Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:47:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HaoBTC launches fixed term deposit account  (Read 8560 times)
Eric Mu (OP)

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:27:28 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 12:40:48 PM by eric@haobtc

Statement:
Going forward, anyone who has a legitimate claim that loss has been caused by withdrawal delay due to our fault can send the proof either to my email address eric.mu@haobtc.com or WeChat and get a compensation no less than the loss. The money will be paid using my personal fund, as the company doesn't have such policy for the time being. I just want to show people that we do care about fairness.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:13:39 PM

Statement:
Going forward, anyone who has a legitimate claim that loss has been caused by withdrawal delay due to our fault can send the proof either to my email address eric.mu@haobtc.com or WeChat and get a compensation no less than the loss. The money will be paid using my personal fund, as the company doesn't have such policy for the time being. I just want to show people that we do care about fairness.

thx so much eric for understanding ... this issue is being sorted out as i'm typing this out & i'm being compensated.

like i mentioned earlier, it's not a matter of big or small amount, it;s fairness & transparency. good job eric !

i hope haobtc can/will find a solution to this matter not eric paying from his personal funds. have to be fair to everyone.

looking fwd to further improvements.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:49:49 PM

Statement:

thx so much eric for understanding ... this issue is being sorted out as i'm typing this out & i'm being compensated.

like i mentioned earlier, it's not a matter of big or small amount, it;s fairness & transparency. good job eric !

i hope haobtc can/will find a solution to this matter not eric paying from his personal funds. have to be fair to everyone.

looking fwd to further improvements.

Huge +1 to Eric, but I'm with you on this: the company itself should have a policy; an individual shouldn't have to pay this out of pocket.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:18:39 PM

I think the interest is the same for 10 or 20 btc.
Yes, you get a higher rate in financing by investing for a loner term, not a larger amount.

Statement:
Now that's putting your best foot forward, hopefully HaoBTC will follow your lead and develop a company policy so you don't have to cover these losses on your own.
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:23:02 PM

Statement:
Now that's putting your best foot forward, hopefully HaoBTC will follow your lead and develop a company policy so you don't have to cover these losses on your own.

I think so. It is Haobtc's responsibility
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:06:48 AM

I am trying out HaoBTC with a small deposit to test the banking system.  Is there any interest in joining funds so that we can get to at least 10 btc to get the financing rate for those who don't want to put that much btc onto the site?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:09:28 AM

I am trying out HaoBTC with a small deposit to test the banking system.  Is there any interest in joining funds so that we can get to at least 10 btc to get the financing rate for those who don't want to put that much btc onto the site?

This is risky. Then you're introducing a third failure point:

1) Bitcoin itself
2) HaoBTC
3) The partner

The normal interest would be much better in this situation, I believe.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:34:22 AM

1) Bitcoin itself
2) HaoBTC
3) The partner

Yea, I am just putting a little into this, its still a very new service.  And I understand your concerns, was just curious.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:37:44 AM

1) Bitcoin itself
2) HaoBTC
3) The partner

Yea, I am just putting a little into this, its still a very new service.  And I understand your concerns, was just curious.

I get ya. And it wasn't against you, it's against anyone, really (including your own protection). It's a lot like alts and exchanges. They introduce so many failure points that you end up in a high-risk low-reward situation. Highly advise against that.

Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:13:13 AM

Important Announcement:

Dear HaoBTC users,

Due to product structure adjustment, HaoBTC has decided to drop the interest rate for its flexible-term investment service, aka Banking from the current 8% per annum to 6% p.a. This will be effective starting 2:00 am GMT. HaoBTC's fixed term deposit product, or Financing, will not be affected.

Eric Mu

kenscho

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:53:07 PM

Important Announcement:

Dear HaoBTC users,

Due to product structure adjustment, HaoBTC has decided to drop the interest rate for its flexible-term investment service, aka Banking from the current 8% per annum to 6% p.a. This will be effective starting 2:00 am GMT. HaoBTC's fixed term deposit product, or Financing, will not be affected.

Eric Mu

why you do this?
this is very bad!
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 01:46:09 AM

Dropping the banking interest rate from 8% to 6% was unfortunate. I hope you reconsider and bring back the 8% rate. At only 6% return I think you will see bitcoin moving from HaoBTC to Hashnest PACMiC v2.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:12:42 AM

Dropping the banking interest rate from 8% to 6% was unfortunate. I hope you reconsider and bring back the 8% rate. At only 6% return I think you will see bitcoin moving from HaoBTC to Hashnest PACMiC v2.

The issue is with Hashnest, you're tying up those funds and may or may not get back the principal (depending on mining difficulty). With HaoBTC, you can pull them out at any time, never losing any principal and getting free funds on top of that.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:32:27 AM

The issue is with Hashnest, you're tying up those funds and may or may not get back the principal (depending on mining difficulty). With HaoBTC, you can pull them out at any time, never losing any principal and getting free funds on top of that.

No offense to HaoBTC on this point, but Hashnest has been around a lot longer and is more trustworthy IMO.  I am not calling anyone anything, but this is still a very new company.  Honestly, I am on the edge about what to do with my deposits.  6% seems just too low to justify the risk, but I haven't withdrawn yet.  On the other hand, dropping the interest rate shows a level of trustworthiness instead of just paying out dividends that are very high and unsustainable to try to lure more people in.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:34:00 AM

No offense to HaoBTC on this point, but Hashnest has been around a lot longer and is more trustworthy IMO.  I am not calling anyone anything, but this is still a very new company.  Honestly, I am on the edge about what to do with my deposits.  6% seems just too low to justify the risk, but I haven't withdrawn yet.  On the other hand, dropping the interest rate shows a level of trustworthiness instead of just paying out dividends that are very high and unsustainable to try to lure more people in.

Again, the issue is that with one, you're buying something that most likely will never ROI. So you're going into an almost guaranteed loss from the get-go, no matter who you're purchasing it from.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:38:37 AM

Again, the issue is that with one, you're buying something that most likely will never ROI. So you're going into an almost guaranteed loss from the get-go, no matter who you're purchasing it from.

The PACMiC is never going to ROI?

At a difficulty increase of 5%, 1 TH/s will become unprofitable in roughly 192 days.
At a difficulty increase of 5%, 1 TH/s will mine 1 btc in roughly 139 days.

That doesn't seem like a guaranteed loss from the gitgo, I agree there is a chance, but is it any higher than a new company running away with deposits?

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:53:06 AM

The PACMiC is never going to ROI?

At a difficulty increase of 5%, 1 TH/s will become unprofitable in roughly 192 days.
At a difficulty increase of 5%, 1 TH/s will mine 1 btc in roughly 139 days.

That doesn't seem like a guaranteed loss from the gitgo, I agree there is a chance, but is it any higher than a new company running away with deposits?

I get what you mean. I mean, it's not like Mt. Gox was around for a that long before they ran. Or Trendon Shavers. Or TradeFortress. Or (insert many other scenarios here).

HaoBTC is pretty transparent as far as I can see, including personal information of employees and the business itself.

Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:53:57 AM

Urgent statement
Dear HaoBTC customers:
HaoBTC will temporarily close its Website (haobtc.com ) to facilitate an UI upgrade. This process is estimated to last two hours - from 14:00 to 16:00 Beijing Time. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you and will try our best to render any assistance for the duration.

BabelFish

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:56:28 PM

After the UI upgrade, I have an invalid phone number in my settings. I found out that it is not possible to unbind an invalid phone number from the settings.
How can someone unbind the phone setting, when they need to receive the verification code by phone (but the phone doesn't work)?
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:00:39 AM

After the UI upgrade, I have an invalid phone number in my settings. I found out that it is not possible to unbind an invalid phone number from the settings.
How can someone unbind the phone setting, when they need to receive the verification code by phone (but the phone doesn't work)?

Just asked the tech on your behalf. Will let you know when reply comes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: