Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:37:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So when are we going to look into really finding Pirate?  (Read 4290 times)
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 10:58:53 PM

Exactly more than enough information has been know about Mr Shavers for weeks now.  No victim has done anything.  Not a single thing.  I don't even think anyone non constructive (like prank phone calls, or vandalism) has been done.  The victims have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  The info has been available.  Hell if you were a real investor you had all the info before sending him a single coin.

Why?
1) Because for weeks many continued to defend him
2) For weeks the same victims bought into the whole delayed payout, needing more info, shifting the blame to PPT, Matt idiot gamble, etc, etc, etc.  It was designed to delay and gradually get you use to the idea that you weren't ever seeing your money again.   If you held out even the slightest hope in the past 3 weeks well it worked.  

So either
a) hire a laywer
b) meet him at his front door with baseball bats
c) STFU

How many threads are needed?  
Do something or don't but there are like 200,000 posts related to the scam.  
Does anyone really think talking about it for another couple weeks is going to make Bitcoins rain out the sky?  Really?
If "one more thead" going to magically convince him to give you your coins back?

TL/DR:
The reality is if you haven't already done anything, you AREN'T going to do anything.  Being honest with yourself is the first step in resolving a problem. Be honest.  Just admit it to yourself that you aren't going to do a single thing about it (and that includes all 200 something victims).  He got away with your money and you know deep down you aren't going to stop him.  Now you can move forward with your lives and maybe stop posting about what someone "should" do.  

BTW: I heard Rusty is offering 3% per week.  Just put twice as much money into Rusty "super secret can't share any details money making biz" (max out some CC if you have to) and in a couple months you will have even more money than before Pirate defaulted.  It is that easy.  You believed it once, why not believe it again.

I applaud you, sir.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:17:37 PM

Exactly more than enough information has been know about Mr Shavers for weeks now.  No victim has done anything.  Not a single thing.  I don't even think anyone non constructive (like prank phone calls, or vandalism) has been done.  The victims have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  The info has been available.  Hell if you were a real investor you had all the info before sending him a single coin.

Why?
1) Because for weeks many continued to defend him
2) For weeks the same victims bought into the whole delayed payout, needing more info, shifting the blame to PPT, Matt idiot gamble, etc, etc, etc.  It was designed to delay and gradually get you use to the idea that you weren't ever seeing your money again.   If you held out even the slightest hope in the past 3 weeks well it worked.  

So either
a) hire a laywer
c) STFU

How many threads are needed?  
Do something or don't but there are like 200,000 posts related to the scam.  
Does anyone really think talking about it for another couple weeks is going to make Bitcoins rain out the sky?  Really?
If "one more thead" going to magically convince him to give you your coins back?

TL/DR:
The reality is if you haven't already done anything, you AREN'T going to do anything.  Being honest with yourself is the first step in resolving a problem. Be honest.  Just admit it to yourself that you aren't going to do a single thing about it (and that includes all 200 something victims).  He got away with your money and you know deep down you aren't going to stop him.  Now you can move forward with your lives and maybe stop posting about what someone "should" do.  

BTW: I heard Rusty is offering 3% per week.  Just put twice as much money into Rusty "super secret can't share any details money making biz" (max out some CC if you have to) and in a couple months you will have even more money than before Pirate defaulted.  It is that easy.  You believed it once, why not believe it again.

I applaud you, sir.

I find that a) is a great idea. On the other hand b) is not recommended. Please see below.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:54:30 PM

Follow the money !

I applaud you Sirs for letting them divide the loot on IRC, rather than trying to do it here !!

Well done

Cheers Zyk
Charlie Prime

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 09:49:59 PM

So either
a) hire a laywer
c) STFU

d) Hire a private collection agency.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 11:02:41 PM

d) Hire a private collection agency.

My understanding of US law in respect of collection agencies is that all one needs to do is demand that they provide proof of the debt and if they are unable to do that within the required time they must cease contacting you - if they don't do that, then they are subject to fines every time they contact you.  At this point in time, I'm not sure how easy it would be for people to provide sufficient proof.  People ignore debt collectors all the time.  The only real leverage debt collectors have is the threat of your credit being damaged, and I doubt pirate is concerned about that at this point.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:10:12 AM

He doesn't have 500k in BTC. lol

He has nothing. It's a ponzi scheme, so all funds get paid out as interest payments until he can no longer get new funds and they dry up, ponzi goes bust, he disappears.

You could sue each other to claw back interest payments, since it was probably your money who went to everybody else. There's nothing left to recover. Madoff had nothing to show for his $50+ billion ponzi.

So then who owned the bitcoin address that had 500k coins in it and then started shipping coins off in large chunks to many other addresses after the scheme broke down?  Total # of coins exchange could be >>500k with 500 being the peak when all the cash out reqs happened.
Well I would say the amount ended up being a coincidence, and DPR (owner of Silkroad) saw this.  He didn't like drawing attention to the address and having it related to a potential court case ponzi scheme.  So he began washing the coins out to multiple addresses, making it seem like it belonged to BTCST and not Silkroad's cold storage.  Least that's one scenario I can come up with since others have proven that theres 1 transaction hop from depositing to Silkroad, to 1DkyBE.

More here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94675.msg1196791#msg1196791
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: