Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:16:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiBit HD 0.1 released  (Read 4386 times)
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 06:33:51 PM

MultiBit HD has now replaced MultiBit Classic on the 'Choose your wallet page' on bitcoin.org

We have also refreshed the https://multibit.org in line with what was on https://beta.multibit.org

Note: MultiBit Classic downloads are still available if you still need them.
(Go to https://multibit.org , click on 'Download, then look at the bottom of the 'Releases and signatures' section).

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 2107

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:09:09 PM

I just downloaded Multibit HD. Overall it looks very good. I have questions.
Where to find old address when I create by pressing Request button? Is there a page I can view old addresses list? Can I extract them (with privkeys) to .txt file like when I used to do in Multibit?
I'm gonna help your Turkish translation.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 04:51:04 PM

You can see each individual payment request address by drilling down on the transaction that paid it in the Payments table.

Just double click on the transaction and go through the Transaction details wizard. It's the last screen.

You can also do an export of everything and get all the transactions/ payment requests into CSV files. It's the Export button on the Payments screen. This does NOT contain private keys though.

We don't export private keys anywhere as the wallet words is used in wallet recovery. With HD wallets private keys are generated on demand and so we don't expose them on the UI anywhere.

Thanks in advance for your efforts on the Turkish translation !

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:43:07 PM

Cant connect to mine;

Help please!

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 06:00:36 PM

The first thing MultiBit HD does is check a file on multibit.org to see if there is a new version to update to.
If there is a problem at all doing this you'll see this dialog.

If you dismiss it you'll see the main MultiBit HD UI start up.

MultiBit HD can work quite happily without multibit.org so just carry on and log into your wallet.

Of course, if you have _no_ internet connection you'll not be able to connect to the Bitcoin network and won't get very far.
If after you've opened your wallet you get a warning message that your exchange rate provider cannot be connected to and you cannot get any peer connections that is a pretty good indicator that your internet connection has gone bang.

essexsend

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:48:38 PM

Hi Jim and others very nice job on the new version of MultiBit

Following I think all the instructions I accessed the classic version of MultiBit and sent my funds to the new account in the new wallet run on Multibit HD. Yesterday all was working fine all the buttons tabs whatever would work and the time taken to verify transactions is much much better.

However I do have a problem yesterday as I said all buttons for individual application settings worked fine, today the payment setting button or tab or whatever you want to call it is not showing the history of the payments made on the previous day or even today.

Machine is a dell precision 690
with plenty of ram and hard disk space
Using a dual display Nvidia card
OS Linux Mint 14.4.2
openjdk-7-jre

I have quite a sum of money tied up in this wallet it still shows the total sum received and a +unconfirmed B 0.00 063121 ~ GDP 0.10

The peers equal 10 but have done all day the internet is ok as I am posting this alert

What I guess as happening is I can select any of the menu buttons down left hand side and these will show it's contents for any given selection unless I choose payment which might give me the previous selection item or nothing at all. I am certainly not seeing any of yesterdays or today's payments.

If i choose Send/Receive and select request even when it is a blank receive normally it would list this underneath Request and show up in Payments now this does neither.

The one thing I have failed to do because I didn't think is relevant was to run the post install script perhaps that has something to do with it?

Please advise not going to be happy if I can not access the money in the wallet it may not be much but it is all I have.
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 06:57:09 PM

There is an option in Manage wallet to 'Repair wallet' which resyncs the wallet.
If you try that and let it sync does it improve things ?

essexsend

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:14:12 PM

Yep sorry should have mentioned I tried that did noting but complete the repair process did nothing to restore the wallet to a working condition.
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 07:43:57 PM

Couple of things you can try:
+ Download Mike Hearn's Lighthouse software (https://www.vinumeris.com/lighthouse) which uses the same encoding of the wallet words as MultiBit HD. There's an option in "Set up wallet" to load a set of wallet words. Try putting in your MultiBit HD wallet words and letting it sync. If everything works properly you'll see your balance. Then you can do an 'Empty wallet' to your wallet of choice.
+ Once you've done that and your bitcoins are safe, in MultiBit HD go into the Help and do 'Report error'. In the comments section put in a note that it is from you i.e put in 'essexsend' and upload the log file to our server. I will have a look at it in the next day or two. It may be that there is some error occurring in the loading/ rendering of the payment info.

essexsend

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:06:09 PM

I did one report a little while ago so might find one with essexsend on and one without, I am installing new bitcoins, Ie those that are generated via a miner would that be the cause it was working ok until it received it's first transaction. This is still shown as unconfirmed in title with little or no sign of being confirmed any time soon. I will follow your suggestion a little later thanks for the help.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 08:27:41 PM

I did one report a little while ago so might find one with essexsend on and one without, I am installing new bitcoins, Ie those that are generated via a miner would that be the cause it was working ok until it received it's first transaction. This is still shown as unconfirmed in title with little or no sign of being confirmed any time soon. I will follow your suggestion a little later thanks for the help.

Newly generated coins take 100 confirmations to be spendable, might that be an issue here?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 08:29:05 PM

Thanks for your log - I'll have a look.
It could very well be something to do with your pristinely new bitcoins yes.

essexsend

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:44:15 PM

Good looking forward to a simple fix then
essexsend

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:28:22 PM

By the way can we have Currency Ticker back on one of your next builds it is very useful at least I find it so!
essexsend

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:23:13 AM

The transaction for a newly generated coin is now cleared payments is still not available and running repair wallet has yet to have any effect. It is possible that newly generated coins instigated the effect however and more troubling is the fact that the condition persists although now under the Send/Receive menu option the two requests for the collection of zero bitcoins have appeared as a list under requests button. Payments though is still inaccessible and condition persists after an application restart.
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 10:11:21 AM

@essexsend
I have raised an issue in github to cover what you are experiencing:
https://github.com/bitcoin-solutions/multibit-hd/issues/626

garyrowe

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 11:17:19 AM

By the way can we have Currency Ticker back on one of your next builds it is very useful at least I find it so!

Thanks for the feedback.

I've added your suggestion as an issue under Discussion here: https://github.com/bitcoin-solutions/multibit-hd/issues/630

essexsend

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:09:49 PM

Oh well at least it got discussed
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 05:32:42 PM

I love this! Just gotta keep track of the words and you can login anywhere.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 06:07:23 PM

I love this! Just gotta keep track of the words and you can login anywhere.

Thanks !
And even better you only use the Bitcoin network to get your transaction info and to send your transactions.
There are no intermediate servers to go down and stop you accessing your bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: