Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:22:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HaoBTC launches fixed term deposit account  (Read 8560 times)
blop

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:59:47 AM

If I invest in financing halfway through the month, will I earn half a month's interest, a full month's interest, or no interest?
No interest.

So, if I invest today, I will not earn any interest for June.  Therefore, I should leave my money in the "Banking" wallet earning 8% and wait to "Buy Financing" until the last day of the month.

Is that the right way to look at it?
Valanor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 03:03:28 AM

but i'm confused about 8% with  Annualised interest rate 8%
if i deposit when i get 8% ? are 8% /year /month or /hour Huh

if i deposit 5BTC and i not use it for 1day (24hours) how many i get ?

and from where you get profit from my Bank

#sory if my english bad
8% is per year. There is no way that someone can consistently pay 8% per month or per hour. Someone may pay 800% when he has a life-threatening condition and needs a brain surgery immediately, but it won't be consistent.
The amount that you deposit 5BTC for one day should be about 5*8%/365 ≈ 0.0011.

Thank's for your answer Smiley

now i can take action

Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 03:04:06 AM

If I invest in financing halfway through the month, will I earn half a month's interest, a full month's interest, or no interest?
No interest.

So, if I invest today, I will not earn any interest for June.  Therefore, I should leave my money in the "Banking" wallet earning 8% and wait to "Buy Financing" until the last day of the month.

No, you'd earn 1 day's worth of the higher interest if you did that, which would be silly.

If you don't need the funds for 4/5/6/7/etc. weeks, put it in the financing.  If you want liquidity, use the banking.
blop

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 03:21:55 AM

No interest.

No, you'd earn 1 day's worth of the higher interest if you did that, which would be silly.

If you don't need the funds for 4/5/6/7/etc. weeks, put it in the financing.  If you want liquidity, use the banking.

I interpret "No interest [for mid-month investments]" to mean that if I invest today, I will earn zero interest between now and the end of the month.  Whereas, if I leave my money in the banking wallet I will earn interest hourly.

Please clarify eric@haobtc.  Thanks in advance.
Eric Mu (OP)

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 03:52:04 AM

No interest.

I interpret "No interest [for mid-month investments]" to mean that if I invest today, I will earn zero interest between now and the end of the month.  Whereas, if I leave my money in the banking wallet I will earn interest hourly.

Please clarify eric@haobtc.  Thanks in advance.

That is correct.
blop

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:08:21 PM

I would like to invest in financing on the last hour of the last day of this month so that I can make sure that I get paid for July and also don't miss out on the 8% interest between now and the end of June.  So, I would like to make a feature request for the website to allow me to specify ahead of time how many bitcoins I want to move to financing on the last minute of the month and then have the website auto move my money from "Banking" to "Financing" at the appropriate time.
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:56:17 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2015, 01:17:27 PM by eric@haobtc

I would like to invest in financing on the last hour of the last day of this month so that I can make sure that I get paid for July and also don't miss out on the 8% interest between now and the end of June.  So, I would like to make a feature request for the website to allow me to specify ahead of time how many bitcoins I want to move to financing on the last minute of the month and then have the website auto move my money from "Banking" to "Financing" at the appropriate time.

I was not very clear in a previous post saying that a calendar month is the smallest unit.
It is slightly more nuanced than that.
If you invest in "financing" today, and you withdraw after your money with us for 31 days (depending the number of days in that specific month, this number of days can be 31, 30, 29 or 28), then you should get 12% p.a interest rate.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:26:47 PM

do i still get referral bonus from my friend if he is using financing options ?

banking options is every hour he get paid interest & i get some bonus too every hour.

but banking ? wait after 1 month or whichever options he chooses & when he completes the term ?
TracerX

Activity: 918

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:06:45 PM

Eric,

Thanks for the neat offering, I look forward to using it.  That said, I'm concerned about the security of banking deposits--not concerning the integrity of your business, but of any unknown security vectors from outside attackers.  Can you describe how our banking or financing funds are stored?

Is there anyway we can store those funds in a multisig vault and still provide you with the capital you need while providing depositors with extra security?

Cheers!
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:26:49 PM

I would like to invest in financing on the last hour of the last day of this month

You do not understand how monthly interest rates work.  You don't get a month's worth of interest if your money has only been there 1 hour.  You leave it there for a month, you get the monthly interest rate.
blop

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:11:45 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2015, 09:28:04 PM by blop

I would like to invest in financing on the last hour of the last day of this month

You do not understand how monthly interest rates work.  You don't get a month's worth of interest if your money has only been there 1 hour.  You leave it there for a month, you get the monthly interest rate.

I wasn't trying to earn an hour's worth of interest.  If you read the exchange, I thought he was saying that interest was paid at the end of every calendar month and if you were not invested at the start of that month you would not receive any interest.  So, I was saying I wanted to invest one instant before the month of July begins to make sure that I earn interest for JULY (not June).  Eric has since cleared it up -- the month begins when you invest, not when the calendar rolls over.

I understand how monthly interest rates work; you didn't understand what I didn't understand. :-P

Edit: FWIW, the hourly interest is paid at the top of the hour based on what you had at the top of the previous hour.  If you invest at 5:30, you will receive no interest at 6:01.  At 7:01, you will earn one hour's worth of interest (not 1.5 hours).  At least that's what it looks like from my experience on the site.
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:29:25 PM

You do not understand how monthly interest rates work.  You don't get a month's worth of interest if your money has only been there 1 hour.  You leave it there for a month, you get the monthly interest rate.

I wasn't trying to earn an hour's worth of interest.  If you read the exchange, I thought he was saying that interest was paid at the end of every calendar month and if you were not invested at the start of that month you would not receive any interest.  So, I was saying I wanted to invest one instant before the month of July begins to make sure that I earn interest for JULY (not June).  Eric has since cleared it up -- the month begins when you invest, not when the calendar rolls over.

I understand how monthly interest rates work; you didn't understand what I didn't understand. :-P

it does not matter when u deposit, it does not follow calendar month if i'm not mistaken.

it follows the date u deposit into financing.

i tried it & the system shows 6/11 deposit & matures on 7/11. put 10 btc in & get 0.1 btc for 1 month financing is what i saw.

looks like 30 days then it matures. not sure about other months though.

but my question is ... my referral bonus pays me hourly atm, but if it;s in financing then most likely i will only get the bonus Huh

appreciate if there's anyone signing up to use my ref http://haobtc.com/?ref=85c51c9f

thx in advance Wink
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:00:47 PM

Got it, clear as mud now. Smiley

I always have my doubts, but I may let a little coin ride here for a bit and see what happens.
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:23:54 PM

Got it, clear as mud now. Smiley

I always have my doubts, but I may let a little coin ride here for a bit and see what happens.

so far so good for me ...

hope you can use my ref http://haobtc.com/?ref=85c51c9f

thx Wink
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:17:44 AM

it does not matter when u deposit, it does not follow calendar month if i'm not mistaken.

it follows the date u deposit into financing.

i tried it & the system shows 6/11 deposit & matures on 7/11. put 10 btc in & get 0.1 btc for 1 month financing is what i saw.

looks like 30 days then it matures. not sure about other months though.

but my question is ... my referral bonus pays me hourly atm, but if it;s in financing then most likely i will only get the bonus Huh

appreciate if there's anyone signing up to use my ref http://haobtc.com/?ref=85c51c9f

thx in advance Wink

The referral link doesn't work for "financing" for now - but I was told that eventually it will.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:23:30 AM

This sounds a lot like CoinLenders or whatever it was (run by TF). We saw what happened with that one.

How public is your identity, OP? How can we verify who you are, and what you've done in the past? It's risky enough as it is. Even more so if we don't know you, Smiley.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:28:47 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 07:56:04 AM by eric@haobtc

This sounds a lot like CoinLenders or whatever it was (run by TF). We saw what happened with that one.

How public is your identity, OP? How can we verify who you are, and what you've done in the past? It's risky enough as it is. Even more so if we don't know you, Smiley.

My bio is pretty simple:
I worked seven years for a media startup called Danwei, which is an English language media website and consulting firm founded by Jeremy Goldkorn (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Goldkorn ).
The company was sold to Financial Times in early 2013.
I worked at Financial Times' Beijing office for a little more than a year as a researcher and left the company in May, 2014.
I subsequently joined a few Bitcoin companies, including a brief stint at OKCoin (worked as a member of the overseas team responsible for media communications), Coinarch, an Australian exchange. HaoBTC is the third BTC company that I work for.  
I translated a few books as a hobby - still doing translation when I have time.
I am a contributor to CoinDesk and Forbes.
Can't think of anything to add.
Most info can be found on my Linkedin page.
TracerX

Activity: 918

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:07:18 PM

My bio is pretty simple:
I worked seven years for a media startup called Danwei, which is an English language media website and consulting firm founded by Jeremy Goldkorn (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Goldkorn ).
I worked at Financial Times' Beijing office for a little more than a year as a researcher and left the company in May, 2014.
I subsequently joined a few Bitcoin companies, including a brief stint at OKCoin (worked as a member of the overseas team responsible for media communications), Coinarch, an Australian exchange. HaoBTC is the third BTC company that I work for.  

Thanks for this information.  Can you briefly describe how deposits are secured internally?  I understand the need to keep somethings closer to the vest than others, but it would ease my mind knowing that two or three digit deposits are secure.

Thanks a million!
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 04:41:33 AM

My bio is pretty simple:

Eric, I cannot find your Linkedin page.

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:13:11 AM

Eric, I cannot find your Linkedin page.

You didn't try very hard, it is literally the first link that comes up if you google "linkedin eric mu".
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: