Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:25:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not recieving bitcoins after purchasing  (Read 958 times)
Eajry (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:50:39 PM

Any help will recieve bitcoins as soon as a solution is figured out.

Went to Wal-mart like I had (previously successful 4 times now) by Moneygram to Zipzap (a partner of Bitinstant).  Sent ~$127.00 USD.

Recieved Confirmation from bitinstant/zipzap that the funds had been sent, to the same address I've used multiple times.

Checked my blockchain wallet.  No recieved funds - No pending transactions - and of course, no confirmations because no transaction

I do not understand what the hell is going on.  I'm so pissed.  Its been a few hours, and I've seen the money appear in my wallet by the time I got home (less than 5 minutes).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:58:03 PM

Did you contact support?

PM
Yankee

or

Gareth (BitInstant)

They both follow this board.

Eajry (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:07:22 AM

Just PM'ed Yankee.

Couldn't send to user "Gareth" and couldn't find him in the search database.

I really don't understand how this is going on and I'm fearing I wont get the funds back.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:26:34 AM

Just PM'ed Yankee.

Couldn't send to user "Gareth" and couldn't find him in the search database.

I really don't understand how this is going on and I'm fearing I wont get the funds back.

If there is one person on this board who will make you whole it is bitinstant. Username bitinstant. Give him a chance to see it. Relax. You aint getting ripped.
Eajry (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:42:16 AM

Haven't received the bitcoins yet, but I've at least got some peace of mind that the transaction passed hands correctly - and that it's just taking time to process still.  So, a lot less stomach pains >.<

Will update once its fully resolved.  And thanks Yankee for your patience with me and all the help.
freeAgent

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:57:14 AM

The same thing happened to me this weekend with BitInstant.  They got it sorted out, but it took about a day.
dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:58:15 AM

I've never used bitinstant, but it seems to have a pretty damn good reputation from what i've read on various sites

It's probably just a mistake
Eajry (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:36:42 AM

Recieved and resolved.  Was just backed up apparently =)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:56:26 AM

Would be nice to edit the OP and put a [Resolved] in the title.
MassLass

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:03:33 AM

just used bitinstant today, cash deposit at bank to bt wallet went smoothly received coins[11.8btc] in 25 min

I'm still waiting on get-bitcoin to send me funds (sent prepaid card) :/
josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 12:37:25 PM

I heard it slow with delays.

johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 01:09:43 AM

Honestly it was probably a problem with the cashier. Cashiers, especially at Wal-Mart are not particularly motivated or knowledgeable. I always have to make clear that I'm making an EXPRESS payment. Usually a manager has to come over. They ask my name and its already set-up. If the cashier asks how much money you are sending, SOMETHING IS WRONG.
So I guess my advice is in the future make sure you tell the cashier you are making an EXPRESS PAYMENT. The cashier probably won't know how to handle this, so ask for a manager if you need to. The easy way to make sure you did it right is that you never tell the cashier how much you are making a payment for-since its express payment your name should already be in the system!
wesjohnson439

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 06:12:22 AM

the same thing is happening to me i deposited $400 at walmart _ got the zipzap confirmation but have had nothing go into my account on block chain.. really weird .. im gunna PM yankee once it will let me
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 11:43:15 AM

the same thing is happening to me i deposited $400 at walmart _ got the zipzap confirmation but have had nothing go into my account on block chain.. really weird .. im gunna PM yankee once it will let me
You only need one post to be able to PM.  Clearly you now have one post, or I wouldn't have anything to respond to. Therefore, you can now PM Yankee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: