Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:19:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Story TBA.  (Read 1696 times)
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:53:03 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2012, 04:12:28 AM by Atlas

The short story will be released when I am content with it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Obsi

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:06:07 AM

How much for a short story involving a bitcoin pirate in his quest to reclaim his lost booty? If nothing else, it may help provide some closure for some of the recent open-ended drama.

Preferably with some cyberpunk elements thrown in...

In fact, make it a universe with mashed up elements from Snow Crash, Accelerando, & The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect with bitcoin being a central thread tying the different storylines together. Definitely want some deep character development on our pirate, along with a satisfying end to his problematic situation.

Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:12:56 AM

How much for a short story involving a bitcoin pirate in his quest to reclaim his lost booty? If nothing else, it may help provide some closure for some of the recent open-ended drama.

In fact, make it a universe with mashed up elements from Snow Crash, Accelerando, & The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect with bitcoin being a central thread tying the different storylines together. Definitely want some deep character development on our pirate, along with a satisfying end to his problematic situation.

For a 1200+ word short story, I'll do it for about .79 BTC. Sound fair? You can pay me when I am done and if you like it. : ) I'll get to work once I get the okay.

The story will take no more than a week.
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:21:14 AM

You may find that low price questionable but it's only because I'll enjoy writing such a story. I only want payment as a signal of its worth. ; )

It will also serve as a sample piece in the future.
Obsi

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:21:47 AM

For a 1200+ word short story, I'll do it for about .79 BTC. Sound fair? You can pay me when I am done and if you like it. : ) I'll get to work once I get the okay.

If it blows me away, will you be willing to expand it into a novel for an additional fee?

I'd be interested to read it .79 BTC it is!

Feel free to post the results in this thread for everyone to enjoy. PM me to bring my attention to it once you're done along with a payment address. Thanks
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:29:51 AM

Do you follow a particular style guide?  I'm thinking of any that discourage ending sentences with prepositions except when it would otherwise impair comprehensibility. Tongue

I'll try to follow standard accepted English in my works. My conversational style, as on here, tends to be very liberal.

I appreciate the writing tip. I really do. Every little tip helps.
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:30:34 AM

If it blows me away, will you be willing to expand it into a novel for an additional fee?

I'd be interested to read it .79 BTC it is!

Feel free to post the results in this thread for everyone to enjoy. PM me to bring my attention to it once you're done along with a payment address. Thanks
I will certainly post it and I'll pm you.

Thank you.
JMAHH

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:37:48 AM

LOL @ the OP just wanting money and clearly being ignorant about the books mentioned. I haven't read them myself but depending on the results I would be willing to write my own version and actually taking into account the details of the request.
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:39:52 AM

LOL @ the OP just wanting money and clearly being ignorant about the books mentioned. I haven't read them myself but depending on the results I would be willing to write my own version and actually taking into account the details of the request.

Now, now, who is not to say I am not reading these works right now?

I will outbid the gentlemen above every time: In quality and price. This is my project and it will be done to the highest quality.

Mr. JMAHH, I appreciate your enthusiasm but I am going to ask you to back off. Smiley
JMAHH

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 01:59:08 AM

I said, depending on the result. So if OP properly delivers he has nothing to worry about.
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 07:23:55 PM

I am going to need a week extension on this. I've overestimated my creative prowess. Tongue Feel free to outdo me at this time. We'll have to compare works in that case. I'll do this for free in fact. I am enjoying the work so far.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 07:33:52 PM

I can specialize in Bitcoins and Political subject matter, but I will adapt to any topic provided. Whether it be research or fiction, I am willing to cover almost anything.

If you're interested, PM me with the job description, along with your ideal price, and I will get back to you within the day. You will only have to pay for work you are satisfied with.

Godspeed.
I will offer my services to proofread your proofreads so that your clients receive proper proofreads.  Wink
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:13:42 PM

I can specialize in Bitcoins and Political subject matter, but I will adapt to any topic provided. Whether it be research or fiction, I am willing to cover almost anything.

If you're interested, PM me with the job description, along with your ideal price, and I will get back to you within the day. You will only have to pay for work you are satisfied with.

Godspeed.
I will offer my services to proofread your proofreads so that your clients receive proper proofreads.  Wink
Explain this error to me because I am still confident it isn't an error at all.

Additionally, those oxford commas aren't necessary.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:18:51 PM

Godspeed.
I will offer my services to proofread your proofreads so that your clients receive proper proofreads.  Wink
Well, the "am" is just a readability issue (which is something any good proofreader should look at and suggest changes for), but the three commas you missed are fairly imperative for fully complying with English standards.

EDIT:  And to be clear, I am just poking fun anyway.  It's a forum post... no one expects perfection in those.
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:19:44 PM

Godspeed.
Well, the "am" is just a readability issue (which is something any good proofreader should look at and suggest changes for), but the three commas you missed are fairly imperative for fully complying with English standards.
The am is within my writing style. I will stand by it.

As for the commas, they are oxford commas. The conjunctions already serve the same purpose. Adding commas in those places would be redundant and pedantic.

Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:22:11 PM

EDIT:  And to be clear, I am just poking fun anyway.  It's a forum post... no one expects perfection in those.

It's no problem. I am just curious. I thank you for this actually.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:24:51 PM

Godspeed.
The am is within my writing style. I will stand by it.

As for the commas, they are oxford commas. The conjunctions already serve the same purpose. Adding commas in those places would be redundant and pedantic.
As far as I can tell, none of them are oxford commas.  One does precede an "and", but that doesn't necessarily make it an oxford comma.  In this case, the two commas surround a parenthetical phrase.

Edit:  Also, I replaced what you had written with the "am".  So, if you liked it, then I suppose I have done my job.  Wink
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:31:10 PM

You win. I will not be offering proof-reading services at this time.

Not until I am competent.
JMAHH

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 03:08:36 AM

Have you checked out those books yet, Atlas?

If so, your thoughts?
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 06:05:49 PM

I'm enjoying them to say the very least.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: