOL.

http://www.coindesk.com/mastercard-digital-currencys-risks-outweigh-the-benefits/
I am not surprise that MasterCard attack bitcoin as bitcoin maybe is the killer of mastercard.
Bitcoin is another thing.
Sure bitcoin is not perfect and there is still a lot of work should be done.
But bitcoin has the potential to replace the falt .
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:14:55 PM

MasterCard has just announced that Bitcoin is no good, last one to leave turn out the lights. LOL.

http://www.coindesk.com/mastercard-digital-currencys-risks-outweigh-the-benefits/
I am not surprise that MasterCard attack bitcoin as bitcoin maybe is the killer of mastercard.
Bitcoin is another thing.
Sure bitcoin is not perfect and there is still a lot of work should be done.
But bitcoin has the potential to replace the falt .

Yes each and every company will attack its competitor when they see it as threat for their businesses and for their potential customers and mastercard did the same as they know that bitcoin is the future currency and can easily replace the fiat once the adoption level goes higher and higher.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:18:33 PM

this shows that Mastercard and companies like that find bitcoin as a serous threat to themselves that they attacked it this way. after all it is a competition involving millions of dollars every day.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:03:26 PM

this shows that Mastercard and companies like that find bitcoin as a serous threat to themselves that they attacked it this way. after all it is a competition involving millions of dollars every day.

Mastercard is pissed off due to bitcoin and they are really not able how act and react to the situation so they are just getting involved in some unprofessional activities by spreading rumors regarding the bitcoins as they know people would support them as they have more supporters at present as compared to bitcoins.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:05:08 AM

Mastercard is pissed off due to bitcoin and they are really not able how act and react to the situation so they are just getting involved in some unprofessional activities by spreading rumors regarding the bitcoins as they know people would support them as they have more supporters at present as compared to bitcoins.
They only saying that because they don't want to loss their customers and to not their customers use bitcoin.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:49:10 PM

They only saying that because they don't want to loss their customers and to not their customers use bitcoin.

They are scared of loosing their customers for sure and that is the reason they are making statements like this but the people are more knowledgeable nowadays they are aware what is right and what is wrong so this statement by the mastercard would not affect the people who are using the bitcoins.
cbase

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:59:15 PM

Pack it up? Wait for a couple months and you'd see MasterCard trying to buy the bitcoin enterprise.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:18:41 PM

Pack it up? Wait for a couple months and you'd see MasterCard trying to buy the bitcoin enterprise.

LOLZ..

No need to pack it up for bitcoin community I think it should go right with the mastercard as they already have started loosing their customers for the sake of bitcoins and why people should pay mastercard for their services as they are getting it almost for free by the bitcoins. BYE BYE Master Card. Grin
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 07:44:48 PM

LOLZ..

No need to pack it up for bitcoin community I think it should go right with the mastercard as they already have started loosing their customers for the sake of bitcoins and why people should pay mastercard for their services as they are getting it almost for free by the bitcoins. BYE BYE Master Card. Grin

Its not an end of mastercard I guess as it is only a payment system and I don't understand why master card is going against the bitcoin as they are also very much aware that bitcoin is not going to affect them much as it is a currency and the people who trust master card will always follow the master card as a mode of payment.
jwcastle

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 08:09:01 PM

While giving their statement of why bitcoin is bad, Mastercard has a team working in the back room that enables them to process bitcoins as soon as regulators approve it.

BitcoinEval.com - Evaluate your Bitcoin earnings
CPR
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:17:34 PM

While giving their statement of why bitcoin is bad, Mastercard has a team working in the back room that enables them to process bitcoins as soon as regulators approve it.

Yes and I think master card is scared after looking at the customers of bitcoin as the people are more and more getting involved into the usage of bitcoin that really threatens them and they have a fear of loosing their customers to the bitcoins and it is good sign for the bitcoin customers.
Mr. Burns

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:56:24 PM

MasterCard is literally a piece of plastic.  US Dollars are literally made out of paper.

Now give me a break.  Your telling me that shit is better than an encoded algorithm?  your CRAZY
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:09:07 PM

MasterCard is literally a piece of plastic.  US Dollars are literally made out of paper.

Now give me a break.  Your telling me that shit is better than an encoded algorithm?  your CRAZY

Hahahaha...Very rightly said brother..It simply not possible for bitcoin to pack it up and that also for a mastercard. Master card is aware that bitcoin is the future currency and they find it threatning in terms of their profits their customers so they are getting involved in delivering this type of non sense rumors.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:19:31 PM

"We would argue that, when compared to MasterCard’s network, the claims pertaining to the speed and safety of digital currencies [do] not hold up, not least given that on average it takes 10 minutes for a block to be verified and that digital currencies are far more susceptible to hacking attacks."
I'm wondering, how many mastercards that has been carded by hacker.

faucet used to be profitable
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 10:39:10 PM

It is not possible. Master Card has its own customer base and they will follow master card as they are using its since long period of time and they will never get into bitcoins it is same as people who trust fiat they will go for fiat only they will never experiment with their mode of payment as they trust it and they are used to it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: