Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:20:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would You Ever Take Out a Loan in Bitcoin?  (Read 7149 times)
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:56:19 AM

I've considered it. But what a friend told me from his experience with BTCJam is that you want to make sure everything, including future income, is practically guaranteed because the members tend to jump all over you if you're late with a payment even once.
nickaizoku

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

❃ CyberNick ❃

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:20:56 AM

never take a loan yet, and didnt know BTC can be loan ( before joined here ) well if it can be loan i wont loan it too, prefer to find it by other way like faucet or anything,,

6strings

Activity: 441

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:32:01 AM

I've considered it. But what a friend told me from his experience with BTCJam is that you want to make sure everything, including future income, is practically guaranteed because the members tend to jump all over you if you're late with a payment even once.
Well that should be the case with any loan. One shouldn't borrow money without honestly believing they can pay it back. Investors are taking a risk and sometimes they get burned. Its their right to leave negative feedback if the borrower doesn't live up to their obligations. The borrower should try to make their payments early where possible. In the end it works out best for all parties involved. The investor gets the return they expected,  the borrower gets a good rep and a lower rate on future loans should they be required. Negative feedback isn't permanent, the lender can delete the bad feedback should the borrower pay up etc.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 02:36:18 AM

Hey Bitcoin Community! Essentially, I would like to know if you would ever consider taking out a loan in bitcoin? If you have previously taken out a loan, please share your experiences! What were the pros and cons, and what would you improve? Thanks  Smiley

Yes I considered taking a loan and probably providing loan as well.
There are more cons than pros if you are providing loan such as higher chance that loan may default.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:51:59 AM

never take a loan yet, and didnt know BTC can be loan ( before joined here ) well if it can be loan i wont loan it too, prefer to find it by other way like faucet or anything,,

yeah, bitcoin can be loaned and you can take loan in bitcoin too but you have to pay it back with "interest". so take a loan only if you need it and only if you can earn the profit more than the interest that you have to pay back. and also you have to provide collateral

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:35:29 AM

No surprise, if fiat can be loaned, then same with bitcoin, with interest and collateral surely. Imo sometimes loan or lending become a way to gain trust between lender and recipient, which the recipient will get high trust if he can repay with its interest even higher.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 06:40:11 AM

problem with lender is if exchange rate is down from day loan was approved.
that's a loss if you ask me even if you say there will be interest.
thats why i would understand if lenders ask for high interest to protect their investment as well
6strings

Activity: 441

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:44:02 AM

No surprise, if fiat can be loaned, then same with bitcoin, with interest and collateral surely. Imo sometimes loan or lending become a way to gain trust between lender and recipient, which the recipient will get high trust if he can repay with its interest even higher.

Yes indeed!
As you see above I've borrowed a few times on here and now I have lenders PMing me at times to offer loans. Like if I request a loan from one lender their competition will PM me offering to do it right away.  I usually thank them for the offer but turn them down to stay loyal to my original lender however when this happened recently my regular lender was leaving for vacation so I took them up on the offer. I find it funny how folks are leaping out of the woodwork to offer me funds. Its too bad that doesn't happen in the real world Smiley
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:49:20 AM

Of course I will cause it is also money. Taking a loan in bitcoin has more cons though but I still take it
It is also instant and convenient compared to cash
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:58:30 AM

Hey Bitcoin Community! Essentially, I would like to know if you would ever consider taking out a loan in bitcoin? If you have previously taken out a loan, please share your experiences! What were the pros and cons, and what would you improve? Thanks  Smiley

I haven't taken never a loan in bitcoin. I haven't had the necessity to do this. But if I will need one for sure that I will ask one. But with one condition. I will take it for a short period. The value of bitcoin in us dollar is very unstable. So it can be the opposite. I take the loan to do something and I can lost to much in returning back it. So, in other words, instead of having that i want, I cannot have even my money back.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:04:14 AM

I haven't taken any loan in bitcoin until today. And I don't think that I will take this kind of loan some day. Bitcoin is to much volatile and n one know how and what it will be the price of bitcoin even within one day. I remember the time of MT Gox when the price does high every hour. And the time of Silk Road when within a day the price goes very very low. With every such kind of volatility I cannot believe a loan in bitcoin.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:10:21 AM

Taking out loan in bitcoin is not recommended, because its a deflationary currency, its value can go up massively, which is not good.

Taking out loan is only acceptable if the currency you get is a very inflationary like euro and other fiat.

Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:33:11 AM

Yes indeed!
As you see above I've borrowed a few times on here and now I have lenders PMing me at times to offer loans. Like if I request a loan from one lender their competition will PM me offering to do it right away.  I usually thank them for the offer but turn them down to stay loyal to my original lender however when this happened recently my regular lender was leaving for vacation so I took them up on the offer. I find it funny how folks are leaping out of the woodwork to offer me funds. Its too bad that doesn't happen in the real world Smiley
Seems you have gain high trust from your lender, and other lender want to get profit in your situation  Smiley  Are you running a business so you borrowed btc few times?

Of course I will cause it is also money. Taking a loan in bitcoin has more cons though but I still take it
Well fiat is better imo if you can get it from your friend in real life, its value is stable, not like bitcoin.

Taking out loan in bitcoin is not recommended, because its a deflationary currency, its value can go up massively, which is not good.

Taking out loan is only acceptable if the currency you get is a very inflationary like euro and other fiat.
Well it depends on each people perception, what do they think about it. Actually with bitcoin, you can borrow money from abroad user here, if you cant get any from your friends in real life  Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:40:02 AM

Yes indeed!
Seems you have gain high trust from your lender, and other lender want to get profit in your situation  Smiley  Are you running a business so you borrowed btc few times?

Well fiat is better imo if you can get it from your friend in real life, its value is stable, not like bitcoin.

Well it depends on each people perception, what do they think about it. Actually with bitcoin, you can borrow money from abroad user here, if you cant get any from your friends in real life  Smiley

If you have a job you can most likely get a 5-6% interest loan out in euro, probably up to 10.000€ in europe.

If you dont have a job then you are probably a scammer, and probably not deserve a loan in first place.

If you dont have a job but you plan to create a business out of it, then the risk is higher and you deserve 10-15% interests, which is even harder to pay than a 5% so, it might go scam later, or it might default, as the price will go to 600$ soon Smiley

misterycoins

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:01:55 PM

I dislike taking loans in general. I think I would not take a loan in Bitcoin. But in my case it's not an entirely Bitcoin specific loan aversion
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:34:25 PM

I dislike taking loans in general. I think I would not take a loan in Bitcoin. But in my case it's not an entirely Bitcoin specific loan aversion

Yes I think taking a loan is not an good idea and that also on bitcoin doesn't sounds great, It is better that we work hard and earn bitcoins rather then going for a loan, as you never know anything could happen and it is not safe to go for a loan you might loose your bitcoin as well.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 06:43:02 AM

Yes I think taking a loan is not an good idea and that also on bitcoin doesn't sounds great, It is better that we work hard and earn bitcoins rather then going for a loan, as you never know anything could happen and it is not safe to go for a loan you might loose your bitcoin as well.
Thats why we need a collateral to guarantee us that our loan transaction can be safer. And the collateral must have higher value than the loan, so no one cant get loss. Atleast with the loan, we can help other person for his business.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:56:46 AM

I would take small loans, but since I believe in it so much and I am positive the price will grow a lot in the future, I would be afraid each day that the price will explode.

I mean, if I was to take 5 btc loan at the moment,  that would be arond $1300,i.agine if price jumped to $1000 a Bitcoin, I would have to give back $5000. That's a huge risk in my opinion.
scumbag

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★Support For PHILIPPINES Sub Forum★

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:55:10 AM

taking a loan is a good option for emergency situations
i will not take a loan if its just to buy something as i might end up paying interest which makes the item i bought expensive since aside from the original price, i have to add the interest

Brad Harrison

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:56:02 AM

Not unless I really had too

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: