Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:20:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Cloud Mining Really a Ponzi Scheme?  (Read 1510 times)
GTA (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 08:57:45 AM

There is just no general consensus on the profitability of cloud mining.

Some cloud mining companies are just not trustworthy.

Experts say there's a simple way to tell if a cloud mining company will turn out a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 10:13:32 AM

Unless they've proven they actually have hardware the chances of them being a scam is pretty high.  As with everything else invest wisely and only what you can afford to lose.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:17:00 AM

No, not all cloudmining services are scams/ponzis.

https://bit-x.com and hashnest are those that come to mind that are legitimate.
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:09:55 AM

+1

Bit-x is still new, but very trustworth website.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:18:34 AM

yeah, you are one of examples, that it can work, anyway generally "cloud mining" is for me:

1* non profitable
2* ponzi scam

Sad
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:36:39 AM

yeah, you are one of examples, that it can work, anyway generally "cloud mining" is for me:

1* non profitable
2* ponzi scam

Sad

Agreed. The only difference is the time it will be needed for you to loose you investment (in 99.9% cases). With ponzi you loose fast, and with legitimate cloud mining your death is slow and painful to watch.
Just think about it; you are no longer mining yourself, but are involving third party to do the mining, it's obvious to see that you are the last one in the food chain in that case, which comes with little or no reward at all.
My advice is; if you can't mine yourself, don't mine at all.

cheers
zecexe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:42:52 AM

Is Bitcoin Mining Really a Ponzi Scheme?
Obviously from the experiences of most people it is because people are getting ripped off!
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:51:02 AM

Why would a cloud mining service not just mine themselves and keep bitcoins?  Answer:  they make more contracting to suckers.
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:51:24 AM

Is Bitcoin Mining Really a Ponzi Scheme?
Obviously from the experiences of most people it is because people are getting ripped off!

No, just a lot of so called Bitcoin cloud mining companies are Ponzi schemes.  Bitcoin mining itself is not a Ponzi scheme.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
BTCjust

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:33:34 AM

all cloud mining are scams, not only ponzi
anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:02:40 AM

I must disagree that cloud mining is not profitable.  Using hashnest I was getting a pretty good return, then when the price of hash went up I sold.  Their market has no transaction fee.  I didn't have to wait until ROI, because the hash does not expire on a specific date.  It expires when it no longer exceeds the maintenance fee.

If a cloud miner charges a maintenance fee that is generally a good thing.  Of course there are many shady looking sites out there but to say that cloud mining is not profitable by nature is incorrect.  You just have to understand what the investment is and how to best use it.

DO your own calculations and decide for yourself.
Vitamin King

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:29:12 PM

http://i59.tinypic.com/hs126w.jpg

Experts say there's a simple way to tell if a cloud mining company will turn out a scam.

I like this quote in the article...

“If you draw an analogy between recent projects that have deceived their clients and closed down, you will notice that they all share several traits: short lifespan and the promise of a very high ROI, such as 200-400% per year.”

Being an user of www.CloudMining.website for several months, I can now comfortably assume that it does not satisfy any of thee traits...

1. Lifespan: It is paying consistently for seven months now. Payment proof: www.cloudmining.website/payments.php

2. ROI: It does not promise anything on ROI at all. In fact, it took ~125 days for me to ROI on CMW, whereas a third party mining monitor reported to have ROI with them within ~114 days...

Not your Keys = Not your Coin | No Risk = No Gain
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 03:06:21 PM

http://i59.tinypic.com/hs126w.jpg

I like this quote in the article...

“If you draw an analogy between recent projects that have deceived their clients and closed down, you will notice that they all share several traits: short lifespan and the promise of a very high ROI, such as 200-400% per year.”

Being an user of www.CloudMining.website for several months, I can now comfortably assume that it does not satisfy any of thee traits...

1. Lifespan: It is paying consistently for seven months now. Payment proof: www.cloudmining.website/payments.php

2. ROI: It does not promise anything on ROI at all. In fact, it took ~125 days for me to ROI on CMW, whereas a third party mining monitor reported to have ROI with them within ~114 days...

[ img]http://www.anony.ws/i/2015/03/02/cmmonitor1.png[/img]

@OP: If you haven't seen a ponzi promoter, see above. He is one of the active ponzi promoter. I highly recommend not to invest in that site.

SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:44:33 PM

@OP: If you haven't seen a ponzi promoter, see above. He is one of the active ponzi promoter. I highly recommend not to invest in that site.

Any specific reason of your silence behind Bit-X inability to show their mining address so far ?
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:48:45 PM

so far all cloud mining companies turned out to be 100% PONZI / SCAM
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:31:15 PM

so far all cloud mining companies turned out to be 100% PONZI / SCAM

There are still some (Bit-X, Hashnest) operating legitimately.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:53:33 PM

Id just pick the ones that actually produce the asics, meaning they should be a mining company as well.

but its based on your homework, and what precautions you take. like if they accept credit card, you also have a protection on purchases.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:15:33 PM

Why would a cloud mining service not just mine themselves and keep bitcoins?  Answer:  they make more contracting to suckers.

I agree, waiting for 6months ROI is just a bother.. you don't know whats the price of BTC in that time
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:44:30 PM

I agree, waiting for 6months ROI is just a bother.. you don't know whats the price of BTC in that time

Well thats why its a risk right lol.

Anything you invest has some levels of risk, just have to know how to off-set it. I wouldnt really bother cause 6 months is really a long time.

tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:45:35 PM

Any specific reason of your silence behind Bit-X inability to show their mining address so far ?

Any specific reason for Cloudmining.website's inability to show any proof that they mine at all so far?

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: