Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:18:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: General important questions for making pos coin  (Read 1049 times)
supercanada1 (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:35:26 PM

1 what is the best confirmation number? To mature
2 I heard some coin wallet in debug panel has a mining function, which wallet?
3 is there any way to reduce the difficulty in the beginning?
4 if I mined all the pow coins in the beginning, whether I must keep mining in order to keep sync or I can just open the wallet there, or just make a few transactions?
5 generally for pure pos coins, which way it will use in the beginning to mine all the coins by pow?
6 is pos coin easy to lose sync?
7 any beautiful wallet to recommend, I found most of wallets looks like the same, try to find some artist oriented wallets
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:22:19 AM

If you have to ask these questions I dont recommend you make a coin

1. The more the better. PPC take roughly 4 days. 512 confirms at 10 minutes each = 85.3333333 Hours

2. Huh

3. POS difficulty shouldnt need to be reduced. Make sure you have enough inputs. With enough age to last until the coin is launched and others can get some inputs and gain enough age on them.

4. If you mine the premine in the first block and disable POW after there is no need to keep pow mining

5. First block should be POW with an output equaling the total supply

6. POS with no POW can be very slow in the beginning and go out of sync if not maintained by the developers or community members. Because they are almost all based off of PPC which was designed as a POW/POS hybrid. Which is why most have very very low mincoinage to compensate

7. No
supercanada1 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:28:47 AM

Thanks a lot, for pure POS period, how to keep the wallet sync if I do not need to mine? I think the blockchain must keep getting longer for keeping sync? any easy way to keep sync for POS?
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:38:09 AM

Thanks a lot, for pure POS period, how to keep the wallet sync if I do not need to mine? I think the blockchain must keep getting longer for keeping sync? any easy way to keep sync for POS?

That depends on what you want for the minimum age, if you have all POS with no POS as in typical PPC/NVC then you also need enough Blocks in order to Stake. Each Block is like a small miner and the time at which it remains is the growth of the age of the Block. Each Block is a transaction you received and it's size is called a Block. You would need enough transactions spaced out over your minimum POW period in order to have enough Blocks to Stake continuously.
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:41:15 AM

if you have all POS with no POS as in typical PPC/NVC

I think you meant All POS with no POW

If so then it is not typical PPC/NVC as they are POS/POW hybrid chains

supercanada1 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:57:29 AM

thanks, yes, I mean POS only coin, what means the min age of POS coin? for examle, if the min age is 3 months and I have 1000 coins, does that mean the coins will generate interest for 3 months and after 3 months the 1000 coins will not generate interest any more?
Thanks
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 08:24:19 AM

thanks, yes, I mean POS only coin, what means the min age of POS coin? for examle, if the min age is 3 months and I have 1000 coins, does that mean the coins will generate interest for 3 months and after 3 months the 1000 coins will not generate interest any more?
Thanks

If it's POS only with no POW and the minimum age is 3 months then the Blockchain would never move as each Block of Coins would not be eligible to Stake again for another 3 months.
supercanada1 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:44:34 PM

thanks。what means min age? usually set it how much
supercanada1 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:49:47 PM

ah。min age means the for a newly mined coin, how long it will start to generate interest? I set it six hours? Correct?
Also max age, if I set max age to be one year, it will generate interest and then after one year it will stop generate interest? Correct? Thanks
supercanada1 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:10:06 PM

also how often the interest coin will be added to my wallet, each day? Which parameter?
Thanks
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 03:42:01 AM

also how often the interest coin will be added to my wallet, each day? Which parameter?
Thanks

How often is the min age
supercanada1 (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:31:51 AM

thanks. so if my min age is 3 hours, interest will be generated every 3 hours, and it will be added to the new block, so the new block will be added to the chain each 3 hours, and the sync can be catch up within 3 hours?

Thanks
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:52:52 AM

thanks. so if my min age is 3 hours, interest will be generated every 3 hours, and it will be added to the new block, so the new block will be added to the chain each 3 hours, and the sync can be catch up within 3 hours?

Thanks

Yes, each Block is a transaction you receive and the amount, each Block would Stake after a minimum of 3 hours.
supercanada1 (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:19:25 AM

thanks, the time required to sync getting smaller if I make min age to be smaller, so the time to sync will be faster?
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:46:25 AM

thanks, the time required to sync getting smaller if I make min age to be smaller, so the time to sync will be faster?

No, the time to sync is the same. To sync means to download the transaction history of the Blockchain.

You are only talking about the minimum time a Block will take to Stake.
supercanada1 (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:01:05 AM

thank
I think blockchain must add new block to fix "out of sync" problem. When I start wallet, it always shows "out of sync", the wallet start to sync only after a new block added to the chain. In order to add a new chain, a new transaction must happen such as a new block mined. So before the new interest generated, no new block will be generated. The new interest only be generated after the min age, for example, the min_age is 3 hours, after 3 hours, new interest generated, and a new block can be created based on this new interest, and a new block added to the blockchain, and the "out of sync" wallet can keep sync because the new block added to the chain.
in the future, every 3 hours(min age), some interest generated, and a new block generated, and added to the blockchain, and the "out of sync" wallets keep sync, is this correct?
Thanks
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:10:02 AM

thank
I think blockchain must add new block to fix "out of sync" problem. When I start wallet, it always shows "out of sync", the wallet start to sync only after a new block added to the chain. In order to add a new chain, a new transaction must happen such as a new block mined. So before the new interest generated, no new block will be generated. The new interest only be generated after the min age, for example, the min_age is 3 hours, after 3 hours, new interest generated, and a new block can be created based on this new interest, and a new block added to the blockchain, and the "out of sync" wallet can keep sync because the new block added to the chain.
in the future, every 3 hours(min age), some interest generated, and a new block generated, and added to the blockchain, and the "out of sync" wallets keep sync, is this correct?
Thanks

yes, this is correct
Valanor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:13:52 AM

WICH coin better for you ?
~ low POS with superblock (1% and superblock 100%)
~ High POS and low suply  (5% /day like MMXIV )
~ normal POS (3-5% /year)
~ DPOS if (block 1-1000 100coin, block 1000-5000 150coin etc.)
~ without POS

Smiley
Thank's

supercanada1 (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:19:11 AM

thanks for help,
thinking about:
min age: 1 hour, so a wallet will keep sync at most 1 hour
max age=-1, no limitation
each year: 3-5%
supply: not sure yet, think something like 10500000

POW: 10 blocks(X11), and then POS

I am also thinking in POS period, I should still mine or not, just keep the wallet open?
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:07:23 AM

thanks for help,
thinking about:
min age: 1 hour, so a wallet will keep sync at most 1 hour
max age=-1, no limitation
each year: 3-5%
supply: not sure yet, think something like 10500000

POW: 10 blocks(X11), and then POS

I am also thinking in POS period, I should still mine or not, just keep the wallet open?

You would need to mine more than 10 Blocks Depending on the targetspacing (time between Blocks), if it is 1 hour then you should atleast POW mine mine 2 hours worth of Blocks. You can also mine the majority of the Coins in the first Block or just set the POW at 0 reward until you split up the Blocks.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: